Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    It's a tuning issue and Blizz needs to nerf Siege so more people can see content. LFR and Flex is just not the same as normal.
    Flex is not the same as normal? Funny you say that, because it's going to be named normal in 6.0

Flex *is* the nerfed version of normal mode like ICC/DS. Blanked buff to normal modes would be the equivalent of giving normal mode gear in flex, absolutely zero point.

People always said "if you want a challenge, remove the buff".. well, if you want a challenge, do normal instead of Flex.
    Last edited by Spotnick; 2014-02-05 at 08:43 PM.

Deleted
    We just converted from 10 men to 25 men HC and today is our first raid... 25 men HC feels like LFR to us. With further nerfs to the bosses I fear of falling asleep half way throught it in the next 4-6 months we've to wait for WoD.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Flex is not the same as normal? Funny you say that, because it's going to be named normal in 6.0
    and normal is going to be named heroic in wod so i guess normal and heroic are the same too

Deleted
    SoO doesnt need to get nerfed, you nerf it gradually by accquiring new gear and upgrading it.

This makes the content last longer and makes content nerfs redundant, I believe a blue post explained this back in t14 as well.

This is ridiculous. SoO normal can be cleared at 54x ilvl. I cleared it wearing 10 pieces of tot gear..

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Doubt they are talking about normal modes lol...

Quote Originally Posted by asasyn13 View Post
    Lol i was going to post the same thing.
    Lol 28 countries comparing themselves to 1 and thinking they are so good. Compare how many all French guilds or all UK guilds have killed him to the U.S. Comparing a continent to 1 country so fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    We have had multiple threads of white people complaining that black people were offended over some racist thing some white person said.
    Here we have a thread of white people offended over something some racist black person said.
    The key difference is that the white people in this thread aren't being told "shut up stop being offended get over it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dashflash890 View Post
    Lol 28 countries comparing themselves to 1 and thinking they are so good. Compare how many all French guilds or all UK guilds have killed him to the U.S. Comparing a continent to 1 country so fair.
    One Finland guild (country with 5 million people) have more world firsts than the US as a whole. Do I need to say more?

Oh wait, stuff like that doesn't matter.

FLEX isn't the same.
    There's no continuity and you usually need multiple groups to finish it. Hardly the same.
    The point was that if you nerfed the content by 20% it would be the same difficulty as flex but with better drops so even easier then flex after a month of being nerfed.

Quote Originally Posted by dashflash890 View Post
    Uhm, dont the US servers house players from 3 continents? Australia, Northern, and Southern America? So its actually 1 continent vs 3 continents.

Deleted
    Thok, Siegecrafter and Paragons heroic have already been nerfed ( These are the ''hard'' heroic bosses )

Normal SoO really really doesn't need a nerf. Due to having flex gear which will nerf it just by gearing there.

Deleted
    I'm able to pug it on my alt every week, at least 13/14. Oh, and with only 545 ilvl. What's your point?
    Or are you talking about heroic? Why would you want to nerf heroic?

FLEX isn't the same.
    There's no continuity and you usually need multiple groups to finish it. Hardly the same.
    Running 4 flex modes after eachother with a guild group is the exact same thing as running nerfed normal with a guild group. The continuity argument really is nonsense, its 3 extra loading screens over the course of the whole raid. Obviously its different for pugs, but expecting continuity with a pug seems weard.

About the gear, indeed its better in normal, guess why, because more effort=more rewards. If you cba to put effort into wow dont expect to get the best rewards and be happy with getting rewarded with gear appropriate to your effort. You still get to see the whole story and all the bossfights with the exact same mechanics as normal mode. Asking for more is simply asking to get free gear.

The gear nerf existed in DS and ICC as well, anyhow that didn't stop the devs from implementing nerfs back then.

And I am pretty sure flat 5,10,15% etc nerfs will come for SoO soon enough.

You might say that there is no need for nerf since people can do flex nowadays but for someone that has already done flex content and even got the loot from it the fights become unattractive and boring. People loose interest and leave the game.

On the other hand there are guilds that are hitting the wall against a certain boss in Heroic or even Normal. If this happens for 3-4 weeks it becomes unberable and might lead to guild disbands and people leaving the game.

Therefore, to avoid the above the devs have implemented the nerf system to give players the chance to see more content and keep them happy. As a bussines company, Blizz target is to get money and keep the majority of the cusotmer base happy. If 1-2%,the hardcore raiders complain about the nerf its a minor loss compared to, let's say 10-20% customer base being unmotivated and leaving the game.

In the end, both hardcore or social players pay the same subscription fee.. they are the same in the eyes of the shareholders that just wanna see numbers.

My suggestion would be that they don't nerf it directly. I'd rather have them change all drops to being warforged. This would reduce (not eliminate, as items still have to drop) disparities due to drop luck. And noone gets gear or kill he/she would not have been entitled to before, as you could very well have all items you get from bosses you kill as warforged before.

Quote Originally Posted by Kredon View Post
    My suggestion would be that they don't nerf it directly. I'd rather have them change all drops to being warforged. This would reduce (not eliminate, as items still have to drop) disparities due to drop luck. And noone gets gear or kill he/she would not have been entitled to before, as you could very well have all items you get from bosses you kill as warforged before.
    or simplier - put what they already have in china wow - upgrades going from 2/2 to 2/4 -_- this would make vp little less usless -_-
    (fully upgraded OS anyone ? i sure do -_-)

Because it's easy enough, it's easy to gear for it, and lfr, flex

Deleted
    14931 (50%) guilds have killed Garrosh normal

52913 (82.61%) killed Madness in DS on normal

It's a tuning issue and Blizz needs to nerf Siege so more people can see content. LFR and Flex is just not the same as normal.
    But you ARE seeing the content in LFR/Flex. What you're really asking for is the same gear from normal with the effort Flex takes, which is full retard.

Siege doesnt need nerfs.
    Pretty easy as long you dont wank around doing nothing.

Deleted
    Well in 6.0 they're implementing the WoD raid sizes to SoO so 10s and 25s won't even exist at this point, so they'll probably apply a lower scaled version of instances in the new 'heroic' and 'mythic' since I'll doubt they'd make a cutting edge feat of strength for Mythic