Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehgypsy View Post
    oh yeah.. my team is stuck on 12/14HC, we have been for 6 weeks.. we'll just give up and go LFR or flex!.. thanks for your awesome well thought-out suggestion!!.

"If" we dont make progress this week, we draw a line in the sand and thats it.. we wait till next xpac.. we've had too many illnesses/absences/leavers/hoppers/<insert any other excuse> this xpac to get anywhere near finishing. We dont expect nerfs, we just say, we werent good enough this time.
    Well considering they just nerfed it.....

Quote Originally Posted by Choptimus View Post
    63 US guilds are 14/14 HC 25 Man

132 EU guilds are 14/14 HC 25 Man.

Next?
    Lol i was going to post the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    There's a single difference between 10m flex and 10m normal: one drops a mount the other doesn't.

If you want the mount, farm some gold and buy a carry.

Btw, this is why they are changing the names of the difficulties. So people finally get they are exactly the same just different difficulties.

There's also the ilevel difference and warforged gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    There's also the ilevel difference and warforged gear.
    Better players get better gear? News to me.

And its all completely useless in a few months. Except the heirloom weapons which are obtainable on flex. Guilds raiding solely for gear are doomed anyways. (Eg, wanting to do a difficulty they aren't good enough for just get slightly better gear)
    Last edited by Krazzorx; 2014-02-05 at 07:15 PM.

It's a tuning issue and Blizz needs to nerf Siege so more people can see content. LFR and Flex is just not the same as normal.
    Flex is not the same as normal? Funny you say that, because it's going to be named normal in 6.0

Flex *is* the nerfed version of normal mode like ICC/DS. Blanked buff to normal modes would be the equivalent of giving normal mode gear in flex, absolutely zero point.

People always said "if you want a challenge, remove the buff".. well, if you want a challenge, do normal instead of Flex.
    Last edited by Spotnick; 2014-02-05 at 08:43 PM.

We just converted from 10 men to 25 men HC and today is our first raid... 25 men HC feels like LFR to us. With further nerfs to the bosses I fear of falling asleep half way throught it in the next 4-6 months we've to wait for WoD.
    Most people do not realize the talent and skill it requires to be in a top guild. Many of you think its only about time invested, but that couldn't be further from the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Flex is not the same as normal? Funny you say that, because it's going to be named normal in 6.0
    and normal is going to be named heroic in wod so i guess normal and heroic are the same too

SoO doesnt need to get nerfed, you nerf it gradually by accquiring new gear and upgrading it.

This makes the content last longer and makes content nerfs redundant, I believe a blue post explained this back in t14 as well.
    [email protected] | 8gb RAM | Geforce GTX 660 OC | 120gb SSD
    Druid (Main)World first 9000/9000HC 10minutes/week

This is ridiculous. SoO normal can be cleared at 54x ilvl. I cleared it wearing 10 pieces of tot gear..

Doubt they are talking about normal modes lol...

Quote Originally Posted by asasyn13 View Post
    Lol i was going to post the same thing.
    Lol 28 countries comparing themselves to 1 and thinking they are so good. Compare how many all French guilds or all UK guilds have killed him to the U.S. Comparing a continent to 1 country so fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dekkers View Post
    WoD is by far the worst expansion they have ever released. Every aspect of the game is going in the wrong direction. Hoping they will correct their mistakes with the next expansion but I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by dashflash890 View Post
    Lol 28 countries comparing themselves to 1 and thinking they are so good. Compare how many all French guilds or all UK guilds have killed him to the U.S. Comparing a continent to 1 country so fair.
    One Finland guild (country with 5 million people) have more world firsts than the US as a whole. Do I need to say more?

Oh wait, stuff like that doesn't matter.

FLEX isn't the same.
    There's no continuity and you usually need multiple groups to finish it. Hardly the same.
    The point was that if you nerfed the content by 20% it would be the same difficulty as flex but with better drops so even easier then flex after a month of being nerfed.

Quote Originally Posted by dashflash890 View Post
    Uhm, dont the US servers house players from 3 continents? Australia, Northern, and Southern America? So its actually 1 continent vs 3 continents.

Blademaster
    Thok, Siegecrafter and Paragons heroic have already been nerfed ( These are the ''hard'' heroic bosses )

Normal SoO really really doesn't need a nerf. Due to having flex gear which will nerf it just by gearing there.
    hey

I'm able to pug it on my alt every week, at least 13/14. Oh, and with only 545 ilvl. What's your point?
    Or are you talking about heroic? Why would you want to nerf heroic?

FLEX isn't the same.
    There's no continuity and you usually need multiple groups to finish it. Hardly the same.
    Running 4 flex modes after eachother with a guild group is the exact same thing as running nerfed normal with a guild group. The continuity argument really is nonsense, its 3 extra loading screens over the course of the whole raid. Obviously its different for pugs, but expecting continuity with a pug seems weard.

About the gear, indeed its better in normal, guess why, because more effort=more rewards. If you cba to put effort into wow dont expect to get the best rewards and be happy with getting rewarded with gear appropriate to your effort. You still get to see the whole story and all the bossfights with the exact same mechanics as normal mode. Asking for more is simply asking to get free gear.

The gear nerf existed in DS and ICC as well, anyhow that didn't stop the devs from implementing nerfs back then.

And I am pretty sure flat 5,10,15% etc nerfs will come for SoO soon enough.

You might say that there is no need for nerf since people can do flex nowadays but for someone that has already done flex content and even got the loot from it the fights become unattractive and boring. People loose interest and leave the game.

On the other hand there are guilds that are hitting the wall against a certain boss in Heroic or even Normal. If this happens for 3-4 weeks it becomes unberable and might lead to guild disbands and people leaving the game.

Therefore, to avoid the above the devs have implemented the nerf system to give players the chance to see more content and keep them happy. As a bussines company, Blizz target is to get money and keep the majority of the cusotmer base happy. If 1-2%,the hardcore raiders complain about the nerf its a minor loss compared to, let's say 10-20% customer base being unmotivated and leaving the game.

In the end, both hardcore or social players pay the same subscription fee.. they are the same in the eyes of the shareholders that just wanna see numbers.

My suggestion would be that they don't nerf it directly. I'd rather have them change all drops to being warforged. This would reduce (not eliminate, as items still have to drop) disparities due to drop luck. And noone gets gear or kill he/she would not have been entitled to before, as you could very well have all items you get from bosses you kill as warforged before.

Quote Originally Posted by Kredon View Post
    My suggestion would be that they don't nerf it directly. I'd rather have them change all drops to being warforged. This would reduce (not eliminate, as items still have to drop) disparities due to drop luck. And noone gets gear or kill he/she would not have been entitled to before, as you could very well have all items you get from bosses you kill as warforged before.
    or simplier - put what they already have in china wow - upgrades going from 2/2 to 2/4 -_- this would make vp little less usless -_-
    (fully upgraded OS anyone ? i sure do -_-)