Deleted

Internet speed issues

So my problem is that when browsing, my internet is painfully slow and I don't know why.

My internet speed is 100mb/20mb and when testing on Speedtest.com I get 98mb
    When I download something on uTorrent my browsing stops completely.

When browsing normally it's painful, loading up sites like MMO-Champ, Facebook, youtube can take minutes.
    I use Google Chrome btw.
    I have to use a program called DNS Jumper to speed it up by small amounts.

btw my internet does not have Ipv6, but that shouldn't an issue?
    If anyone knows how I can fix this could you please tell me.

Thanks in advance
    Barny

10+ Year Old Account
    Starting from begining,
    If you are downloading torrents and want to use internet, you have to limit down and up speeds. It's convenient in uTorrent:
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...screenshot.png
    In the bottom where you see D: and U: just right click with mouse and you can set limits.

Now for your slow browsing, I imagine it's the Google Chrome. Have you tried other browsers?

Ipv6 is for future, every ISP will have to change to it eventually, but it's no concern to you so don't worry about it.
    PM me weird stuff :3

Deleted
    I used Firefox ages ago.

My thinking is that as Chrome uses more then 1 processes in the Task Manager for all the different thing it somehow slows down the browsing.
    Firefox uses 1 process

Might have to try Firefox again..

Well, Firefox still uses many threads contained within the single process. The reason Chrome has so many is due to each tab being sandboxed from the others. Regardless, those differences would not cause your issue. I'd be inclined to first disable all of your extensions in Chrome and see what happens. Next step would be running a malware scanner such as MalwareBytes just to rule out a browser hijack or malicious proxy setup. Most AV solutions will not detect those.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Tried using a different DNS? E.g. Google's.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Deleted
    In Utorrent, go to Preferences, bandwidth, Global Download rate limiting.

Set to around 80000 KB/s to leave around 20mb for browsing.

Messing with dns is pointless as its only checked once per connection and if it works fine when torrents arent running then its not a dns problem.

Deleted
    Will test those things

Thanks

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Also check to see if a different device can use full speed internet... it may be something to do with that particular computer.