Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Thok 10 M heroic as Mistweaver

HI guys! im having issues healing that fight as a mistweaver.. we have our list of cooldowns, using revival at 15th stack at the 1st nuke phase and then again on 14th in 3rd nuke phase,we're in 3 groups standing in a triangle form

Ive tried using Xuen and RJW and i find RJW performs slightly better.

im healing with a resto druid and a holy pala and they do like 250+ hps midfight and im like 160 ish... spamming RJW, uplifts,Tfting on CD,rem on cd, expel harm on cd,jab when needed etc..

we've gotten him to 800k Hp as best try

any tips ortricks?

regards Snowyun

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by snowyun View Post
    HI guys! im having issues healing that fight as a mistweaver.. we have our list of cooldowns, using revival at 15th stack at the 1st nuke phase and then again on 14th in 3rd nuke phase,we're in 3 groups standing in a triangle form

Ive tried using Xuen and RJW and i find RJW performs slightly better.

im healing with a resto druid and a holy pala and they do like 250+ hps midfight and im like 160 ish... spamming RJW, uplifts,Tfting on CD,rem on cd, expel harm on cd,jab when needed etc..

we've gotten him to 800k Hp as best try

any tips ortricks?

regards Snowyun
    Next time, try to search before posting,
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ic-Thok-10-man

Deleted
    ive read that a couple of times already, have tried it all, but still aint doing any competetive healing

Deleted
    ive read that a couple of times already, have tried it all, but still aint doing any competetive healing
    PEBCAK? Logs pls.

Deleted
    cant post link nor pm due to im new on this forum..... gimme a break

Deleted
    cant post link nor pm due to im new on this forum..... gimme a break
    Place a space somewhere to break the URL. Can't really give you a break, unless you expect us to trial and error your problems for the next fortnight.

If you have logs, this would be a lot easier but i'll give it a go.

Honestly, if you are getting him to 800K, you should probably just use Xuen. You have him up for every stack phase, and it is a decent chunk of DPS and does decent healing in the first 8 or so screeches.

Make a macro for spinning crane kick so that you can hit it twice to cancel it.
    /cast spinning crane kick
    /cancelaura spinning crane kick
    Super easy, you can get 3 off during a meta gem proc if you are really good with it.You still get the initial tick of the heal, but more importantly it give you a chi if you are standing in the group.

Your main healing comes from uplift and renewing mists respectively so you want to maximize the amount that is going out. I normally use revival as an "Oh Shit" kind of cooldown especially in this fight so if you can take it out of your cooldown rotation it would probably increase your raids survivability.

So real quick lets go through what I do on pull, and for every stack phase. You want to pre cast renewing mists at 10 seconds and make sure you get your second cast off before the boss pulls, pop potion, engineering gloves if you have it and then xuen on pull for the damage. This doubles as healing as you know so you can more focus on getting a really good thunder focus tea at around 6-8 stacks. This is normally when our Devotion Auras fall off so it works out perfectly. TFT at around 6-8 and then on CD while you are in that phase. Renewing mists on CD, Expel Harm on CD, Jab only if you absolutely need to because spinning crane kick will get you a better healing on this fight than jab plus you get the chi.

Do you have 2 chi and the raid takes damage? UPLIFT
    Is a screech about to go off and your normal chi builders are on CD? SCK
    Honestly in 10 man, TFT, and 4 uplifts (im assuming you are using chi brew) is WAY more effective than a revival and that's my go to for large raid damage especially on this fight.

If you can get me logs I can take a look and help even more.

Deleted
    worldoflogs.com/reports/92mg3x8l8xtuz9g9/sum/healingDone/?s=9086&e=9275 last weeks tries, like 5 of them.. went much better this week, but i was still low on the healing...

Looking at your logs it might not be anything you are doing wrong.

Are you utilizing BoPs from your paladins on your healers? Hybrid DPS? It might be worth it to throw one on your Boomkin or your Shadow Priest so they can get full Tranquility or Vampiric Embrace off.

Also, I wouldn't worry about Low HPS, what you are doing is fine with your healing comp. Remember someone always has to be at the bottom, and healing isn't about the ranks, its about killing the boss. If everyone lives, you are fine even if you only did half of the healing you did on your pulls. If you can repeat what you did on your 800K wipe, I'm pretty sure you can just kill the boss.
    Last edited by Chistorm; 2014-02-04 at 09:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your RJW healing is rather low - looks like you are nowhere close to keeping a 100% uptime on it during the screech phases.
    That itself should fix your issue. If you can't keep a 100% (or close) RJW uptime during the screech phases, you might as well go Xuen.

