Quote Originally Posted by Seditian View Post
    What are you on (about)? If the beta invites were under NDA, of course they'd say they didn't send them out yet.
    Wtf is the point of sneaky beta invites when there is no beta anyway ? Beta BETTER BE close so why screw around with stealth beta invites especially giving it to streamers when they may not stream it anyway, could you clarify what in the hell the point of that is ?

What are you on (about)? If the beta invites were under NDA, of course they'd say they didn't send them out yet.
    They just would say nothing. Neither confirm nor deny.

Pretty sure if there was an NDA they wouldn't be allowed to say none have been sent out, either. "I can neither confirm nor deny"
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Prode View Post
    Wtf is the point of sneaky beta invites when there is no beta anyway ? Beta BETTER BE close so why screw around with stealth beta invites especially giving it to streamers when they may not stream it anyway, could you clarify what in the hell the point of that is ?
    So people can prepare? Pre-download 20-30GB of data, install it all, setup their addons, fix bugs in addons and all that stuff? I'm not saying there's a closed-beta going on already, obviously not or we'd know about it. But it's pretty obvious why people get beta keys before the beta goes live. Almost all companies do it this way these days and literally all companies who got funded via Kickstarter do this.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    They just would say nothing. Neither confirm nor deny.
    Fair enough, but then people would realize that it's true. They can't win in a situation like this.

Lore could just play dumb and say, never knew anywhere were sent out, type of thing

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Someone should ask them instead of when's the beta, you should ask if they are still undecided when to release beta or not. So far it seems Blizzard is depending on something, as stated by Rygarius, before beta could begin.

Quote Originally Posted by enchanted View Post
    Someone should ask them instead of when's the beta, you should ask if they are still undecided when to release beta or not. So far it seems Blizzard is depending on something, as stated by Rygarius, before beta could begin.
    It could be related to what Simca said: they are possibly upgrading the download system for Warlords. And are waiting for that to finish

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    It could be related to what Simca said: they are possibly upgrading the download system for Warlords. And are waiting for that to finish
    Why would they upgrade their download system now? And what benefit would it bring?

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would they upgrade their download system now? And what benefit would it bring?
    New techology and such.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

A lot of key things, and beta is the best time to test it when people are downloading 20 to 30 GB's of stuff

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirthealer View Post
    A lot of key things, and beta is the best time to test it when people are downloading 20 to 30 GB's of stuff
    Well does he have any source to prove that they are doing that?

Why doesn't matter, essentially. What matters is they apparently are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geryas View Post
    What do you mean "allowed", it's a compilation of public info about multistrike from things Celestalon has said before in tweets.
    That's their words in the article, not mine.

But many people have had questions about how the stat is going to work in WOD, and I've been kindly given permission to provide some details.
    If all this info was allready available then that's down on them making this seem bigger then it is. I think they did a commendable job in presenting it tbh, so nitpicking on this seems a bit useless.

so what I'm seeing here is a streamer did something that is TOTALLY not the norm for a streamer to do something for attention, claims to have a wod beta invite. Rygarius posts there's no beta and no invites have been sent, it's quoted and yet people are still "discussing" if its real or not...lol for a thread with massive amounts of wild speculation and looking between the lines for things not there surprised what Rygarius said is being glossed over..

Lemme guess it's code for the beta actually started and half-life 3 is confirmed..

Well does he have any source to prove that they are doing that?
    They wouldn't say that unless they were sure it was going on. They have a reputation to worry about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabi View Post
    so what I'm seeing here is a streamer did something that is TOTALLY not the norm for a streamer to do something for attention, claims to have a wod beta invite. Rygarius posts there's no beta and no invites have been sent, it's quoted and yet people are still "discussing" if its real or not...lol for a thread with massive amounts of wild speculation and looking between the lines for things not there surprised what Rygarius said is being glossed over..

Lemme guess it's code for the beta actually started and half-life 3 is confirmed..
    Yeah, I love the hype train as much as the next guy, but come on. How many times do they have to deny invites have gone out before you guys will stop talking about how they "might" have still actually gone out?

Quote Originally Posted by Sabi View Post

Prob is and nothing on Rygarius, but it is not the first time he has said something and it turned out wrong, what happen that that 33 page blog he was going on about for a week? ow thats right it changed into small blogs and only getting 1 if were lucky a week.

I'm sorry but I can not trust anyone word any more, more so blizzards...

10+ Year Old Account
    As Simca said it's probably server upgrades, but my guess isn't the Download system. Being someone that's worked with AI I specifically recall them saying they have new AI patterns for the games nova in your garrison. Assuming each garrison is built by players with 5 plots and 5 more plots the combination of AI pathing is 3,125 patterns. That's one npc routine. A mesh that size is large and generating unique paths and random intervals is no easy feat for a server hosting 10k different npcs doing one of the 3125 possible actions. My guess is internal AI stressing.

One interesting to note is it appears you get your garrison at the very beginning, they may need that ready for start of beta

Quote Originally Posted by Spirthealer View Post
    Prob is and nothing on Rygarius, but it is not the first time he has said something and it turned out wrong, what happen that that 33 page blog he was going on about for a week? ow thats right it changed into small blogs and only getting 1 if were lucky a week.

I'm sorry but I can not trust anyone word any more, more so blizzards...
    This. Plus the fact that Boub said we'd have a very high chance of a February/March beta. It would align perfectly with this statement.