Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shangshang View Post
    I find that a lot of libertarians are far right economic extremists and generally don't realize it. I really never hear any of them with a balanced view economically. Everything is just far right. It scares me as much as the social conservatives.

The Republicans have gone so far right that the Democrats pretty much hold what would be a moderate-conservative ground in many other developed countries. If the Republicans realize this and start edging back to the center they would start winning elections again. God forbid they actually figure that out. Although, I kind of wouldn't mind because when we do get a Republican president (and we will again) they'll at least be tolerable.
    That's because a majority of self-identified "libertarians" are actually far right Conservatives under a trendy new name. A real libertarian does not support a great deal of social nor (present-day) fiscal conservatism. It would indeed be nice for the Republicans to realize they've jumped ship with their extreme ideology and reel it back to center, but it will take a hell of a lot for that to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Wixwix View Post
    Traditionally, obtaining or extorting money illegally or carrying on illegal business activities, usually by Organized Crime . A pattern of illegal activity carried out as part of an enterprise that is owned or controlled by those who are engaged in the illegal activity.

Not only banks, but corporations.

Starbucks is a good example.

In 2012 Starbucks reported losses in England for the 15th annual time, yet telling investors they were making profit. Average workers has had no significant raise while executives made up to double of what they did the year before in some cases, all the while the company itself is completely avoiding paying taxes.

Bank of America, an interesting read:

http://www.alternet.org/corporate-ac...cale-fraud-and
    Ha, I work in banking and let me tell you, one of the ways banks make record profits is to reduce OpEx. A large proportion of which is staff pay.

I remember back in the GFC when we were all on pay freezes the business would give presentations showing how profits were actually doing really well and isn't that great? Boy morale was high back then lol. They must've had like 90% staff turnover in the following couple of years...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.