Poll: how much do you speed

Thread: speed is fun

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by malletin View Post
    No the speed limit is there so that you have time to stop should little timmy all of sudden cross the road to pick up the ball he kicked.. Imagine going 140-150 km/h, in that scenario you would likely not be able to stop in time and little timmy will be a spot of red paste on the ground.
    Are you retarded? Who here is condoning speeding in a suburban street?
    Or is little Jimmy playing ball on a highway or in the middle of fucking no where.
    There is a sensible speed for every situation. Sometimes below the speed sometimes at and sometimes over. A good driver knows this.

A retard blindly follows what the government says and thinks its in their best interests when the majority of the time its an arbitrary number they pick to maximise the chance of taking your money. Fucking puppet

[infracted - please no personal attacks]
    Last edited by Tziva; 2014-02-04 at 04:51 PM.
    Why join the navy when you can be a pirate

Quote Originally Posted by malletin View Post
    No the speed limit is there so that you have time to stop should little timmy all of sudden cross the road to pick up the ball he kicked.. Imagine going 140-150 km/h, in that scenario you would likely not be able to stop in time and little timmy will be a spot of red paste on the ground.
    Little Timmy shouldn't be playing ball on the autobahn
    And if you're going 140-150 in a residential area you will run that ball over before Timmy even gets to the sidewalk.

And i am a firm believer that speed limits are at a spot for less experienced / comfortable drivers. Just look at the safety speed exit signs if you live in the US in a state that has them.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBeardedOne View Post
    If they cared about road safety they would make licenses harder to get, improve training and target distracted driving. Ie: DUI, using phone, unroady worthy heaps etc... instead they target speeding and defect modified vehicles to raise the most amount of money possible.

How naive thinking its about safety.
    No, the problem is generally dumb shits who modify their vehicles with no understanding of engineering meaning their alterations are neither safe nor reliable. Most governments are completely fine with modifications that have been approved through the correct channels. As for speeding, while the posted speed limit may not be the best speed for a particular road at a particular time, it's far safer to have all vehicles travelling at approximately the same speed rather than having self proclaimed experts exceeding the speed limit causing large variations in speed between people travelling along the same stretch of road.

Case in point: you don't know what you're talking about. Your government takes measures to protect the general public as well as yourself from you, yes you. Please shut up.

Deleted
    I... expected something different.

But i loved going 10 over the limit when i was 15, in a little red rover nonetheless.

10+ Year Old Account
    I go the limit, I didn't survive growing up in the ghetto and going overseas for multiple combat tours to kill myself like a retard.

It's usually young guys who think they are invincible or have superhuman reflexes. They learn eventually, for some it's the last lesson they ever get. But hey, keep driving like a moron, hopefully you get lucky your entire life or only end up killing yourself.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Deleted
    A certain actor recently died because he had fun while speeding.

"In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

You got me Dezerte. While watching I was thinking what to tell you about this shitty video of a lady going 65 in a residential area .... Then the end

10+ Year Old Account
    Or is little Jimmy playing ball on a highway or in the middle of fucking no where.
    There is a sensible speed for every situation. Sometimes below the speed sometimes at and sometimes over. A good driver knows this.

A retard blindly follows what the government says and thinks its in their best interests when the majority of the time its an arbitrary number they pick to maximise the chance of taking your money. Fucking puppet
    Yeah, based on your response, I would do some actual thinking before calling others "retarded". Protip: It's entirely possible to convey your opinion without resulting to ad hominem.

On topic: The speed limit is there for a reason. When you decide to break it, you put not just yourself in risk (that would be fine) but everyone else on the road.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    I guaruntee you that you did not wreck bc of speed though.
    Speed was certainly a factor. Especially in the number of flips

The speed limits are calculated, amongst other things, from breaking distance. I would think calling other people retarded is not really the clever thing to do when it is clear you fail at the most basic understanding of why we have speed limits..

To all those who "just go 10 over"

Here we are allowed to drive 50 km/h in cities. Now if someone were to run out in front of your car and you slam the breaks and you stop just in front of the person, had you gone 10 over you would hit that person with 44 km/h

Only if it's very late and I know the road very well. I'll never speed if there are any other cars or people around in eyesight radius. Getting seriously injured in a car accident is one of the stupidest things in my opinion, and I do everything I can to reduce the odds.

Deleted
    Depends on traffic.

Big = speed of traffic to 10 km/h over.
    Normal = speed of traffic to 40 km/h over.
    Near/no traffic = over 100 km/h mostly.

(Outside of town)

10+ Year Old Account
    That poll is totally unbiased.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Deleted
    Wow your a blast. You do now how to drive properly right. How to avoid crashes and recognise from the conditions what is a suitable speed.
    I guess the speed limit is in place for the retards in the world that need the government to spell out everything for them..........
    You're so cool, dude. Why don't you come over here and rub off some of your cool on me.

Deleted
    speed is fun yes, but speeding isn't, only douchebags speed imo, you not only endanger yourself but everyone else..

Deleted
    Ok so lets put some perspective on it.

s = v^2 / (250 * f) This is the formula to calculate how far the viechle in question will travel before comming to a stop.

s = braking distance
    v = your speed in km/h
    f = the coefficient of friction around 0.8 on dry asphalt and 0.1 on ice
    250 is a konstant assuming you are driving with good breaks/ wheels.

so lets say you are going in a 100km/h on dry asphalt (these are the best conditions most people will ever drive in)

100^2 / (250 * 0.8) --> 10000 / 200 = 50m braking distance.

Lets increase our speed with just 10km/h, because thats not that much over the limit, right?

110^2 / (250 * 0.8) --> 12100 / 200 = 60.5m braking distance.

Now lets calculate how long your car will travel before you even realise the little timmy is standing in front of your car and is about to turn into a tiny red puddle.

formula: s = (v * r) / 3.6

s = how far your car will travel before you slam your brakes.
    v = your speed in km/h
    r = reaktion time in seconds lets put this value to 1 second

Lets say you are driving in 100km/h

100 * 1 = 100 100/3.6 = 27.7m
    You will travel around 28m before you slam your breaks.

Lets add both distances together
    50+27.7 = 77.7m
    This means that if you are a person who is fairly allert while you are driving on a dry asphalt you will travel around 80m before your car comes to a stop.

So to all those who speeds. I hope you drive into a tree and kill yourself before you kill anyone else.
    English is not my native language, some words comes directly from google translate, sorry about that.
    Last edited by mmoca9bf05c4ed; 2014-02-04 at 11:44 AM.

Usually sit 10% over the limit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    I think this thread proves that in WotLK, not only has being bad and lazy become acceptable, but a defendable position and point of pride for some people.

15+ Year Old Account
    If they cared about road safety they would make licenses harder to get, improve training and target distracted driving. Ie: DUI, using phone, unroady worthy heaps etc... instead they target speeding and defect modified vehicles to raise the most amount of money possible.

How naive thinking its about safety.
    Any crash at high speed is far more damaging, and police are often left to deal with the mess and the city often foots the bill. Reckless behavior causes higher risk and costs the city more.

How naive of you to think otherwise.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

I ride a motorbike and I speed all the time, its controlled speed though and I don't take stupid risks.

Deleted
    I just had to pick "I I am a douch that goes below" because it's hilarious - and I haven't driven in like 3 years (where I live it's more costly to).

If and when I do drive though - no I don't speed. I've lost enough family members to automobile accidents to respect the road. And yeah, shit like that can happen at 30kph as easily as it can at a 150 but still.