Quote Originally Posted by V3rtige View Post
    The PTR got an update in my WoW account (green arrow).
    I just checked my account and I also have this green arrow for the PTR. I don't recall if it meant anything.
    Obelodalix
    "There will be a mount reward for killing Deathwing."
    http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...c3VvPCVHwc_kWA

Quote Originally Posted by Dhomeli View Post
    Is GDC really a 'press event' though? Isn't it purely for professionals in game development? I'm actually asking, as I don't know much about the event.

I don't think GDC needs to happen before beta starts. It's not really an event for fans as far as I can tell. Even if beta has already started before GDC, Blizzard can still show off new things at the event.

I think it was coincidence that GDC happened before the MoP beta started. GDC that year was the second week of March. The big MoP press event was the third week of March. Beta started the fourth week of March. I think it's a better indicator that there have been some WoD fansite press events in the last few weeks, even if they're a bit smaller than the ones we saw for MoP.

Yeah, I think he is referring to the Battle.net client background image with the Warlords art that was posted on the front page a few weeks back.
    Idk, but what else can you consider a press tour that is coming up? That other guy who I quoted I believe was right on something before so, there's a bit of credibility there.

I know its reading too much into it but, nothing in Boub's post implied it would be in the first half of March.

Read the quote from the other guy I gave you. Idk if he's telling the truth or not but that is not describing an "investor and developers merging"
    Last edited by Krazzorx; 2014-03-03 at 12:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    Idk, but what else can you consider a press tour that is coming up? That other guy who I quoted I believe was right on something before so, there's a bit of credibility there.

I know its reading too much into it but, nothing in Boub's post implied it would be in the first half of March.
    By that same line of thinking: If he originally said February-March, that implies it had a chance of happening in February, and so early March is still possible too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazzak View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/3z5Q1qw.png

Did this always say "Beta Game Installer"?
    No. Downloading. Lol
    Nevermind? It says Public test installer.

2nd edit: I also have Blackthorne on Classic games. It wasn't there last year. (Last saw the page in December)
    Last edited by ToxTheWrecker; 2014-03-03 at 12:33 AM.
    Obelodalix
    "There will be a mount reward for killing Deathwing."
    http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...c3VvPCVHwc_kWA

Quote Originally Posted by ToxTheWrecker View Post
    I just checked my account and I also have this green arrow for the PTR. I don't recall if it meant anything.
    Short Answer: Nothing. Long Answer: Nothing.

This has been gone over a LONG time ago lol, at least a week ago there were 10+ pages of speculation about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazzak View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/3z5Q1qw.png

Did this always say "Beta Game Installer"?
    Same thing as the above, it only means PTR and it has been gone over.

I understand that it's pretty hard to go through all the pages, especially ones further back, though.

The arrows on Battle.net have been appearing and disappearing for people for the last month. The numbers on 'Games' and 'Services' under Warcraft on the Battle.net shop have been going up and down between 2-3 and 7-8, respectively. The PTR Installer has also been called the 'Beta Game Installer' for around a month.

Not trying to kill hype, just explaining that none of this is really new.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhomeli View Post
    By that same line of thinking: If he originally said February-March, that implies it had a chance of happening in February, and so early March is still possible too.
    Ok better way of putting it: the inflection he gave in this new post (which overrides previous statements) was that it would be later in March. They still apparently need to finish up the press events. Now he still thinks there's a good chance of March, but the fact they still need to do press events makes it harder to see it early in the month.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Aw, man, you just fueled this hype train for at least 100 more pages.
    Tchoo tchoo motherfuckers.

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    I can't decide whether I want this ^ or "Boub called me a fanboy" as my new sig
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Conductor has requested Lightspeed through the dimensions!
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xlanonym0uslx View Post
    This has been gone over a LONG time ago lol, at least a week ago there were 10+ pages of speculation about this.
    Sorry just appeared today for me ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    You have too much power here

It's probably stated somewhere in this thread, but please forgive me that I don't want to read through all the 491 pages again. Do the beta patch notes come out when beta releases? Or is there a possibility of Blizzard releasing them with the beta only coming in the next few days following the patch notes?

10+ Year Old Account
    Give it a couple of weeks.

Beta will probably open to correspond with ESO's EA or launch. Knowing Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    Ok better way of putting it: the inflection he gave in this new post (which overrides previous statements) was that it would be later in March. They still apparently need to finish up the press events. Now he still thinks there's a good chance of March, but the fact they still need to do press events makes it harder to see it early in the month.
    Fair enough. I just read
    we're basically in the phase of "crapton of press tour before people can datamine stuff"
    to mean that we are currently in the middle of the press events. (We received information out of the press events a couple weeks ago already, and are starting to get blogs and more detailed tweets about the expansion.

I didn't really read what he said to mean that we still need to have more press tours before beta can start. Especially since GDC is the only thing I've heard of coming up, and again... I didn't know whether or not that counted as a "press tour" since it's an event for the game industry. I can see what Boub said meaning either thing though.

OT: Looking forward to the week ahead. Let's see what tweet we can blow out of proportion this week.

Boub, will you marry me?

(And while we're married, you can totally tell me WoD info, right?)

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I can't decide whether I want this ^ or "Boub called me a fanboy" as my new sig
    http://imgur.com/c7NJRa2?tags

Quote Originally Posted by Kelemar View Post
    It's probably stated somewhere in this thread, but please forgive me that I don't want to read through all the 491 pages again. Do the beta patch notes come out when beta releases? Or is there a possibility of Blizzard releasing them with the beta only coming in the next few days following the patch notes?
    Bashiok made it sound like they already have the notes ready to release with beta whenever it starts. Also, Rygarius responded to people asking for specific information in the blogs they've been releasing by saying that what those people are really looking forward to are the beta patch notes, not these blogs. If that helps answer your question.