Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Fury was a good spec, but now its just so clunky and weird feeling, arms has a more natural feel. Fury = omg CS is up, time to put all my dps into it then wait for the next one. No thanks.

The Lightbringer thunderdragon2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Buxton McGraff View Post
    I've been saying that for the entire game.

"Once again PVE changes gimp PVP"

All of those buffs to hunter damage this patch made them extremely dominant in PVP.

You PVErs aren't special snowflakes, the game does not revolve around you.

PVP has been miserable for this entire expansion so that mindless button mashers can have perfect DPS balance to stroke their epeens to.

SOO has been out for long enough for people to have had their time with it.

Now it's our time. The last season of the expansion, and I expect it to be decent.
    rofl really maybe u wintrading arena fixers should relinquish when pvers get there content then we'll talk

and be4 any1 says anythign pvers dont get any new raids/xpacs till the curent season is done.

im so sick of people like this i dont care if i get infracted anymore.

as for the hunter buffs they are blizzards fault entirly noting to do with pve since they failed at scaling hunters properly they failed for many years on that part.

and no its a pve based game

and while im here blizz cant do pvp cc corestly wich for an entire xpac has been useless in pve
    Last edited by thunderdragon2; 2014-02-19 at 02:17 PM.

I'm just shocked people still PvP on this game. There's free games (ex. LoL) that have 50x better PvP in it. Instead of paying $15 bucks a month to play shit, unbalanced, and OLD AS FUCK PvP. Once again, another change where they nerf Pve for non-existant pvp. WoW isn't even an e-sport. Barely has any viewership... I just don't understand. Tried DS in my raid last night and I'm SUPER disappointed with it.

Changes made to PvP minigame affecting PvE, nothing new here.
    [email protected] | 8gb RAM | Geforce GTX 660 OC | 120gb SSD
    Druid (Main)World first 9000/9000HC 10minutes/week

you guys could like, I don't know, maybe try playing pve AND pvp and realizing that warriors were retarded to play against in any organized pvp, and realize that there aren't any easy fixes and that this was the lesser of two evils. disrupting shout has been required for exactly 1 (one) encounter since it was released and it's a pretty minor nerf.

you can just use storm bolt on the add instead of pummel if you're having trouble with garrosh intermission.

If you want to talk to me about wow theorycrafting or anything really: Eranthe#1639

Quote Originally Posted by Eranthe View Post
    you guys could like, I don't know, maybe try playing pve AND pvp and realizing that warriors were retarded to play against in any organized pvp, and realize that there aren't any easy fixes and that this was the lesser of two evils. disrupting shout has been required for exactly 1 (one) encounter since it was released and it's a pretty minor nerf.

you can just use storm bolt on the add instead of pummel if you're having trouble with garrosh intermission.
    The idea is having the ability to get 3 for the slower groups, and be honest you are never going to have people happy about a change to something for purposes that did not involve them to begin with; no matter how minor it may seem.

I really, really felt this change on Protector's where I'm part of the interupt rotation.

"I have first and second guys"
    *guildie goes splat*
    "Sorry forgot we got nerfed."

Quote Originally Posted by Deztru View Post
    Speaking on behalf on all classes, I'm really getting fed up with PvP nerfs affecting PvE
    Agreed, though also its bad that PvP gets effected by PvE as well. There needs to be more seperation of PvP and PvE mechanics.

Heck, I'd be fine with PvP balance being the 'norm' with PvE balances only coming into effect when you enter a dungeon, scenario or raid. Things like tank cooldowns being less powerful out in the world, legendaries proc less, dispells being more expensive, heals being less effective, stuff like that, whatever balances the game.

But right now this awkward middle ground with only a few seperated PvP and PvE mechanics is pretty awful for everyone.

Also, I'm still bemused that Dragon Slayer is an insult. Because it sounds like a compliment to me.

I feel like this thread just keeps going in circles discussion wise. I'm still lurking it, but I think its time for me to stop.

Also, I'm still bemused that Dragon Slayer is an insult. Because it sounds like a compliment to me.
    It's not an insult but its more of a term used by "outsiders" (non raiders) to make mockery out of what pve content is while mocking the raider for enjoying the content. Most pvp players do not play games for lore so something like "dragons" sounds queer to them and they enjoy placing labels on people that enjoy content with dragons in them.

It's dumb considering most of us are queers for playing video games, but among queers their always has to be the "cooler" ones that feel the need to assert their authority at whatever chance they can get.

Quote Originally Posted by Distinkt View Post
    I really, really felt this change on Protector's where I'm part of the interupt rotation.

"I have first and second guys"
    *guildie goes splat*
    "Sorry forgot we got nerfed."
    ^ This
    It was a heart felt loss :/ Now, my entire Tier 3 talents are 'meh' other than Piercing Howl for Garrosh add kiting.
    * Tanking is a Skill, Healing is an Art, DPS is Science *
    Tiggles
    - Tigslee - Tiggly

Celestalon tweeted that they were actually aiming for prot warriors with the nerf. https://twitter.com/Celestalon/statu...22693114105856

Quote Originally Posted by Celestalon
    @Tengenstein You're assuming we weren't aiming for Prot. We were.

