Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

10m Garrosh Heroic - Healer kiting in P4

Looking for some input, particularly from healers, that have cleared Garrosh Heroic on 10 man.

We are solo tanking this fight and 2 healing it.

We are thinking about having me (resto druid) kiting the star in p4, leaves all dps nuking Garrosh and pretty much ensures a kill before reaching 100 energy for a second time.

I'd be interested to hear if healers that have done the fight think it's doable? The damage doesn't look that bad in p4, but tbh I have no real experience of it yet?

Cheers

Our Disc (and others) solo healed the whole fight, so it's entirely doable. When we bring our hpals, even they mostly just do damage in p4. There isn't that much healing to do if people handle Malice correctly.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I kite the star in P4 as a Resto Druid - it's pretty easy and there isn't a ton of healing that needs to be done as long as people do Malice properly.

Video of our first kill - link should put you right around p4 start:
    http://youtu.be/0m2Sa1TnJuY?t=9m52s

Side note: Is solo tanking Heroic Garrosh a thing? That sounds like a terrible idea - you aren't even gaining very much DPS - if any at all - to do it.
    Jellogtwo - Druid - Royal Militia [A10] - Main - 14/14H
    Jellog - Monk - Royal Militia [A10] - Alt - 14/14H

<Royal Militia> - 14/14H x2, US 27th (22nd for 10s only), is now recruiting all classes for WoD!

How the heck do you solo tank P2/P3? Doesn't the debuff explode for eleventy million damage if you stack it too high in P3?

Also Stormwind Harbor counts as an outdoor area for druids, which means we can use travel form in addition to 21 seconds of sprint from dash/roar.

Our resto druid kites the star and our disc heals the tank. There is no problem cause there is not that much dmg incoming except the star explosion when he hits garrosh. Just keep on trying a few attempts and you´ll see it´s really easy Gl !!

How does empowered gripping despair not one shot your raid if you're solo tanking?
    Last edited by britishbubba; 2014-02-05 at 04:08 AM.

No it wont 1 shot you, we've taken an 8 stack explosion and lived with cds just fine.

Deleted
    There is a video somewhere in youtube where a bear solotanks whole Garrosh fight. Can't remember name of the guild or anything, just saw it once.

Deleted
    Yeah I had a feeling that it was the perfect job for a resto, thanks for the confirmation guys.

Side note: Our tank is the Vengeance King so we'll be fine :-)

10+ Year Old Account
    /flex

Other than that, thanks for the feedback all.
    <Judge> Alonsus-EU. 6/8M Uldir
    Prot Paladin
    RECRUITING FOR BFA!

For people wondering about Emp Gripping despair it hits for 22.5k per stack(not the 45k per stack the tank gets)

You can easily take the 7 stack from the stacks before whirl with almost nothing. Then a debuffed 7 stacks + a 11 stack(1 tanking you really shouldnt get more than like 10 and skip 2nd whirl) only hits for like 700k pre cooldowns.

Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    For people wondering about Emp Gripping despair it hits for 22.5k per stack(not the 45k per stack the tank gets)

You can easily take the 7 stack from the stacks before whirl with almost nothing. Then a debuffed 7 stacks + a 11 stack(1 tanking you really shouldnt get more than like 10 and skip 2nd whirl) only hits for like 700k pre cooldowns.
    Never even noticed it hits for that little on the raid... thought it was the full value. Makes a LOT more sense now lol. thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even if you use 2 tanks, one of the tank should be kiting whatever adds that spawns from the empowered whirling corruption in p3, instead of taunting stacks off boss.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Berianther View Post
    Even if you use 2 tanks, one of the tank should be kiting whatever adds that spawns from the empowered whirling corruption in p3, instead of taunting stacks off boss.
    If you can transition the boss before 2nd AoE may I ask why? If dps is good enough to push the boss before 2nd AoE I can't see any reason not to taunt and get smaller explosions.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctorant View Post
    If you can transition the boss before 2nd AoE may I ask why? If dps is good enough to push the boss before 2nd AoE I can't see any reason not to taunt and get smaller explosions.
    Probably just so healers have something to do on that fight and not feel useless, maybe?
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Probably just so healers have something to do on that fight and not feel useless, maybe?
    I don't think that counts as a valid reason.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    I don't think that counts as a valid reason.
    Maybe on farm but not on progress.

Deleted
    Was thinking more about this, I am assuming that I will have a chance to be targetted by malice whilst I am kiting?

Can't see that working out well???

Malice cannot target the kiter (except when it bugs out and does anyway).
    Hotfix (2013-10-07): "Garrosh Hellscream should no longer use Malice against players who have an Iron Star fixated on them on Heroic difficulty."

Quote Originally Posted by Jurik View Post
    Malice cannot target the kiter (except when it bugs out and does anyway).
    Hotfix (2013-10-07): "Garrosh Hellscream should no longer use Malice against players who have an Iron Star fixated on them on Heroic difficulty."
    We've had this happen a few times recently. They didn't fix it.