Quote Originally Posted by Yrel2014 View Post
    Some people are still here. Just letting the negative asshats get their fill for a while. They will go away and we will get another batch of hype fuel and it will be good to go again.
    We won't get another batch of hype fuel til beta, at which point this thread becomes obsolete, because each individual new discovery from beta will get its own 5threads immediately, followed by the weekly "have you already seen this" thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Apparently the BG Honor changes are live(Lore posted).

I'm not entertaining this "They aren't on your side." nonsense. You're basically trying to say they are out to get me in some (As someone called it) snipely whiplash form.
    I don't believe he is trying to say Blizzard is out to get anyone. True, some of the employees are fun and awesome, but the corporation simply exists to make money. It is not benevolent or evil, it just is.

I love the games they make and I will continue to play them as long as I enjoy them. I bought the preorder (or the hubs did as my late, but requested, Valentines gift) and I am confident the 12/20 date is a placeholder. I am a glass half full kinda gal. I, and I may be the only one, was extremely excited yesterday to get the preorder. I have a shiny new priest, I flew around on a spiffy new mount, and I leveled my new pet to 25.

All this being said, they are a corporation. They are not good or evil. They just are.

Or maybe because there are actual reasons to raising the xpansion price. I can defend them if I want so stop telling me that I don't need to. Just please back off.
    Alright, I didn't mean to agitate you, I know you must feel backed into a corner so I apologize. I really was just curious, since it's so foreign to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffernut View Post
    I don't believe he is trying to say Blizzard is out to get anyone. True, some of the employees are fun and awesome, but the corporation simply exists to make money. It is not benevolent or evil, it just is.

I love the games they make and I will continue to play them as long as I enjoy them. I bought the preorder (or the hubs did as my late, but requested, Valentines gift) and I am confident the 12/20 date is a placeholder. I am a glass half full kinda gal. I, and I may be the only one, was extremely excited yesterday to get the preorder. I have a shiny new priest, I flew around on a spiffy new mount, and I leveled my new pet to 25.

All this being said, they are a corporation. They are not good or evil. They just are.
    I know this. I think they're a much better company then most.

P.S. I didn't start in vanilla and thank fuck for that.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    This thread is on the verge of beeing closed.
    Which is where I say this is why we can't have nice things .
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

10+ Year Old Account

Oh, I agree. They have a level of interaction with their clientele that most corporations would balk at.

Quote Originally Posted by Lodovica View Post
    Did the train crash into Mount Doom or something? The hell happened since yesterday? Blizzard is forced to put up a vague release date to be able to push out the pre-orders and the world collapses? Be glad it is vague and not an actual 'ohey guys, it really is coming out the 20th of December!' because vague means it could come sooner.
    There are three things that happened yesterday basically.

1. They announced the game is coming fall this year, which means another expansion with a year or more of no content updates. This is really their fault. They have been mentioning how they want to make expansions annual, they have been mentioning how they were further along with WOD than with MOP, they've been mentioning they wanted to get it out before summer and so on. And now it all turns out to be a false promise and misleading hype generation. People feel cheated and misled.
    2. The expansion is more expensive with no proper explanation as to why. This is also combined with problem 1 which makes both of them even more insulting.
    3. They released an excerpt on the new novel coming up which is full of retarded shit. Maybe not that directly related to WoD but to the people who are interested in the lore that's another letdown in combination with 1&2.

While the release date is "vague", it's pretty much confirmed that it won't come sooner than september 21st, and they even have the option of not releasing it until 20th of december. Most people to hoped to see it earlier, based on Blizzard's hyping, but it turns out it's no different from the Cata > MOP transition.

That also puts a dent in the hype train, for the simple reason that while before yesterday people were still hoping for a miracle and were excited and hyped about it, the stuff that happened yesterday pretty much ruled out all of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffernut View Post
    Yeah, exactly, that's what I mean. I'm just talking about Blizzard as a company, not individual people - I know for a fact that there are a lot of people within Blizzard who still have that "Blizzard spirit" that's been subdued some over the years, and who are burning to produce top notch content. I just think it's important to remember that Blizzard has bosses too, and those bosses lust after our poor monies.

Probably the reason why you have no insight on what a good Blizzard game is and they r capable of.

Quote Originally Posted by Somnium View Post
    That's SO stupid. Sub losses beyond where we are now can only lead to one thing, budget cuts. Is that what you wish for the game ?
    IF that happens so be it.

You reap what you sow. Wow is a decent game but if in it's failings it also suffers a drastic negative business shift, then so be it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prode View Post
    Probably the reason why you have no insight on what a good Blizzard game is and they r capable of.
    Vanilla wasn't that great if you're going to continue to hound me.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prode View Post
    I played Warcraft when I still had to boot it up through *gasp*DOS and I am still enjoying their games today. Perception is simply perception, adjust your paradigm.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like strategy games like Final Fantasy Tactics. I stay away from those games and I don't criticize them. Kinda hard to be fair to them if I don't like the genre in the first place.

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrIbbe View Post
    500 games takes 30 minutes? Really?
    No but if you can not do the Required 3 Matches in 30 minutes something must be wrong with you.
    Read up on what I said before claiming nonsense about 500 matches being required. (Hint: Go to WoWHead News)

Deleted
    I can defend them if I want, so stop telling me that I don't need to. Just please back off.
    You're absolutely right. Just curious why YOU jump on others nevertheless. Why not "back off"?

Why would you say that if you didn't even play? From today's standpoint it certainly lacks severely in many aspects. But it was a great time nonetheless. So many people, like me, were just NEW to the genre - it made for an exciting time, that's for sure. Expecations were so much lower...
    Last edited by mmocf4afed8c35; 2014-03-11 at 08:01 PM.

Vanilla wasn't that great if you're going to continue to hound me.
    You should know since you never played it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolgrim View Post
    You're absolutely right. Just curious why YOU jump on others nevertheless. Why not "back off"?
    You might have a point if I kept at it and made passive aggressive remarks about them or hint that Blizzard is full of soulless people. They aren't. I can lose myself in debate yes but it doesn't mean I'm being relentless and rude about it. Not yet anyways.

Why would you say that if you didn't even play? From today's standpoint it certainly lacks severely in many aspects. But it was a great time nonetheless. So many people, like me, were just NEW to the genre - it made for an exciting time, that's for sure. Expecations were so much lower...
    I know what the flaws were based on the information that was known after Vanilla was done. It's not like people never talked about it. I don't know what you're trying to say but I actually do know what went on in vanilla despite not being there actively as I am now.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2014-03-11 at 08:03 PM.

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    I don't know what you're trying to say but I actually do know what went on in vanilla despite not being there actively as I am now.
    Let me ask you a question, maybe it becomes clearer.

Someone posts in this thread:

Never played MoP, and thanks fuck for that. But Vanilla, what a great game THAT was! I actually do know what is going on in MoP btw, despite not being there actively as I was once.
    Wouldn't you feel compelled to point out a weakness in his argument?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not the end of MoP yet.

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yrel2014 View Post
    Some people are still here. Just letting the negative asshats get their fill for a while. They will go away and we will get another batch of hype fuel and it will be good to go again.
    May I burrow the term "passive-aggressive" for this post, or is it trademarked?

Get over yourselves. Let's forget about the real assholes for a moment, they are in every thread on this site anyway. We got some not so great news yesterday, no matter how you spin it. Some can take it easy, others need to vent for a bit. This thread will be totally different once beta starts or even with a new blog post.