Blackfuse belt problems.

I've been asked by my R/L to do the belt and I can't for the life of me kill anything on there fast enough. I'm running Combat right now but I'm thinking that mut or sub would be a better choice. Any thoughts and or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Get on the belt as late as possible so that you're able to refresh insight before it expires, have a full SnD running before going up and try to also have as many CPs as possible. Glyph Expose armor and apply it to the weapon prior to anything else. Killing spree as soon as the weapon comes out (it will expire before you need to pass the first line of laser. Keep cloak of shadows for the most annoying set of laser and remember that even though it seems you're out of range, you can stand on the very edge of the belt and still hit the weapon. Use adrenaline rush and shadow blades as soon as KS is over and specifically save CDs for the belt.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

10+ Year Old Account
    ^This is helpful. I totally forgot about the importance of the expose armor glyph.

Deleted
    Well if you are an engineer for 1 thats pretty much a boost to get you there on time. Um sprint and BoS works too if you dont feel the need for SS. However i like to use SS sometimes to get through beams if you wait like 1 second. Sub will do really good dmg on the belt and boss allowing you do use your cds for both. However combat will do just as good damage but requires you to save your CDs for them. There are times where i forgo the snd between belts just to get AR/SB back up but i think thats just me being sucky. Also it being nerfed i find AR kinda gets wasted on the belt now since its usually dead by the 3rd beam.

Edit: I remember asking the hunters if they did sunders and apparently their raptors do so i dont use the glyph but i assume if you needed it then it would be awesome.
    Last edited by mmoc343814da7d; 2014-02-04 at 11:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluorescent0 View Post
    Get on the belt as late as possible so that you're able to refresh insight before it expires, have a full SnD running before going up and try to also have as many CPs as possible. Glyph Expose armor and apply it to the weapon prior to anything else. Killing spree as soon as the weapon comes out (it will expire before you need to pass the first line of laser. Keep cloak of shadows for the most annoying set of laser and remember that even though it seems you're out of range, you can stand on the very edge of the belt and still hit the weapon. Use adrenaline rush and shadow blades as soon as KS is over and specifically save CDs for the belt.
    The Glyph is a good idea. Thanks for that and all of the other suggestions.

I've always had better results as Subt on the belt.

How much damage is your hunter doing to the belt though? I don't even use CDs up there anymore because the hunter can do 70-100% of the weapon's health every single time after the nerfs and gear.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by boneheded View Post
    I've been asked by my R/L to do the belt and I can't for the life of me kill anything on there fast enough.
    Are you asked to solo it, or is there in fact someone there with you? Is it 10 or 25 man? Is it maybe normal? (I hope not.) Some more information would be nice.

If you got someone with you you should use tricks on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    I've always had better results as Subt on the belt.

How much damage is your hunter doing to the belt though? I don't even use CDs up there anymore because the hunter can do 70-100% of the weapon's health every single time after the nerfs and gear.
    Subtlety is GREAT for the belt. Popping Shadow Dance on every belt means you can actually get away with one less DPS on the belt, so long as you have some good Subtlety gear.
    Carp - Illidan-US
    I wish I wish I was a fish.
    My rogue

OP never said whether normal or heroic. If normal and you are mostly normal geared, it should be trivial. In my case, either AR/SB or KS is enough to solo one--I generally use the other CD on the boss when I get back.

I've always preferred sub for the belt. I did combat last week and it was fine, but sub is just easier. I do it on 10m and I can easily solo one through dance. Now, I am 578 ilvl, but with a little less gear you can still do it. I hate combat for it because it will sometimes bug out from killing spree and put you at normal run speed where the belt doesn't interfere at all with your movement (bad thing for running ahead). Go shadow focus and vanish every time for the opener, then hemo and pop dance and ambush your ass off while evisc when you need to. If it's the first one, it doesn't hurt to put rupture up but that's only if you might not be able to kill it in time. It will keep ticking until the last one goes through.

Killing Spree is a boss, but dance will get you the ~10m damage or whatever it is you need.

Pre-nerf and post nerf, myself and a hunter have always done it. I don't even waste AR/SB on it. At this point, and even before the nerf, a KS while tricksing your belt partner is enough to get it down to almost 35% before it even passes the first laser line. I went sub for our first 30-50 attempts and did just as well. But, I prefer combat over sub. This also leave you with AR/SB for blackfuse when you get off the belt. To each his own though. Which spec you're most comfortable with will always be the best. Rogues even did it pre-nerf as assassination. So any spec will work.

Sub or combat works for belts. Our guild will be doing Hunters and monks tho for 25 man belts

if you have AoC combat does really well on the belt. I have been combat for the belts since our first kill. Sub works well, but depending on your strat sub might not be oiptimal for mine and boss damage. You will have AR/SB and KS for each belt and you can cloak 2 of the 3 beams(usually cloaking 2 of the annoying ones because there is a 3rd that is usually open in the middle). Always KS as the add comes through the beams making sure not to hit it early cuz KS will put you too far into the entrance and you will die. Then pop AR/SB after for the rest of the belt. Also it is possible to sustain your bandit's guile from the boss to the belt as well as taking 5 cp's with you. If you are in any insight level you can use the belt adds leading up to your kill target to sustain bandit's guile so it doesn't drop before you get to your add. Hope this helps!