Thread: I'm confused

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

I'm confused

What do vegans feed their pets?

Also what do they think when they see some wild life rip each other apart before eating whatvthey killed?

Also why are they so judgemental about eating animals?

Lastly I saw one with stickers on their car cliaming animals rights, vegan bliss etc... they had leather seats
    Why join the navy when you can be a pirate

Clearly they're a bunch of blithering idiots who never thought of any of that. You should've accosted them and told them what you said here. Bet it would've shattered their miserable outlooks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    In fact, I quite like it and I would consider it an abuse to inflict my child with a foreskin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    You don't appear to understand how it works...they don't stick it on when the baby is born.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBeardedOne View Post

Also what do they think when they see some wild life rip each other apart before eating whatvthey killed?

Lastly I saw one with stickers on their car cliaming animals rights, vegan bliss etc... they had leather seats
    Vegan alternative pet food, yes, it exists; and i'm saddened by it.

We're not obligate carnivores, our pets (generally) are.

You mean pets ripping wildlife?

Who knows, people are different, generalizations and blah blah blah cookies.

I suppose it's a mixture of a sense of superiority and exasperated irritation, since we're omnivores (our teeth especially are designed for greens) we're not obligated anymore to eat meat, and as such cause suffering to sate selfish needs.

Personally though, i eat meat because i can; Give me the chance to kill an animal in the nature instead of buying it from a local butcher, and i'd do it to sate whatever argument a person has.

Could of been fake leather, it's pretty common.

Deleted
    not all vegans are judgemental about eating the flesh of animals, there are good economic reasons to not eat flesh (it takes a lot more to grain to feed an animal than the flesh it yields) we could feed humans with that grain instead (like the starving kids in Africa)

vegans generally feed their pets flesh I think, those that think that it's morally wrong only think it's wrong for humans to eat the flesh of animals

if some wild animal kills another wild animal they think it's natural probably

It's not like vegans dictate what anybody else eats, most likely including their pets. I imagine it's a personal thing for most people.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    not all vegans are judgemental about eating the flesh of animals, there are good economic reasons to not eat flesh (it takes a lot more to grain to feed an animal than the flesh it yields) we could feed humans with that grain instead (like the starving kids in Africa)
    You realize we already make plenty of food for everyone in the world, and my country, at least, actually pays farmers to let land lie fallow so that it doesn't absolutely destroy the price of grains.

The problem is logistics and local governments much more than the amount of food available.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

Deleted

vegans generally feed their pets flesh I think, those that think that it's morally wrong only think it's wrong for humans to eat the flesh of animals

Can you not just call it meat? I don't like the word "Flesh".

Also a question is, how can a vegan have pet/pets.

If they are against animal abuse/kill/all that BS, having a pet is pretty much preventing that animal from living a normal life out in the wild and in a way caging him for life. So double standards or what?

So you could free the world starvation by feeding them straw? Hmm, plenty of grass in Africa and yet there is starving kids, how come. My point, sure animals eat grains, but not as only food, they also eat grass/straw and other things that humans dont eat, so its not only grains that gives them mass.
    Last edited by Itakas; 2014-02-04 at 11:46 AM.

Deleted

Just because I may not eat meat doesn't mean I think it's wrong or bad or w/e.

There are many reasons why people don't eat meat. Throwing them all into a single bag is ridiculous.

Deleted
    To be honest with it's also perfectly natural for humans to kill and eat animals, we've kind of been doing it for millions of years, presumably that's why we still do to this very day.

I feel vegans and vegetarians live in some fantasy world where we aren't part of the natural food chain and just started fucking with the system out of nowhere. I'm all for animal rights and humane farms, but I also really like meat. I'm assuming that many people agree that cooked meat smells and tastes wonderful.
    Fair enough to those that don't eat animals or there produce, however I do think it somewhat hilarious that any of them (even if it is like eight of them) would consider it unnatural, call me a beast for giving in to my urge to eat meat but that's what we are at the end of the day.

Funny thing, Madagascar sort of showed this idea with the lion character, except they ended up with the lion eating fish, which apparently can't talk in a talking animals film... but that's off topic. The point is it's natural to want to and to eat meat. As long as no ones calling me a monster for eating steak I don't care.

Deleted
    Only the idiot vegans try to press their worldviews on other (and maybe even their carnivore pets). The true ones just care about what they eat themselves.

Deleted
    I think this is relevant to this topic. Vegan lion from Futurama:

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes! The vegan lion from Futurama! +10

I find it a bit ironic actually.. A lot of vegans try and use the "harm to animals!" card when they try and push their points of not eating meat.
    They will do that and, at the same time, try and "teach" a purely carnivores animal to eat vegetables & fruits. (as if that's not harming animals)

I mean if you don't want to eat meat.. That's fine, go off and be sickly somewhere else.. Don't stand outside of my meat-market and try and "shame" everyone who goes in.
    Don't eat meat.. That's your choice. The rest of us, who have no shame in admitting we ARE omnivores. Whether you like that or not. Both food types (meat & plant), have had two very big hands in our evolution as a species. And to deny even the simplest things about being human, only shows that you are not meant to be anything more than one of the sheep. One of "those" people who don't know what it is to be human.