This is pretty clearly talked about several times on the other thread that was already going; so no, you didn't actually 'try it all'. You either kinda failed at understanding what was being professed on that thread, or at least following it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by st33l View Post
    Your RJW healing is rather low - looks like you are nowhere close to keeping a 100% uptime on it during the screech phases.
    That itself should fix your issue. If you can't keep a 100% (or close) RJW uptime during the screech phases, you might as well go Xuen.

This is pretty clearly talked about several times on the other thread that was already going; so no, you didn't actually 'try it all'. You either kinda failed at understanding what was being professed on that thread, or at least following it.
    whats with the attitude man? as i said, these are the first 5? pulls on thok.. we did much better last thursday, but unfortunately no logs available... so please, stop with the accusation of not reading threads!

15+ Year Old Account
    Personally I'd choose zen sphere over chi wave. I'm doing 8% healing with it versus your 3.4% and it's a lot more effective during the screech phases. Just keep one zen sphere up on each stack group.

I usually also do some fistweaving in the beginning of the fight when the damage hasn't ramped up yet with pot up you can push 200-250k the first ~30secs, just start using renewing mists like 10sec in the fight to have it spread on everyone when the raid damage finally picks up. Also if you use Xuen like you should make sure to pop it when the bats come at the 2nd phase, can do like 400k aoe damage with it alone at that point.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    Personally I'd choose zen sphere over chi wave. I'm doing 8% healing with it versus your 3.4% and it's a lot more effective during the screech phases. Just keep one zen sphere up on each stack group.

I usually also do some fistweaving in the beginning of the fight when the damage hasn't ramped up yet with pot up you can push 200-250k the first ~30secs, just start using renewing mists like 10sec in the fight to have it spread on everyone when the raid damage finally picks up. Also if you use Xuen like you should make sure to pop it when the bats come at the 2nd phase, can do like 400k aoe damage with it alone at that point.
    thanks, i will try this tomorrow!

As others have mentioned your RJW Healing is Rather low. its usually 20% give or take of my healing along with ReM and Uplift. Also your chi brew you could be using more often as you only gained 4 chi from it on a 3m fight. Same Goes for expel harm I mash EH off of CD usually just to get the most chi possible. Also by the looks of this you are not quite mashing ReM right as it comes off of cd. you should have had around 20-22 chi from ReM on a 3m fight thats also something you could do to increase your throughput more instant cast chi -> more uplift. Mistweaver really is a button mash spec.

Deleted
    worldoflogs.com/reports/2epht6ct3pr3dq0i/details/115/?s=9960&e=10470 here are some fresh logs from tonights thok kill

10+ Year Old Account
    worldoflogs.com/reports/2epht6ct3pr3dq0i/details/115/?s=9960&e=10470 here are some fresh logs from tonights thok kill
    Gratz on your kill. At your gear level, you probably would have done more HPS though with RJW - plus a less frantic healing style.
    Whatever works for you though, gratz again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by st33l View Post
    Gratz on your kill. At your gear level, you probably would have done more HPS though with RJW - plus a less frantic healing style.
    Whatever works for you though, gratz again.
    thanks! what do u mean by frantic? i went full out dpsing in the beginning untill we hit like 5 stacks on nukephase #1,, yes, i probably would have done more hps with RJW,but hence the dps ( 31 M if im correct )

10+ Year Old Account
    You can still DPS with RJW
    So from what I noticed between healing with versus without RJW is that with RJW, the dips in people's health seemed to get healed up quicker. The healing mostly felt, smoother.

Deleted
    here is the most recent log from our thok kill.. please analyze it: worldoflogs.com/reports/vviscrst2l5cnp6a/analyze/hd/source/?s=402&e=843

Only thing i can really tell is expel harm use is very low, regardless of using it as a heal it is a very cheap chi generator, that and RJW/SCK healing seems low if you wish you can compare to my log which was roughly same fight duration
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/v...=13030&e=13488

also you can disarm the jailer for the 5% increased healing buff
    and you have no melee damage on boss you should try stack yourself in melee group and AA boss non stop
    I Delight in the Irony

Armory, Warcraft logs, Youtube, Twitter, Twitch