View Poll Results: Which spec would you play if all three were balanced?

Voters
545. You may not vote on this poll
  • Affliction

    185 33.94%
  • Demonology

    231 42.39%
  • Destruction

    129 23.67%
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
8
LastLast
  1. #121
    Currently I like demos overall well roundness in not only raiding, but in various PVE activities including questing and five mans. Destro is my next with my only gripe with it is lack of mana management besides limit of fel fire which just feels dumb. I used to be a big fan of Affliction, but that was in Classic and BC then came in haunt and making the aspect of multi dotting ether underwhelming or far more of a burden especially in dungeon environments.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post
    I still miss Drain Life Aff with the old Nightfall proc.
    I personally enjoyed it far more than what Affliction was turned into. DL was a nice change of pace and with it came even better survivability and now I feel like a shitty shadowpriest.

  2. #122
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    There was this poll a while back which came out slightly in favour of Shadow Bolt. You're wrong to make assertions about community favour, it is pretty evenly split I believe.
    thats assuming that every warlock in wow came and voted in that poll tho, if anything it could also be viewed as prooving my point about the shadow bolt ppl being the most vocal, it comes down to interpretation and point of view, and just to be clear, all i said about community favor in that post was that the vocal ppl might be the minority, afaik that has nothing to do with certainty and therefore i cant be wrong, only ppl's perception of what they think i said is wrong.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBeat View Post
    There's no other choice now though either is there? I can't just decide to use Shadowbolt as a filler all of a sudden. I've only played my lock since TBC personally, but I'm sure you having started that little bit before me makes your opinion much more valid... in spite of the fact that the people you claim to be a minority are in fact a slight majority judging by the poll that Jessicka was kind enough to link.

    What I quoted proved that this thread seemed to be split 50/50, which is exactly what I stated it shows, and happens to line up quite nicely with the poll. Tell me what your point is again?
    i never said they were the minority, i said they might be the minority, there is a distinction there, eventho you're oblivious to it(you read what you want to and interpret it the way you want to, i guess) and that poll doesnt really prove anything, coz im fairly sure that there are more than 234 warlocks in wow and polls need atleast 1000 asked ppl to be remotely credible, well atleast in politics, all that poll really show is that a some of the pro shadow bolt ppl voted in that poll but it certainly doesnt show anything concrete or validity
    Last edited by almara2512; 2014-02-25 at 12:29 PM.

  3. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    you read what you want to and interpret it the way you want to, i guess) and that poll doesnt really prove anything, coz im fairly sure that there are more than 234 warlocks in wow and polls need atleast 1000 asked ppl to be remotely credible, well atleast in politics, all that poll really show is that a some of the pro shadow bolt ppl voted in that poll but it certainly doesnt show anything concrete or validity
    At least I am actually reading something and trying to interpret it, you are just willfully ignoring stuff to fit your opinion. I didn't say anything showed concrete evidence, I said it SEEMED about 50/50 based on the evidence that we do have... which is correct. For someone questioning other peoples comprehension you don't seem too good at it yourself.

  4. #124
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBeat View Post
    At least I am actually reading something and trying to interpret it, you are just willfully ignoring stuff to fit your opinion. I didn't say anything showed concrete evidence, I said it SEEMED about 50/50 based on the evidence that we do have... which is correct. For someone questioning other peoples comprehension you don't seem too good at it yourself.
    lol you directly write that the thread proved to be split 50/50, i dont know about you, but that is certainly and something concrete to fit your opinion when it shows nothing of the sort, ill say again, a poll with 234 votes shows absolutely nothing.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBeat View Post

    What I quoted proved that this thread seemed to be split 50/50, which is exactly what I stated it shows, and happens to line up quite nicely with the poll. Tell me what your point is again?
    ill highlight it to make it obvious.

    either way, we're getting a bit off topic.

  5. #125
    Again, note I used the word 'seemed' do you know what 'seemed' means? Anyway, we are indeed getting off topic and just having a circular argument anyway so yea.

  6. #126
    Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    lol you directly write that the thread proved to be split 50/50, i dont know about you, but that is certainly and something concrete to fit your opinion when it shows nothing of the sort, ill say again, a poll with 234 votes shows absolutely nothing.
    Dunno, shows more than a statement like "it might just be a vocal minority". *shrug*

  7. #127
    I don't understand why some people liked Affli SB so much, MG for me feels like it fits much better, it's a filler that has dot interaction and being channelled, feels like a dot itself.

    SB felt odd, that you'd have to dot things up then start shooting something of which felt more mage like (even with various debuffs that the expansions gave it to affect dots).
    PM me for 3ds Code

  8. #128
    High Overlord Pulsar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Bay Area, California
    Posts
    194
    Demonology easily. Imo, it's the true Warlock spec. But Affliction is a close second. Destruction can be fun but it doesn't feel very Warlock-y to me.

