Poll: how much do you speed

Thread: speed is fun

Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

speed is fun

Do you speed when you drive? Simple question

Generally less than 30 for me. Though when the mood takes me a stomp of the loud peddle or a twist of the wrist will send me way over
    Last edited by TheBeardedOne; 2014-02-04 at 10:28 AM.

Deleted
    Speeding is idiotic, it puts yourself and others at risk.

I got a bit over, but everyone does around here. Cops won't pull you over unless you're going 10 MPH or more over, so no reason not to go 5 over or whatever.

Flamebait... so delicious...
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapheiros View Post
    This. Please can Blizzard get their act together and get the art department to start working on class balance. It's getting ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    It's like when you grunt when you hit the ball in tennis, the exhalation of air gives the shot more power.

Quote Originally Posted by Chyrd View Post
    Speeding is idiotic, it puts yourself and others at risk.
    Keep beliving the government propaganda whilst they take your money for no reason. Speed can be a contributing factor to the severity of a crash bjt rarely the cause
    Why join the navy when you can be a pirate

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBeardedOne View Post
    Keep beliving the government propaganda whilst they take your money for no reason. Speed can be a contributing factor to the severity of a crash bjt rarely the cause
    It's not government propaganda just because you don't like it.

If other people make a mistake, like pulling out in front of you if you're speeding it's going to be hell of a lot harder to avoid the crash than if you had been going within the speed limit.

Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    i go as fast as i want, cops got nothing on me
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

Quote Originally Posted by Chyrd View Post
    It's not government propaganda just because you don't like it.

If other people make a mistake, like pulling out in front of you if you're speeding it's going to be hell of a lot harder to avoid the crash than if you had been going within the speed limit.
    Wow your a blast. You do now how to drive properly right. How to avoid crashes and recognise from the conditions what is a suitable speed.
    I guess the speed limit is in place for the retards in the world that need the government to spell out everything for them..........

Deleted
    Drive the limit. Did 6 flips in an Opel Vectra at 170 km/t. Learnt my lesson.

Got a ticket over the summer for doing 84 in a 65 highway. It was sunny, middle of the day, just got out of traffic, on a two hour drive. Thought it was a 70 area. Officer said "lol you're from New York?" When he saw my license. Immediately got a ticket.

I always go 5-8 miles over the speed limit. I have never been pulled over in my life, and been driving for seven years. I take road trips frequently.

What really irks me is people that go five miles under the speed limit. That's normally 10 miles slower then I would go. Can't get around them on the city streets. One of the most irritating things ever.

Deleted
    simple: never more than 20kph above limit outside of cities, because here in Germany they pull you're license if you are more than 20kph above limit, that's never worth it to me

Deleted
    Wow, I like how government conspiracies have even reached speed limits. Seriously?

I have a ticket quota for myself, max 3 per year, or <300€. Right now, I'm driving the speed limit (or slightly over) since I got 2 in december, and it does kinda sting. After a while, especially once traffic allows it (vacations) I'll probably go back to 20-30 over.
    Mind you, this is mostly on highways. For me, safety goes before speed.

Was i the only one when i saw the title of this thread that he was talking about Amphetamines?

Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    Was i the only one when i saw the title of this thread that he was talking about Amphetamines?
    Thats also fun but the two should never be mixed, though I once had a lecturer that told us getting high and blasting trance music whilst driving on the highway was an amazing experience. He got fired shortly after

10+ Year Old Account
    I generally add around 5 to the limit when in town and 10 when on the highway.

Deleted
    Depends where, what time and whether I'm alone or not.

Hmm usually 1gram / night, but hey sometimes if its a long night i might use 2gram.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybr1d View Post
    Wow, I like how government conspiracies have even reached speed limits. Seriously?

I have a ticket quota for myself, max 3 per year, or <300€. Right now, I'm driving the speed limit (or slightly over) since I got 2 in december, and it does kinda sting. After a while, especially once traffic allows it (vacations) I'll probably go back to 20-30 over.
    Mind you, this is mostly on highways. For me, safety goes before speed.
    If they cared about road safety they would make licenses harder to get, improve training and target distracted driving. Ie: DUI, using phone, unroady worthy heaps etc... instead they target speeding and defect modified vehicles to raise the most amount of money possible.

How naive thinking its about safety.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBeardedOne View Post
    Wow your a blast. You do now how to drive properly right. How to avoid crashes and recognise from the conditions what is a suitable speed.
    I guess the speed limit is in place for the retards in the world that need the government to spell out everything for them..........
    No the speed limit is there so that you have time to stop should little timmy all of sudden cross the road to pick up the ball he kicked.. Imagine going 140-150 km/h, in that scenario you would likely not be able to stop in time and little timmy will be a spot of red paste on the ground.
    Last edited by Donald Hellscream; 2014-02-04 at 10:49 AM.