Quote Originally Posted by promdate View Post
    Celestalon tweeted that they were actually aiming for prot warriors with the nerf. https://twitter.com/Celestalon/statu...22693114105856
    Which still makes zero sense, as it effects all 3 specs and both sides of the PVE/PVP coin.

But we all know that being a prot warrior gives us more responsibility to interrupt versus being DPS.
    "Don't be a dick, be a dude." - Murderface
    my baby
    [ twitter | twitch ]

Quote Originally Posted by rystrave View Post
    But we all know that being a prot warrior gives us more responsibility to interrupt versus being DPS.
    Let us not be sarcastic... Anyhow, that whole tier will get a redesign because right now all three skills are a non factor, something a talent should not feel like. At this point, it's better to go "whateverblizz" until 6.0.

And Celestalon shouldn't have replied to that tweet. Trying to say that prot needed that nerf, so there was no need to separate it, it's trying to defend the undefendable. Minor nerf those not equal justified nerf.

High Overlord
    Being a tank inherently puts responsibility on our shoulders, the addition of being in an interrupt rotation comes part and parcel with being one of the most important people to gear up for progression. I kinda see it as a good thing.. though some might disagree.

I definitely felt the effects of the interrupt changes on Galakras and Garrosh. We actually didn't get Garrosh 3xp3 Wipes. While my interrupts alone cannot be the sole reason, I admit I'd rather have lost the charge stun.
    Cyclonüs
    Gladiator's Resolve Blog
    Quote Originally Posted by Requiel View Post
    cyclonus has ruined everything

Quote Originally Posted by Lithix View Post
    ^ This
    It was a heart felt loss :/ Now, my entire Tier 3 talents are 'meh' other than Piercing Howl for Garrosh add kiting.
    I still use DS on Garrosh because of the empowered MCs. Aoe interrupt is still very helpful there since you won't be pummeling at all there.
    Jakesterwars - Jakesterwars#1531
    Tyranny 14/14H - US Shattered Hand

Quote Originally Posted by idefiler6 View Post
    Which still makes zero sense, as it effects all 3 specs and both sides of the PVE/PVP coin.
    Yes, that is true. But in PvP, the other tank classes have an additional silence or stun that can be used to interrupt spellcasting. Ring of Peace/Strangulate are both silences, which generally don't work against raid bosses, adds are a different story. Bear Hug and Hammer of Justice are also stuns that don't work agaisnt raid bosses, but work against adds.

This leaves Warriors as the only tank class to have two separate INTERRUPT abilities that can be used back to back against boss mobs. So while it does cause problems for both PvE and PvP, it was directed towards prot and nerf the fact that we have 2 INTERRUPT abilities, not an interrupt+stun/silence like other classes.

You PVErs aren't special snowflakes, the game does not revolve around you.
    Yes, actually, it does. The vast majority of the content in the game is PvE, the vast majority of the players participate in more PvE than in PvP, so yeah, the game does kind of revolve around PvE; sorry to burst your bubble. PvP has always and will always take a back seat to PvE (even if the designers are too absent-minded to realize some of the ways in which their PvP changes affect PvE). WoW is a PvE game with some PvP. Like how it's a PvE game with some Pet Battles.

PVP has been miserable for this entire expansion so that mindless button mashers can have perfect DPS balance to stroke their epeens to.
    Awww, your little side-show mini game isn't fun any more? Might I suggest Pet Battles? Same thing but different. Or maybe you could go to Red Ridge/Barrens and gank some lowbies to stroke your epeen to.
    "It is a demonstration of incomprehensible hubris to quote one's self, especially in one's own forum signature."
    ¬PetersenIII

Quote Originally Posted by Espada View Post
    Let us not be sarcastic...
    I actually wasn't being sarcastic because it's true. I'm not the only one who thinks this:

Quote Originally Posted by kaerthon View Post
    Being a tank inherently puts responsibility on our shoulders.
    "Don't be a dick, be a dude." - Murderface
    my baby
    [ twitter | twitch ]

Quote Originally Posted by rystrave View Post
    I actually wasn't being sarcastic because it's true. I'm not the only one who thinks this:
    Well, let's leave it at debatable. There is no gcd and no rage cost to interrupt, and rude interruption boost damage done, so everyone should be doing it. There is no reason to say tanks have a higher responsability to do it. Whoever is on the target that must be interrupted must do it. Sometimes one of the tanks is not at range (moving marvi away from sul, tower on galakras, blabla), or is assigned to interrupt a different boss (protectors). Sometimes is the melee dps who is not in range of the mob to interrupt. Ranged can help, but they don't have the CD to do a rotation.

All in all, the only extra responsability being a tank puts on you is pulling rythm and mobs positioning. Doing dps is part of the tank's job, and preventing damage is part of the dps's job.

And if you are going to quote traditional reasons, shield bash could be missed and tanks didn't cap hit, so they weren't reliable at interrupting. If anything, the responsability was placed on the DPS and it have ended being up shared by the tanks.
    Last edited by Espada; 2014-02-20 at 10:29 PM.