View Poll Results: Which spec would you play if all three were balanced?

Voters
545. This poll is closed
  • Affliction

185 33.94%
  • Demonology

231 42.39%
  • Destruction

129 23.67%
Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Which spec would you play if all were balanced?

If all the specs were equally powerful, which would you play. Which of them has a playing style you like the most?

Probably Aff until I got bored and then Demo. Always been a fan of both those specs. The concept of dots were always so cool sounding to me. Slowly melting the health away from your target sounds so sinister and awesome. Demo is awesome with the army of Imps and your big honkin' Felguard/Wrathguard. Just a shame I have to play Destro on every fight other than Protectors. This isn't because of pressure from my guild, even on farm I'm encouraged to play what I want, but I just feel like the numbers aren't there and I'm holding back my team. Maybe when I get better gear but right now at 568 there are huge gaps in dmg between my Destro and Aff specs.

Deleted
    First of it amazes me the amount of people liking the Demo spec so much. It was my impression that most felt (like me) that the spec feels clumpsy.

OT: What does balanced mean here? That all three specs does the same amount of overall damage? The same single target and same AOE? Has the same burst etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Nordahl View Post
    First of it amazes me the amount of people liking the Demo spec so much. It was my impression that most felt (like me) that the spec feels clumpsy.

OT: What does balanced mean here? That all three specs does the same amount of overall damage? The same single target and same AOE? Has the same burst etc?
    Balanced here means that you don't feel a need to spec something just because it does the job better in terms of effectiveness.

Votation seems obvious...
    Why was demo killed, really?

i prefer destro as it is. u can bring in sustained aoe. do decent single target dps. and overall its got a very fluid motion to it. demo is too clunky and aff makes me rage making sure im swapping dots here extending there soul swapping drain souling there renewing this refreshing that.

Destro AOE is a lot of fun... but also somewhat boring to me... push a button then spam your main abilities.... (i know its more complex than that but meh) Affliction, on the other hand, is SOOOOO much fun for me. I LOVE the way soulburn/soulswap works, and also just soulswap in general. OH and the idea of having 1 soulburned seed, and 1 regular seed with all your dots on a target, then soulswapping it off just before it explodes, and then onto another target, only to soulswap it right back off before it explodes. The timing it takes to make that work, just gives me the chills when it all works as planned.

I, like every other lock in the world, played Demo with UVLS, and while it was fun, it also often felt like I was unsure what was causing all of the damage I was putting out.... I feel like as long as you got your dots up with UVLS proc, and you hit your imps at the right time, you did good dps regardless of what you were casting.

Deleted
    The same spec that I've played since Vanilla without switching once: Destro.
    Because I don't give a damn about what spec is slightly better
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2014-02-04 at 01:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Destruction, I lobr nloeinh yhinhd up*.

*I love blowing things up.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vian View Post
    Destruction, I lobr nloeinh yhinhd up*.

*I love blowing things up.
    Don't panic, I think you are having a stroke

Deleted
    Define 'balanced'.

Demo can perform perfectly fine on the vast majority of bosses today - I've been playing it since our second or so full clear.

demonology, I like having fun with my money, and demonology is super fun. actually, the only spec i don't like is affliction MOP. fuck malefic grasp

I'd play aff with Gosac as thats why I picked up my warlock going into MoP because I was having so much fun with that and being petless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Whabam View Post
    Define 'balanced'.

Demo can perform perfectly fine on the vast majority of bosses today - I've been playing it since our second or so full clear.
    Balanced would mean you would have felt you could play it on your first.

Wrath-style Affliction. I just started playing again a few months ago and to be honest I don't like what they did to warlocks at all. This resource stuff replacing cooldowns for CB/Haunt is awful, imo. Seriously considering switching mains for WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Struggle View Post
    Wrath-style Affliction. I just started playing again a few months ago and to be honest I don't like what they did to warlocks at all. This resource stuff replacing cooldowns for CB/Haunt is awful, imo. Seriously considering switching mains for WoD.
    Amen to that.

But if I had to pick Demo is the most fun and diverse out of the three.

Demonology. Find it way more entertaining than Destro.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Balanced would mean you would have felt you could play it on your first.
    While I'm not a warlock, I have to say that's just silly. By your logic, as BM and Surv for hunters are less than 10K apart, they wouldn't be "balanced" either, as a proper raider will feel obligated to go with the stronger spec, in order to aid his guild. Same goes for rogues - 3 specs, all performing very well, but one is still slightly ahead. No single class is "balanced", using your definition of balance - something will *ALWAYS* pull ahead. Compared to every other class in the game, though, demo is top of the pack if played correctly, making it a completly viable way to go if you desire to play it. You won't be scraping the bottom of the meters, and most guilds probably won't even notice it.

Affliction. I like how it works now, and ever.
    And I'm assuming balanced means the same dps/ effort on all three, for the sake of this pool and being flexible.

Afflic FTW!!!

I am a chronic respec addict type person. Each spec has some fun factors to it or at least perks worth mentioning. Aff feels the most warlock iconic though I don't really enjoy its present incarnation with snapshotting and RPPM RNG. Demo is just plain fun and might be my goto. (or I might just miss it) Destro has the "big numbers" fun factor but probably feels the least warlocky but its mechanics have never been better....at least in pve.