  9. #129
    I hated wrath for everything, was the worst mistake blizz ever made, just my opinion. That being said, I would play Demo as my choice. I enjoyed the intricacies and pet twisting and lining everything up in Cata, enjoyed Demo without UVLS in ToT and was going to give it another shot in Siege at some point. Destro was fun (but mind numbing) when it was DS/ruin back in TBC, and during Vanilla I was too much of a noob and only played once every week or so.

  10. #130
    Quote Originally Posted by Straamibuu View Post
    I don't understand why some people liked Affli SB so much, MG for me feels like it fits much better, it's a filler that has dot interaction and being channelled, feels like a dot itself.

    SB felt odd, that you'd have to dot things up then start shooting something of which felt more mage like (even with various debuffs that the expansions gave it to affect dots).
    I don't have any real preference for MG or SB being the filler except that I would like to go back to having maybe 6 dots or so for affliction.

  11. #131
    Mechagnome Nemah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Central US
    Posts
    684
    I mostly liked the revamp to our talents and would rate (and voted) my choices as affliction, then demonology, followed by destruction. I tend to favor the drain-focused affliction style in that if you're using debilitating curses and dots that a slow siphon (or in MG's application a channeled boost) to those makes the most sense.

    I liked the revamp of demo, it was definitely better imo than the previous iteration, but it still needs *something.* I'm not sure what.

    Destruction certainly feels more warlocky than it did before, but it still feels a bit dull after awhile, where the other specs don't really get old for me.

  12. #132
    I'm demo/destro now, but I'd really like to be affliction again. I miss it.

  13. #133
    Pandaren Monk Mnevis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Buckeye State
    Posts
    1,814
    Demo > Aff >>> Destro

    In terms of fun I had with each spec this expansion. Without Demonic Leap, Demo might fall just behind Aff.
    And a great deal of that Demo fun was built on UVLS-fueled imp armies, so maybe it should be discounted.
    Destro had its high points, like Heroic Durumu, and I like it better than previous expansions, but I'm a shadow lock at heart.

  14. #134
    Demo atm, unless they change Afflic as I hate it in MoP. Used to be a die-hard afflic lock.

  15. #135
    Dreadlord mykro9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Athens, Georgia, USA
    Posts
    880
    Can someone explain 'snapshotting' to me? I have a vague idea, but how do you use it in your playstyle to maximize DPS? My warlock is one if my least played classes, and is only lvl 82, but if I had a better idea how to maximize its potential, I might change that, as I like ranged DPS in general.

    For the Hordelliance!

  16. #136
    Warchief crackleslap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    2,065
    Affliction.

  17. #137
    I chose demonology because it feels more involving to me. I have said that in many different posts and I'll say it again; the lock revamp was so good (ofc there are issues but I am talking about the general picture) that it made it by far the best class. Really far. I would like some more spells or spell enhancements that trade life for power, since this is really warlockey. They could make life like a mini resource. Besides this is the reason warlocks were so deformed and not gaysh like mages.
    Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.

  18. #138
    Quote Originally Posted by mykro9 View Post
    Can someone explain 'snapshotting' to me? I have a vague idea, but how do you use it in your playstyle to maximize DPS? My warlock is one if my least played classes, and is only lvl 82, but if I had a better idea how to maximize its potential, I might change that, as I like ranged DPS in general.
    A dot retains the "power" you cast it at for its entire duration, even if the procs that supplied that "power" fade before the dot.

    Example: five seconds before a trinket proc ends, your other trinket also procs for a 10-second duration. You apply an instant dot that lasts 30 seconds. That whole 30 seconds your dot has the "power" of both your trinkets.

    I hope the example also answers the playstyle question. You try to keep as much power in your dots for as long as possible, and above is an example of a real scenario and what you would do in that scenario. If you want to get more in-depth there are guides and lots of discussion all around.
    Last edited by Count Zero; 2014-03-06 at 07:20 AM.
    --
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Toy Train Set has been temporarily disabled.

  19. #139
    More dots I always loved Aff playstyle, even MoP one and would barely change spec out of curiosity.

  20. #140
    Destro - First, love the fluid play style destro has now. Makes it more enjoyable than it ever has been.

    Demo - Second- This would probably be first but I think it does feel clunky with mechanics now and I think they have to fix some of it before I start to like it again.

    Affliction- I hate this spec, I don't like dot swapping, and channeling shit, out of all the classes and specs I've played I seriously think this is the worst thought out one. In my opinion they should gut the spec and start from scratch.
    Grimsock 90 Warlock
    Amaranth Knights
    Proudmoore-US

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •