10+ Year Old Account

Thinking about deleting my toons....

To xfer off my current server for a T3 server.

I am currently on Sorrows Furnace. I moved right before Xfers required a fee to play with some kats who don't play anymore. In the past Ive been pretty on and off again but with the LFG and many addtions to the game since I last played (June 2013) I am really loving the game and I think Im finally hooked.

My goal is WvW while in the past being on Sorrow's Furnace didn't matter when I didnt take the game as seriously, but now I see that we are in T7. So Im thinking of going back to Dragonbrand where I actually have several RL friends who play on and off. Not to mention its a T3 server which I think is right where I want to be for WvW.

The catch is that I only have a 50 and a 35 where I'm not making enough money to trade for gems. Spending $ is out of the question as its not a good time for me to spend anything outside of my budget.

So I learned that I can delete all my toons and with the changes to the currencies Ill basically still keep all my gold, laurels, karma etc as well as anything stored in my bank. I also have the birthday thingies to boost a toon to 20 out the door.

So it seems like deleting my toons and xfering for free is probably a great option but it just seems odd to me. Like I would never in a million years think about deleting characters that have any amount of invested time. Is it pretty common for people to do this? I feel like I can probably level up new toons pretty fast as I have a better grasp of the game now but I guess Im afraid of burnout. Any advice? Should I do this or is it best to stay where I am and farm gold for gems?

Thanks in advance for the advice.

10+ Year Old Account
    It really is your decision, right now it would cost 1800 gems to transfer to Dragonbrand. That's either ~150 gold or $22.50 cash, includes all your characters of course.

If you do decide to delete your characters, just put anything they have of value in your bank. If it's Soulbound armor or weapons, you can use a transmute stone to put it on a white item to make it Account Bound before banking it. Also, if you have a personal guild bank that will not go with you so take anything you care for out of that and put it in your personal bank.
    Last edited by Karizee; 2014-02-04 at 11:22 PM.
    Valar morghulis

Deleted
    You could keep your personal guild bank & just guest back to the old server to loot stuff you want whenever you want.
    Grab all the stuff once on your new server if you want & put it into a new guild storage. Job`s a good `un.

As for deleting, knock your socks off.
    Levelling is fast enough & at least you`re not at max level with grindfest weapons/gear etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishbait View Post
    You could keep your personal guild bank & just guest back to the old server to loot stuff you want whenever you want.
    That is incorrect.
    Valar morghulis

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    That is incorrect.
    Instead of a pointless "that is incorrect", state what is wrong, otherwise it`s pointless.
    If you mean that perhaps the guild gets deleted when the characters do, they can get someone else to take it over until they make a new one.
    You can guest, so that isn`t wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    /sigh

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...Banks/3038402/

Quote Originally Posted by Gaile Gray
    Guesting does not give you access to the guild bank on the world on which you're guesting. If you access a guild bank, it's the one that is on your home world. If you left items behind, no worries, but yes, you do need to actively *transfer* to regain those items, and cannot get them simply through guesting.

Hope that helps!
    Valar morghulis

Deleted
    Reverse sigh.

What I posted in the other part covers that...

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't know why you are trying to spread account/guild bank misinformation on a game you don't play anymore. You cannot access a guild bank on another world.
    Valar morghulis

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    Don't know why you are trying to spread account/guild bank misinformation on a game you don't play anymore. You cannot access a guild bank on another world.
    Re-read my second post, it really isn`t that difficult.

"they can get someone else to take it over until they make a new one.".
    You can arrange to have it sent, you can join their guild & loot, choices are plenty..
    Last edited by mmoca2c81d9292; 2014-02-04 at 11:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishbait View Post
    Re-read my second post, it really isn`t that difficult.
    You can give someone else the guild, but guesting to the server won't allow you to get to that bank. The someone else that now owns it could maybe take stuff out and send it to you if you can't clear it out ahead of time via your regular bank.

If you transfer, you cannot access the old server's guild bank.

Ew. Glad I found out about this before transferring. My bf and I each have a fully unlocked guild bank on CD. That was a lot of months of work when you only have 2 people gaining influence. Guess I'm stuck. Maybe I'll get lucky and people will decide to server stack CD for the next WvW season (har har).
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Ew. Glad I found out about this before transferring. My bf and I each have a fully unlocked guild bank on CD. That was a lot of months of work when you only have 2 people gaining influence. Guess I'm stuck. Maybe I'll get lucky and people will decide to server stack CD for the next WvW season (har har).
    Just spend some of your gold... oh, right... forget it.