10+ Year Old Account

I am brand new to the AH

Hello MMO-Champ, I am BRAND new to the AH so I am in need of some help. I am looking to control one market so I can learn the basics then slowly move up to 4-5 markets under me. I am curious what addons I need to use, type of person I need to be on the AH ( aggressive or patient, etc), and some tips to help me get started! Any thing will help thank you!

PS can you try and not to use to much lingo since I am kinda new lol! Thanks

Deleted
    Unless your server has like 5 people that actually move volumes around, you're not going to be able to 'control' a market. There are two basic tips for using the AH to actually make money:

1. There is no emotion, there is peace - Jedi speak for "it's just business", don't get attached to a market or start hating competitors.
    2. Check - if you are undercut, cancel and repost.

In order to be successful at 2, you need to be online ~12 hours a day on a high/full server and use the TSM (TradeSkillMaster) addon suite. It is a fantastic time saver and allows you to achieve the second point while focusing on a different activity. This will be useful because the frequency with which you perform 2 determines your income per hour.

And in opposition to Fincher, I tend to go for most money with the least effort, because I'm lazy and not online a lot.

I've cut down what I sell to a solid 50-100 items across a range of tradeskills that sell easily, consistently, and at a good profit margin.

I post once or twice a day, 12-24 hour auctions, and don't let it get to me.

When a market gets to be too much trouble (this happens a lot with glyphs and enchants) I drop it, and move on. Maybe come back to it in a few months to see how it's doing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dairyking101 View Post
    Hello MMO-Champ, I am BRAND new to the AH so I am in need of some help. I am looking to control one market so I can learn the basics then slowly move up to 4-5 markets under me. I am curious what addons I need to use, type of person I need to be on the AH ( aggressive or patient, etc), and some tips to help me get started! Any thing will help thank you!

The basics? Well let me repost and slightly edit what I wrote here years ago, it is still valid.

Making gold in the AH depends on:

-spending time
    -this means serious amounts of AH Camping, at least at prime time
    - being fast at cancel/relist wars
    - having all professions
    - knowing the niches of your server
    - exploiting the demands
    -controling the supply
    - buying out foes (you should add your competitors in your friendlist and watch their cancel/relist timeframes and patterns)
    - having 1-5 guild banks with 6 tabs for stockpiling
    -preparing for patches
    - having even one AH char on each faction to compare the prices of Horde and Alliance AHs
    - think about getting a second account. Most AH barons have at least a second account.

This is still my comprehemsion and "strategy" for everyone who wants to become a WoW Millionaire:

0.) Play on a high pop server with many active raid and pvp guilds and great demand
    1.) Buy low, sell high
    2.) Compare raw mats to endproducts
    3.) cancel-relist as often as you are able to
    4.) Have/spend time
    5.) If you think it is worth it, get a second accound.
    6.) If you want to dominate your servers markets and you want to have profits no matter how the market flows, you should get 1-3 players who farm raw materials for you like ores and flowers. Yes, this stuff is usually farmed by bots.

The one thing that has changed in my personal point of view is the deep undercutting. While I thought this a way to kill own margins, it is a nice startegy to shut down a market and other AH campers if you were stockpiling and if you are able to combine it with resetting prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Embodier View Post

- think about getting a second account. Most AH barons have at least a second account.

Could you explain why this would maximize profit? Would it be to shield who you are from the competition?

Quote Originally Posted by clault View Post
    Could you explain why this would maximize profit? Would it be to shield who you are from the competition?
    So you can leave the alt parked at the bank on a separate WoW while playing on your main character/acct. If you are in a market like gems/glyphs (and on a crowded server) you are going to want to use TSM to constantly check your auctions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by clault View Post
    Well if you want/aim to cover several markets, you usually smelt bars, crush ore, cut gems, mill flowers, produce glyphs, disenchant jewelry and so on.
    If you take this AH stuff "serious", you WILL be busy several hours a day.
    I usually sell 700-800 gems per day which means I have to produce and cut 800 raw gems. This is only one market.
    In these hours you are busy and restocking and producing stuff, so you won't be able to watch the AH and cancel/relist stuff with only one account/char which slows you down and cuts down your margins/profit.

I also use a second account to list auctions. There's really nothing to spend gold on unless you're buying CCG mounts/pets or heroic runs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marema View Post
    I also use a second account to list auctions. There's really nothing to spend gold on unless you're buying CCG mounts/pets or heroic runs.
    The black market is a gold sink like no other, dear friend!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Try to be patient most of the time, I've been doing it, but really wanna sell my pets, least I can wait till my realm is connected

Hello MMO-Champ, I am BRAND new to the AH so I am in need of some help. I am looking to control one market so I can learn the basics then slowly move up to 4-5 markets under me.
    At least you have ambition.