Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    If they have Mod or super mod or some other multicoloured text...they scare me :S

15+ Year Old Account
    I like to look at both just for fun, although neither really matter to me. There a lots of people I used to see that I don't see anymore, and lots of people that I see now that I don't recognize. As most others have said, it's more about the post content. I've been around for a while now, but mostly read and don't post that often.
    "We all make choices, but in the end our choices make us." - Andrew Ryan

I feel people with high post count spend too much time on the website. How high is a problem? mine is a problem, should be at most a 3'rd of mine

Quote Originally Posted by vrsick View Post
    Obviously they show you have been around a long time but do they make you take the take a post more seriously or more inclined to respect their opinion more as opposed to someone who joined in the current month or only has a few posts.
    Neither. They are both entirely arbitrary metrics that show absolutely no indication of the value of a post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

I don't pay attention to either of those things. Trolls can post 50,000 times, at the end of the day they are still a troll (and assuming they have that many posts they could have joined 3 years ago for all I care...doesn't make them any better). On the flip side a person can join today, have one post, and so long as it's quality (as in not disrespectful to others, is there to just state how they feel on a matter and maybe discuss it with others, etc.) then they would be a far better person to have on an online community vs. the troll who's been getting on peoples nerves for years.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jevlin View Post
    I have a system that fits my needs. Post count and join date only matters to me if I hate you for some reason.

Tryhard= 0-5k posts
    Faggot= 5-10k posts
    Whiteknight= 10-15k posts
    Neckbeard= 15k+ posts

Timeframe; Frequency of posts since you joined is also important in my judgement. The higher the ratio the harsher I'll judge you.
    If I like you then you're an amazing person regardless of post and join date. :>
    haha i like that but i think a lot of people just don't post here as much , with all the flaming and negativity. I find myself not caring enough anymore to replay to a lot of threads and posts.
    Druid since Feb. 06

10+ Year Old Account
    People actually put value in things like post count and date joined? Based on what?
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Definitely not post count. There are users in the other off-topic forums that dump 100s of posts into fun threads like users vs. mods or whatever.
    And join date has no bearing on anything really. If it has to be something other than post content that lends credibility, its going to be username.

10+ Year Old Account
    On this forum? Neither.

A high post count or early join date means almost nothing in terms of knowledge. Some of the goofiest opinions/worst arguments can come from the people with 5k+ posts.
    A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.-George Bernard Shaw

I only look at post count if I think a post might be trollish. Aside from that, it's irrelevant.

Deleted
    Outside of moderating I don't think I've ever looked at post count or join date before replying to someone.

Like most others have said, neither really. The only time I did judge peoples' posts by their creation date and post count was when WoD came out, because there was a huge influx of new accounts of people bitching (about WoD and about people bitching about WoD) and it got annoying.

But if I did have to choose, I'd say post count. When you make your account isn't a good indication of how long you've been here.

Neither.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    I judge people by cuteness of avatar.

i must be winning then, right?

Deleted
    I do not care about any of it. Just because you have alot of posts it does not mean that they are good posts.

I was a mmo-c forum lurker for what seems like forever. Never bothered to post before. Got bored IRL so I started posting recently in off-topic (mostly). /flex 20 posts

I try to genuinely read everyone's posts until repetition sets in. That said obviously some names and avatars stick out of the crowd but I TRY not let it influence me. Although one poster, I'll leave unnamed, every time I see him post it's always helpful, uses common sense, and rarely speaks badly of anyone (unless they REALLY deserved it). This man if I were gay I would propose to him. You don't know who you are but keep being you, you wonderful man you.

I ignore join date completely, it's irrelevant as far as I'm concerned.

Post count only matters to me if it's particularly low; first posts, particularly when they're creating a thread, get some extra suspicion from me, but I'll still at least read them since everyone has to start somewhere... it just increases the odds of the post being one that I'm not going to care about due to it being spam or trolling or the like.

So... technically, post count matters more to me, but as long as you've got at least 5 or so posts I don't really care about either.

Deleted
    Post count!
    I'd rather have a bunch of just joined people derping around than a bunch of people who joined long ago, thinking they're too good to post because of their awesome join date.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    neither, if they have more than 10 posts, and Joined with in the last month doesn't make their opinions invalid. It is the quality of what they say not the quantity or length. However if they are clearly trolling I will treat them as such even if they joined in 2009 with 5k posts.

Couldn't care less about either.