Deleted

Brewmaster Challenge Mode gear

Yeah, sockets and all, but I was wondering what trinkets and weapons i should use. Also is the stat prio crit>mastery>haste if going for fast times? Should i put crit/expertise or crit/mastery in engineering head?

Crit>Haste. Ignore mastery, it won't help you that much. I did find this a while back that was pretty helpful. I wasn't an engineer, so I had to swap the helm out.

Deleted
    Thanks a ton, will really help me out Would Ji-kun cloak and iron-qon boots be suitable instead of Ra-den drops?

Quote Originally Posted by promdate View Post
    Crit>Haste. Ignore mastery, it won't help you that much. I did find this a while back that was pretty helpful. I wasn't an engineer, so I had to swap the helm out.
    Googling around, a comparable and fairly easily accessable helm is: http://www.wowhead.com/item=94270 (He's gemming his engineer helm for expertise/crit)

You might want to consider going for a ghost-iron dragonling as a non engineer, as the 600 to three secondaries is immense, even if the proc is lackluster. (it's less useful to the engineer because the cogs are unique-equipped, so you can only wear one smooth, one precise, one quick, and so on.) It's a good candidate if you're below hit/expertise cap in above gear post scaling and it's fairly flexible (Haste, Crit, Expertise, Hit)

Twist-toe tabi is another hard one to get. Unrepetent treads from Galakras is a good candidate. Unfortunately, the tabi are the only agi boots I can seem to find with two gem sockets post ilvl 470.

RE: The cape, the Ji-kun cape is less optimal due to the mastery on it. you might get better mileage from the legendary DPS (I know it dosen't proc in CM's, but can you still get stats out of it) cape instead. maybe someone else can shed light on this.
    Last edited by blackblade; 2014-02-04 at 06:37 PM.

Comparing Ji'kun, Legendary to Raden:

Ji'kun: +180 Mastery, +8 Crit, -245 Haste
    Legendary: +237 Master, -41 Crit, -127 Haste
    Raden: 0 Mastery, 778 Crit, 364 Haste

This is all with the +crit to cloak enchant and a +320 all of them scaled down to CM level.

As far as boots go, the main benefit of getting the Raden ones is because of the double sockets.

If you're an engineer, make the ilvl 476 helm with cogwheels. It ends up being much better than any other item is due to how sockets are ignored by the ilvl drop. Trinket-wise... hell I just used my raiding trinkets when I did our runs (haromm's + blackfuse). In fact, if you look at my armory now, the only thing I swapped was my helm (engi helm with crit/haste cogwheels and normal agi meta); yes, I had the DPS legendary cloak on, as the stat setup worked better IMO and procs are irrelevant. I used a stam flask + armor pots (rarely, mostly saved the CD for invis). Reforge/gem was the same: crit heavy with exp (15%) and hit caps.

That worked great for us with our comp (Pally healer, with ele sham, hunter, and a mage/rogue/warrior in the last spot).
    Last edited by zurm; 2014-02-04 at 08:53 PM.

Note: the link I posted is primarily for people who are intending on doing realm/region/world speed runs. You don't have to get that insane on your gear just to do some gold clears. You can probably do it with your normal raid gear and be fine.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Stat Priority is

Hit Cap > Exp Cap > Crit > Haste > Agility , mastery is garbage so if possible avoid it

gear with sockets are amazing due to how the gear scaling works. Also hit and expertise do not get scaled down like every other stat. if you are a engineer the engi helm is your BiS, as far as weapons go , the Wu-Lai, Bladed Fan of the Consorts is your BiS because the legendary prismatic socket does work in challenge modes and can be applied to these which gives you 4 sockets while dual weilding which is huge and i has perfect stats (crit/haste + essentially 2 sockets via legendary prismatic socket).

if you are only going for golds then your normal raid gear will work bu i would recommend using any other helm (assuming you have legendary meta) because your legendary meta doesn work and is a wasted slot at that point.

the world top ranking monk is Klosterbro from method if you want a BiS list look at his gear, he will log out in it quite often, and also you can look up Maebybabe from ascendance both are on eu servers.

trinkets wise darkmoon agi card + alch trinket or windswept pages respectively are your BiS because of proc rates / ability to reforge for more stats and the procs have low Internal cooldowns unlike all of the other trinkets.

Deleted
    Any good repalcements for the neck and hands in the BiS list? trash drops are hard to come by:P

There aren't many necks that have gem sockets (only 2, both in ToT) that have agility on them. One is Haste/Crit (the optimal stats), the other is Hit/Mastery. The gloves are the same, the only crit/haste gloves with double sockets. The only other gloves that have a socket and have C/H is Gauntlets of the Shadow's Caress