Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazdum View Post
    haha its fun when dragon slayers cry about how a little change will affect them when the entire pvp scene has been destroyed because of pve.
    While I'm not particularly fond of your attitude, I share your sentiment. PvP balance has been almost wholly sacrificed so that everyone can get their favourite spec into PvE, and never be more than 3% apart in performance. And while PvE performance may well be the most balanced it's ever been, PvP balance is arguably at an all-time low.

I believe there's correlation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tangra View Post
    The shared cooldown should only be triggered if a player is interrupted, hopefully they make this change before it goes live. But I doubt this change will go through and I think it will be canceled like the stun change. With this change you are asking people to give up a talent point for something that basically replaces pummel once every 40 sec. If you use disruptive shout you completely lose an entire pummel due to the 15 sec shared cd. So basically you're spending a talent point for an aoe interrupt with a slightly longer range, which is very weak for a telent.
    It wouldn't make any sense. It would still reward bads for not knowing how to interrupt and casters would still need to juke 2 times in a row.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    It wouldn't make any sense. It would still reward bads for not knowing how to interrupt and casters would still need to juke 2 times in a row.
    how would they? if the interrupt hits a PLAYER the full double lock 15s cooldown starts. how did you not understand what he suggested?

Quote Originally Posted by Zellviren View Post
    PvP balance is arguably at an all-time low.
    Having actually played during the entire period of wow you're calling "all-time" I'd disagree.

It's been worse, a lot more worse, before this. PvP balance is relatively better now than it used to be. The only major current issue that I see with pvp being affected by pve is that of item-levels and passive resil, and having to implement item downscaling and battle fatigue to try and balance it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they are allowed to donate, but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

There are plenty of tiers of talents that are worthless in PVE.

Rofl at warriors crying when they're brought back in line with other classes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mavick View Post
    Rofl at warriors crying when they're brought back in line with other classes.
    u think this will do anything about their dmg output or time on target? it will likely not have much of an affect in pvp whilst hurting pve players

Quote Originally Posted by Tsubodia View Post
    u think this will do anything about their dmg output or time on target? it will likely not have much of an affect in pvp whilst hurting pve players
    I didn't say a damn thing about their damage. I was referring to how many interrupts they have vs other classes. And it will only hurt pve players who aren't good enough to do what other classes already have to do with one hard interrupt on a 15 second cd.

Deleted
    I didn't say a damn thing about their damage. I was referring to how many interrupts they have vs other classes. And it will only hurt pve players who aren't good enough to do what other classes already have to do with one hard interrupt on a 15 second cd.
    except tanks who now have one less interrupt than other tank classes. and other classes have a lot of other tools in space of the other interrupt to use

Sucks for groups killing Heroic Garrosh.

You mean now they can't carry on 10mans, if your other group member can't handle their interrupt rotation for example? This is more of a PvE tank nerf if nothing else tbh, which is quite sad... but since something has to be done on PvP side and since the lack of scaling on 550+ ilvl already is a nerf on next season, they can't nerf damage either.

Or does the arena ilvl still downscale to something like 496? I forgot to think about that. Yes i don't really PvP on this game... got way better options to do at that side of fun.
    Last edited by Kankipappa; 2014-02-04 at 04:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warriors are not alone when it comes to being able to interrupt twice in PVE encounters. The argument that no one should need two back-to-back interrupt spells and so warriors should get used to it like "every other class" is a bit moot. In fact, every tank class other than druids (and I don't know druids that well, so I could have overlooked something) currently has two interrupt spells.

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=47476#.
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=47528

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=31935
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=96231

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=116705
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=116844

I assume these other spells will soon be nerfed to match, since having two interrupt spells is too powerful for PVE?

Deleted
    how would they? if the interrupt hits a PLAYER the full double lock 15s cooldown starts. how did you not understand what he suggested?
    He said if a player is interrupted, you should read it again. Warriors would still have 2 chances at interrupting someone (if they're fucking terrible and are smashing interrupts randomly).
    Last edited by mmoc9303c11829; 2014-02-04 at 04:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Separating of PvE and PvP is a change that every PvP player I know would welcome, but Blizzard said plenty of times that they won't do it, because it would be too confusing to "casuals".
    So they make a needed change like this (for PvP) and you have tryhards here saying how our stupid "minigame" broke their precious PvE.
    Blizz just rather piss off everyone by not making problem abilities work differently in PvE versus PvP. Despite the fact that they've already done it with stuff like Colossus Smash (and continue extending it with other abilities).
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hate PVP. I wouldn't shed a tear if it was removed from the game. That being said, this won't affect raiding at all. Everyone has an interrupt and warriors still have plenty of utility to bring to the raid.

Sucks for Warriors (I have one) and from what I can tell from reading the forums Blizzard decided to go a different direction from what balance was needed for Warriors(PVP). Not exactly a shocker as they've been doing this for years.

I've been saying since Wrath they need to be more dynamic with ability mechanics. Make ability X do one thing in arenas and BG zones, and do something else in world/raid zones. Separate it entirely. THAT, OR, give all classes one extra PvP spec. All abilities while in that specialization will be balanced around PVP only, and the other specs will be balanced around PVE. Blizzard has no problems making up excuses as to why they won't do either, it's really pathetic.

except tanks who now have one less interrupt than other tank classes. and other classes have a lot of other tools in space of the other interrupt to use
    I hadn't considered tank specs actually. I hardly see it mattering tho as dps should be well able on their own to handle interrupts if we're talking about Garrosh. Again, it all adds up to people crying. You still have Charge stun (among other tools) for pre-empowered MC's. If a raid of at least 10 people can't handle interrupts on mc's it's sure as hell not because warriors can't chain two interrupts anymore. It's because people are busy crying about this change rather then adapting and overcoming.

Deleted
    I guess critical and objective thinking is a foreign concept to most WoW players. The most minor nerf to an arguably already overpowered aspect can be hyperbolised to a massive degree without appropriate justification or critique. At the least, they could make this new change PvP only as they have done to gag order in the past.

I believe there's correlation.
    I'm sure you've heard this before but CORRELATION DOES NOT EQUAL CAUSATION. Not to mention that if you were to evaluate the current state of PvP, there are more specs arena viable than ever before. State and overall design philosophy of PvP might have been superior given certain restrictions such as 3.3.3 but balance is overall better than most periods in WoW. For example I played Ele shaman since Wrath and they were unplayable during 4.1 and 5.1 in both PvE and PvP, they are significantly better now and this goes for many specs.

The start of MoP I would somewhat agree with your statement as PvP was atrocious then, it's greatly improved now but will never be perfect. Finally, PvE is the focus point of this game and is what most people play evidenced by the recent statistics released by Blizzard. Compromising PvP does not mean PvE will be better and vice versa.
    Last edited by mmocd786cabdc9; 2014-02-04 at 05:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So what? Why should warriors benefit from so many interrupts against NPCs etc. anyway? If anything, aside from strategic interrupts during boss fights (which again, shouldn't be easy in more challenging raid modes), I think you might as well immune most trash casters from interrupts for the simple reason that they don't do things like moving or fakecasting.

As for the PVP element? Awesome. I hope they bring CC etc. back to reasonable levels.
    Last edited by Zathrendar; 2014-02-04 at 05:55 PM.
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaladhrun View Post
    So what? Why should warriors benefit from so many interrupts against NPCs etc. anyway?
    Because the other tanks do. Keep up.