Thread: Help to garrosh

Deleted

Help to garrosh

Hey there Paladin guys

I have to try to kill Garrosh normal 10man with my paladin, but I saw on siegecrafter that I took alot of dmg. Anyone that have some usefull advices og what I maby could do to reduce the dmg on my paladin take(p3). My offtank will solotank the first 2 parts but I guess that we will have to tankswap in p3.

Any advice would be nice ;D

armory : http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ligon/advanced

I guess your itemlevel is the main reason. Lower ilvls = lower stamina... we had the same problem when we got a new tank for our hc tries, which forced us to farm some more normals...

Deleted
    Yea but more gear is not an option before next weeks clear. Seems like paladin tanks takes alot more dmg with low haste (warrior is my main). Just wanted to hear if there was some nasty tricks!

You can solo tank p3 to - if he can manage the first 2 fine theres no need for a second tank, just burn the boss down. Only prob could be the tank loosing his stacks and blowing shit up but stack some cds if that happens.

Deleted
    There is no reason to gem for socket boni. Straight haste usually is best.

W/o Logs there is not much else we can say though.

15+ Year Old Account
    502 shield
    no meta
    no cloak
    incredible bad 2nd trinket (GID would be better than this)

534 itemlevel overall.
    not even 700k hp unbuffed.

I'm not surprised you get your face smashed from garrosh.

and no, it's not because of being a paladin. it's because you're incredible undergeared for garrosh for a tank. A raid can carry a DPS (and with the help of good DPS even a healer), but you cannot carry a tank at garrosh. except you are doing it with three tanks and the third tank dies instantly, and then the raid kills it with 9/24 people.

edit: so it seems "moar gear" is not an option until next lockout, it looks like you're screwed. simple as that.
    Last edited by xebtria; 2014-02-05 at 11:20 AM.

Deleted
    Guess I found the guy that decides the ilevel you need to pug grps. Will fix a log when we are going for our next clear.

How can you getting more gear be out of the question? You have upgrades to gain from normal/heroic ToT as well as LFR/Flex SoO?

If this is normal no reason you cant solo tank P3 unless other tank is maybe kiting adds or something. We have been solo tanking most of the fight (all of P3) for a very long time (Since October of last year). The explosions arent a problem in normal you should get no more than 2 whirls no CD's for first maybe a devo for second and your fine can even just heal through second tbh

The thing about paladins is that stat (haste) increases are a huge and direct increase to survavibility. Basically you just have to time your SotR better I suppose, anticipate big damage and use something to combat it. This isn't really about SotR uptime, cause its gonna be so low as it is without haste, its more about just making the most out of it and making sure its up @ important times.

- - - Updated - - -

Then again, 31-32% isn't THAT bad, it could be worse - but still - just gotta make your SotR's count.