OT It's just like the whole gay-rights thing.. You want to be a dude, and then bang dudes? That's fine, whatever floats your boat. I only find a problem with it and pull out the big guns (logic) when you start parading that shit up & down my streets.. I don't need to know you like the D.. I don't care.. Just as well as I don't need to know that you refuse to eat meat. I DON'T CARE! Keep it to yourself and you'll spare yourself from my cruel way of looking at things.

With that said... A lil pink taco, never hurt anyone. Pun definitely intended.
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

I'm far from an expert on this, but I thought vegans was about what they eat. Meaning it's okay to have a pet, as long as they don't eat it, or drink from their milk (or whatever). I don't think a proper vegan has any problems with sharks eating fish, seeing as humans have a bigger plate, veganism (if that's a word) is about what they put in their own mouths. Naturally there are idiots everywhere, no matter what group they identify themselves with, who will try to push their views upon others, including pets.

Quote Originally Posted by senkyen View Post
    I think this is relevant to this topic. Vegan lion from Futurama:
    That lion was the first thing I thought of when the OP asked what vegans feed their pets.

I can confirm you are in fact confused.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well the thing is that if you dont replace meat with some other proteins and iron it can get realy nasty.
    The problem:
    Bad body repair (if you are vegan and you have a accident you will have a much harder recovory).
    Worse breathing (no high mountains for you).

And much much more. (oh and you have to eat a fish)
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post

OT It's just like the whole gay-rights thing.. You want to be a dude, and then bang dudes? That's fine, whatever floats your boat. I only find a problem with it and pull out the big guns (logic) when you start parading that shit up & down my streets..
    We parade straight shit up and down their streets every day and nobody complains. Look at billboards some time and think about it. Is a gay pride parade really hurting you? Nope. Get over it, stop being a bigot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    Well the thing is that if you dont replace meat with some other proteins and iron it can get realy nasty.
    The problem:
    Bad body repair (if you are vegan and you have a accident you will have a much harder recovory).
    Worse breathing (no high mountains for you).

And much much more. (oh and you have to eat a fish)
    The fact is you can replace those with non meat sources. My dad had to eat pretty much only rice and beans for health reasons (he's not a vegan he's a fisherman and pretty conservative) and it was fine.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    We parade straight shit up and down their streets every day and nobody complains. Look at billboards some time and think about it. Is a gay pride parade really hurting you? Nope. Get over it, stop being a bigot.

- - - Updated - - -
    LOLOL! Nice try there kiddo.. You can't call everyone a bigot just because you don't agree with what they have to say. Grow up, get over your gay partner, and stop trying to shove yours & anyone else views on to others.

Gays don't have streets, and we don't have "Hetro-Pride Parades" Again, nice try there with your projecting, but it won't work.

"We parade straight shit up and down their streets every day and nobody complains" Hahahah! Where the Hell, on planet Earth do you live?

If a plant grows green, and then one pops up orange because of a genetic mutation.. You can't say that the green plant is "Waving his greenness around", just because it's green. That's the fuckin way plants are.. They are green.

Do you get the point I'm putting across here?

If everyone in the world is hetro-sexual, and then suddenly, a gay man appears.. He can't sit there and scream that everyone is waving their hetro ways in his face. "Not-gay" was here first.

Get over your self-loathing.

(And I certainly don't know of any bigots who are willing to say; "Well if that's what floats your boat.") With your self-loathing, projecting, fight antagonizing ass.
    Last edited by Violent; 2014-02-04 at 01:45 PM.
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

Quote Originally Posted by Itakas View Post
    Also a question is, how can a vegan have pet/pets.

If they are against animal abuse/kill/all that BS, having a pet is pretty much preventing that animal from living a normal life out in the wild and in a way caging him for life. So double standards or what?
    Most pets have either been bred to live in a domestic environment (dogs) or adaptable enough to modify their lifestyles to live with humans (cats).

So you could free the world starvation by feeding them straw? Hmm, plenty of grass in Africa and yet there is starving kids, how come. My point, sure animals eat grains, but not as only food, they also eat grass/straw and other things that humans dont eat, so its not only grains that gives them mass.
    People don't eat grass and straw, they generally have the grains (the seeds from the grasses) but only certain varieties are really suitable for humans, plus the wild grasses are often in locations where they can not be harvested and stored easily.

When people say plants are a more efficient source than animals they assume that a certain area has been set aside for agriculture. Growing grains for humans will provide more sustenance than using the same area to rear animals for food.

That said, vegetarianism and veganism isn't necessarily the best option. Animals can be raised in areas that aren't suitable for growing crops (goats in particular are good for this) and keeping a small number of animals to provide meat (and other products) as a supplement can be very beneficial.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmonious View Post
    Can you not just call it meat? I don't like the word "Flesh".
    I hunger.... for FLEEEEESHSHSHSHHSHHSHHHH
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation