Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotei View Post
    how the hell is pvp season ending when a person with the minimum 2200 cap each week would only have achieved a full set 1-2 weeks ago.
    you are aware that once you get the 27k conquest achievement, you can buy grievous gear with honor right?

even then, with minimum cap you should have gotten full grievous ages ago.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes Dagon View Post
    I was really excited about TESO but after playing both of the previous beta sessions, I'm very disappointed. It definitely has the MMO elements in it, though barely intact. What's lacking is the TES part. It's a MMO hiding behind Bethesda's shadow. It has the races, the stories, and the entirety of Tamriel, but it lacks the je ne sais quoi that the single-player games have. It's understandable though since Todd Howard and co. have no relations to this disappointment.

I'll give it another try this weekend but a purchase is becoming less and less likely.

Exactly how I reacted. Its just barebones and not good in any way, sadly.
    The sterile graphics and atmosphere really kills off any immersion.

This is a themepark for AAA-zombie-kids and mostly console gamers.

They should have done a working coop addon for Skyrim instead, or a new coop ES game.

Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    and this is how F2P games work...they are a true capitalism system where you have the rich people and the poor experience the game(world) in a different way. However, the subscription model is known for the opposite...you pay a monthly fee and you get 100% of the game. No rich and poor, no distinction between the players. Matt Firor (ESO designer) also said that too

"just having one small monthly fee for 100% access to the game fits the IP and the game much better than a system where you have to pay for features and access as you play." - Matt Firor

"We don't want the player to worry about which parts of the game to pay for - with our system, they get it all." - Matt Firor

"We feel that putting pay gates between the player and content at any point in game ruins that feelign of freedom." - Matt Firor

now I live capitalism every moment in my real life and I don't want the same for my games too. MMORPGs create virtual worlds where people get "lost" inside...it does not need to be like real life and thats why many of us we prefer the sub model.
    There definatly are rich and poor in subscription models aswell. Truly poor people neither have a system to play, nor can they afford the game and the monthly fee. If you have money for an MMO, you are not poor.

I also don't see where he contradicts his statements.

You can access all of the game you bought.

You do get every part of the game. You don't have to pay to access area x or zone y. If you bought the IE, you can get there as an imperial. I think there is a big difference inbetween -where- you can go, or -how- you get there. It is not as if parts of the game are blocked out to 'regular' subscribers. It's just the way and looks that differ. If Imperials had their own starting zone, or exclusive habitat, or something, if they had more or better racials, I would agree. If they had crafting styles, or items, which only they could use, I'd agree. But in this case I think many people overreact. You have 9 races to pick from, of which most are (in my opinion) much more exciting then the Imperials. If they had put Dunmer, Altmer and Nords, or a whole faction, behinde a paygate, I would agree. But they didn't.

You can access every corner of Tamriel (available), as any class, any faction, that you'd like. You don't get to do it as an imperial.

Also, stressing the rpg is really unnecessary. Only because you want to pretend that you are somewhere else doesn't change the fact that you, your life and your game are part of a capitalistic world.

I'd also like to point out that I am in no way happy about how the world works.

Deleted
    @hotei

if youre only getting the minimum cap then you don't really have a shot at a title...what's the problem?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    There definatly are rich and poor in subscription models aswell. Truly poor people neither have a system to play, nor can they afford the game and the monthly fee. If you have money for an MMO, you are not poor.

I also don't see where he contradicts his statements.

You can access all of the game you bought.

You do get every part of the game. You don't have to pay to access area x or zone y. If you bought the IE, you can get there as an imperial. I think there is a big difference inbetween -where- you can go, or -how- you get there. It is not as if parts of the game are blocked out to 'regular' subscribers. It's just the way and looks that differ. If Imperials had their own starting zone, or exclusive habitat, or something, if they had more or better racials, I would agree. If they had crafting styles, or items, which only they could use, I'd agree. But in this case I think many people overreact. You have 9 races to pick from, of which most are (in my opinion) much more exciting then the Imperials. If they had put Dunmer, Altmer and Nords, or a whole faction, behinde a paygate, I would agree. But they didn't.

You can access every corner of Tamriel (available), as any class, any faction, that you'd like. You don't get to do it as an imperial.

Also, stressing the rpg is really unnecessary. Only because you want to pretend that you are somewhere else doesn't change the fact that you, your life and your game are part of a capitalistic world.

I'd also like to point out that I am in no way happy about how the world works.
    Truely poor people shouldn't be playing games at all, or spending it on monthly subs...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by melak View Post
    ESO = moneygrab
    You're really that butthurt over a race or do you have something else to support that statement?
    Also they've hinted you might be able to unlock imperials in-game.
    Last edited by mmoc5b3bf16116; 2014-02-05 at 11:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wazzbo View Post
    Truely poor people shouldn't be playing games at all, or spending it on monthly subs...
    I didn't say that they shouldn't. They probably couldn't. It's not my place to tell people what they can or cannot do (exept in health issues, job wise), But in my opinion, if you have the money for an mmo, you cannot be considered poor.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    I didn't say that they shouldn't. They probably couldn't. It's not my place to tell people what they can or cannot do (exept in health issues, job wise), But in my opinion, if you have the money for an mmo, you cannot be considered poor.
    Exactly, so there's no rich/poor problem there.

Confirmed!

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    itshappening.gif

16 week pvp season, WoD June 24 ??
    I see what you did there!

Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    You're really that butthurt over a race or do you have something else to support that statement?
    Also they've hinted you might be able to unlock imperials in-game.
    If there was a way then they could say: YOU ARE ABLE TO UNLOCK THEM INGAME. But they didn't even said it: You might be able to unlock it; maybe they mean: you might be able to win the lottery, then you might buy the imperial edition and then you might be able to unlock them in-game.

They only said it that not too many people are pissed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    Barely 3 months to release, and ESO is still under NDA. Hahaha! Yeah, it's that bad. Trust me, it's really bad.

If you think Blizz microtransactions and businessmodel is bad, I need to warn you about ESO. They've locked an entire race to only those that buy Collectors Edition.
    And you can only play as any race in any alliance if you preorder. That's why I decided to boycott the game. I am not buying a game that forces me to preorder and get the collector's edition to get every feature. Fuck that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    and this is how F2P games work...they are a true capitalism system where you have the rich people and the poor experience the game(world) in a different way. However, the subscription model is known for the opposite...you pay a monthly fee and you get 100% of the game. No rich and poor, no distinction between the players. Matt Firor (ESO designer) also said that too

"just having one small monthly fee for 100% access to the game fits the IP and the game much better than a system where you have to pay for features and access as you play." - Matt Firor

"We don't want the player to worry about which parts of the game to pay for - with our system, they get it all." - Matt Firor

"We feel that putting pay gates between the player and content at any point in game ruins that feelign of freedom." - Matt Firor

now I live capitalism every moment in my real life and I don't want the same for my games too. MMORPGs create virtual worlds where people get "lost" inside...it does not need to be like real life and thats why many of us we prefer the sub model.
    100%? I think you forgot about the blizz store wich is increasing rapidly

So the beta starts in 2 weeks?

lets see what this game is made of

Will Season 13 items still be available in some way for transmog purposes?

Logged in to my acount to comment on the people beating down on ESO. If you din't like it then thats fine for you. I played the beta and enjoyed what i saw. To call people morrons for considering to buy ESO makes you a small minded person. They got the imperial race in the collectors edition? Yea they did. It's a race that adds nothing new to the gameplay, you get no advantages whatsoever. And omg lolz greedy company adding something that has a new model? I wonder where i've seen that before? I'l give you a hint check the blizzard store for all the lovely 25 euro mounts.

It's a company they want to make money they gave you a game thats 100% playable and has 100% of the content required to be able to play the full game. Every company does it deal, with it. Before you know it that imperial race is in the store added as extra dlc for everyone to buy.

Quote Originally Posted by lokna View Post
    Logged in to my acount to comment on the people beating down on ESO. If you din't like it then thats fine for you. I played the beta and enjoyed what i saw. To call people morrons for considering to buy ESO makes you a small minded person. They got the imperial race in the collectors edition? Yea they did. It's a race that adds nothing new to the gameplay, you get no advantages whatsoever. And omg lolz greedy company adding something that has a new model? I wonder where i've seen that before? I'l give you a hint check the blizzard store for all the lovely 25 euro mounts.

It's a company they want to make money they gave you a game thats 100% playable and has 100% of the content required to be able to play the full game. Every company does it deal, with it. Before you know it that imperial race is in the store added as extra dlc for everyone to buy.
    It's MMO-C, it's common to see the hate on anything that is not WoW.

Deleted
    Don't talk bad about ESO, if there are people that actually like the game and are willing to go play that, the WoW community, and the game itself, will ultimately benefit from getting rid of these people.

Deleted
    got the beta. at first i wanted to buy ESO, but locking a race for 20€? no thx sir

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    It's MMO-C, it's common to see the hate on anything that is not WoW.
    LOL yeah ofc because there is no hate on WoW on MMO-C