1. #11501
    As a note, before anyone says otherwise: I've always attempted to say "if Simca is right on the tech thing" I've never claimed it's a certainty.

    My underlying stance has always been: we know nothing until beta releases. Nothing is more likely than anything else. MMO-C people may know more than us.

  2. #11502
    Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    I'm sure that it's "very likely". I'm not sure that I'm "certain" of anything. This is Blizzard, after all.



    That's just a theory of mine. I think there's about a 50% chance it's true. I've actually chatted about it with quite a few people who are smarter than me and they're pretty split on whether or not Blizzard would or should move systems right now as well.
    Do those people also see a March beta?

  3. #11503
    Quote Originally Posted by solgog View Post
    Do those people also see a March beta?
    In case Simca doesn't respond: Boub still thinks March beta is likely as last stated a few days ago. And I'm sure we are fast approaching the limit of what is allowed to be discussed.
    Last edited by Krazzorx; 2014-03-08 at 10:51 PM.

  4. #11504
    Does anyone else think they might try and milk one last week of character customisation/transfers in a week long sale on them before pre orders? The last time we got one was the week before connected realms was announced.

    Quite a few players will be using the boost as a free transfer or to play that race they really wanted to at max level.
    Last edited by yeryerdude; 2014-03-08 at 11:06 PM.

  5. #11505
    Quote Originally Posted by Methusula View Post
    I think it might be variable because you get beta access with pre purchase. They may be far enough along internally to have this be the plan.
    They should do a minimum of Digital Deluxe before you get guaranteed access to the beta. A regular key would bring way too many people in, the servers would either explode, or they'd have to send beta keys in waves, even though everyone paid the same amount. Digital Deluxe is probably 20 dollars/euro's higher priced, so that would cut down on the amount of beta keys they'd have to send out by a great amount.

    Edit: IF they're going that route at all, of course.

  6. #11506
    I am Murloc! Orlong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Class 1,000,000 Clean Room
    Posts
    5,405
    Quote Originally Posted by Seditian View Post
    They should do a minimum of Digital Deluxe before you get guaranteed access to the beta. A regular key would bring way too many people in, the servers would either explode, or they'd have to send beta keys in waves, even though everyone paid the same amount. Digital Deluxe is probably 20 dollars/euro's higher priced, so that would cut down on the amount of beta keys they'd have to send out by a great amount.

    Edit: IF they're going that route at all, of course.
    DO you really think that many people just get the basic version? I assumed like 90% always got the digital deluxe one since its only a few bucks more and you get a mount and pet

  7. #11507
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    DO you really think that many people just get the basic version? I assumed like 90% always got the digital deluxe one since its only a few bucks more and you get a mount and pet
    Most statistics indicate very few people care about non-power vanity that much. Whenever MMO-C was doing the numbers on various activity %'s in WoW, the amount of people who did glory of org raider (only requires flex achieves) was either as small or smaller than the amount who cleared heroic Garrosh.

    Vanity items just aren't a large motivator.

    (Speaking of, they should've done statistics of how many people have mounts like Ashes for instance)

    Now beta access though? I could see people paying 20$ extra for that.
    Last edited by Krazzorx; 2014-03-08 at 11:23 PM.

  8. #11508
    I am Murloc! Shampro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Crucible
    Posts
    5,249
    So we finally have a San Fran fotage even though its just an interview with Furor, something came out from it :P


  9. #11509
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    So we finally have a San Fran fotage even though its just an interview with Furor, something came out from it :P

    Doesn't that show that the garrison picture that was just tweeted is from Tanaan jungle? Same color trees.

    - - - Updated - - -

    First official non-twitter reference to no flying?

  10. #11510
    Dreadlord Msi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    849
    Meh the interview is not that good, they are not showing us what they are asking...
    Our greatest influences will always define us.

  11. #11511
    I am Murloc! Shampro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Crucible
    Posts
    5,249
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post

    First official non-twitter reference to no flying?
    Not really, Bashiok confirmed it months ago on the forums.

    The most anticipated thing that I took from it is the ''10 thousand Iron Horde waiting for you on the other side when you try to stop them''. Can't wait to see that.

  12. #11512
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    DO you really think that many people just get the basic version? I assumed like 90% always got the digital deluxe one since its only a few bucks more and you get a mount and pet
    I've never bought a digital deluxe version, as it's 50% more expensive (45 euro's instead of 30), and I never really cared for any of the mounts/pets so far. If however, I can get a beta key for it as well, sign me up.

    Edit: I think Cataclysm was the first expansion with a digital deluxe version? Or was I so not interested in it that I didn't even notice them before Cataclysm?

  13. #11513
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Not really, Bashiok confirmed it months ago on the forums.
    Forgot that one.

  14. #11514
    The Lightbringer Paula Deen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Albany, Georgia
    Posts
    3,242
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    So we finally have a San Fran fotage even though its just an interview with Furor, something came out from it :P

    This confirmed that in fact we will not be going to the Jungle before the launch and that we will be fighting them on our side before launch. That shitty theory can be put to rest. I also really liked where he also confirmed the theory that they are feeling out for No Flying the entire expansion. Bring it on!
    "Times Change"

  15. #11515
    Quote Originally Posted by Msi View Post
    Meh the interview is not that good, they are not showing us what they are asking...
    Iirc, the SF one was supposed to be the more official like one so, no surprises that its a repeat of Blizzcon.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by MCBGamer View Post
    This confirmed that in fact we will not be going to the Jungle before the launch and that we will be fighting them on our side before launch. That shitty theory can be put to rest. I also really liked where he also confirmed the theory that they are feeling out for No Flying the entire expansion. Bring it on!
    Just as long as people don't discuss it in this thread..... What an unpleasant discussion.

  16. #11516
    Quote Originally Posted by MCBGamer View Post
    This confirmed that in fact we will not be going to the Jungle before the launch and that we will be fighting them on our side before launch. That shitty theory can be put to rest. I also really liked where he also confirmed the theory that they are feeling out for No Flying the entire expansion. Bring it on!
    The shitstorm will be tremendous. But I genuinely hope for a full expansion without flying.

  17. #11517
    Biggest new fact: confirmation of what the pre launch event is. (Ik that's not saying much to most, but is the newest thing)
    Last edited by Krazzorx; 2014-03-08 at 11:54 PM.

  18. #11518
    The Lightbringer Paula Deen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Albany, Georgia
    Posts
    3,242
    Quote Originally Posted by Seditian View Post
    The shitstorm will be tremendous. But I genuinely hope for a full expansion without flying.
    Agreed I am so fucking ready.
    "Times Change"

  19. #11519
    Quote Originally Posted by Seditian View Post
    The shitstorm will be tremendous. But I genuinely hope for a full expansion without flying.
    No flying would be a strong argument for me to come back to WoW, despite my many misgivings with the game.

  20. #11520
    I am Murloc! Shampro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Crucible
    Posts
    5,249
    He also confirmed that the Orgres of Highmaul are working with The Iron Horde. Probably because they have no other choice, which is pretty intresting.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •