At the start of MoP beta, the only things that were available were Wandering Isles and the Temple of the Jade Serpent instance. They then released a new zone every few weeks. There is actually a very good reason for gating out the beta content like that that may not even have anything to do whether it's finished. It's basically to force people to spend time actually testing each zone. If they opened up the full continent at once and let people level to 100, most people would just power level as fast as possible directly to the end game. With one zone open at a time, they force people to actually spend time in it and give proper feedback instead of rushing through it.

It's the same reason they did not provide premade level 90s at all for raid testing in the MoP beta. When they had pre-mades in previous expansions, most people would just make a pre-made and ignore testing the quests/leveling content. The flip side is that not providing pre-mades slows down the beta cycle and slows down raid testing, because to get a decent enough pool of people able to raid test, they need to give them time to get a toon to max level. It will be interesting to see if they do that again this time. If they stick with the no pre-mades strategy, you can almost guarantee that beta will be at least 5 months in duration. Another key test on predicting release date will be to see when they start raid testing. For the last 2 expansions as well as the last 2 major content patches, raid testing has started about 3 months prior to release. If they want to have a 4 month beta or something, they need to start raid testing in the first 4-6 weeks of beta. if not, it's a very clear sign that we are looking at 5+ months.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    Since nobody else seems to have posted it here yet..

Afrasiabi (new to twitter!) has taken it upon himself to post a screenshot of Taladar from Warlords of Draenor for funsies. Perhaps we'll see more out of him soon?

https://twitter.com/Abrosiabi/status/433452087674806273

That image is absolutely stunning. For someone who is new to twitter he really is doing it right! Really cannot wait to explore that zone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceethemage View Post
    That image is absolutely stunning. For someone who is new to twitter he really is doing it right! Really cannot wait to explore that zone.
    I think it coul be darker though

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noirlama View Post
    this.

and cheethe . add me on blog

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DerGottLoL View Post
    this.

and cheethe . add me on blog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3MUu3HTK1k

was not so good imo.

but tbhe pic is awesome (video looks darker at the endof the video)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noirlama View Post
    I agree, but still its beautifully done. Would look better darker but still just wow.

PTR Server shutdown. There is no reason to do it, new build has already be deployed, eventually they will preparing 6.0 PTR ?

Quote Originally Posted by Borega View Post
    PTR Server shutdown. There is no reason to do it, new build has already be deployed, eventually they will preparing 6.0 PTR ?
    Ptr isnt down
    - He who moves first always wins -

PTR is down NOW lol

Looks like Kalgan aka Tom Chilton aka senior game director is now on Twitter. Let's go bug him for beta!

https://twitter.com/thekalgan

Deleted
    Yes, PTR down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yrel2014 View Post
    Looks like Kalgan aka Tom Chilton aka senior game director is now on Twitter. Let's go bug him for beta!

https://twitter.com/thekalgan
    But...he joined in 2009 O_o
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Wierd. All the devs just randomly started following him a few minutes ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    But...he joined in 2009 O_o
    Might have joined then but he apparently is a ghost he has no tweets lol.

Maybe he made it and noone was following him and he never used it but now because all the other devs are on Twitter getting our feedback they all decided to follow him, so we can get answers straight from the director himself. No idea...

10+ Year Old Account
    It makes me curious about if something is going down. Especially since everyone just started following him.

Deleted
    i hope next week there will be new infos for beta

We're all a bunch of rabid conspiracy theorists lol but I love it.
    Normal is the name for the mental disorder present in the majority of humanity.
    Xinjun

They probably didn't know he had twitter but they found out and they are trolling him now lol
    - He who moves first always wins -

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scourge12309 View Post
    They probably didn't know he had twitter but they found out and they are trolling him now lol

I doubt that is it but I am highly amused at his mass amount of followers that keeps growing because he has been discovered.

He just added a photo lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xinjun View Post
    Oh I agree lol

Quote Originally Posted by xinjun View Post
    I'm not wearing a tinfoil hat, no sir. >_>