Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    But the new movie was not a "prequel", it was a reboot. The reboot just happens to take place in a new timeline because of the events. In quantum physics, the original timeline still exists. It's like saying Smallville was a Prequel for the Superman movies staring Christopher Reeves. Anyone who watched the show would see it was nothing like the comics, or the movies, and did its best to dance around certain storylines.
    That is my point. Prequels you tie your hands, with a reboot you dont do it as such. The writers wanted a reboot of the original and to do that would mean thinking of a way to explain that story.

Polishing the foot I plan to park in Blizzard's ass
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    That is my point. Prequels you tie your hands, with a reboot you dont do it as such. The writers wanted a reboot of the original and to do that would mean thinking of a way to explain that story.
    Honeslty, I might enjoy a Steampunk/Cyberpunk version of WoW, set 8k years in the future. All the races we have, and 1/2 races in between. We already have a Human and Gnome married in the game, I would be curious to see the offspring of half races, and make it all techno based with some magic behind it. Something like Cyberpunk meets D&D. I would totally play a Gnome Data runner.

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    While I often agree that prequels limit the story, I don't really think that's the case when the prequel is set over 10,000 years prior to the main series. Most of the characters in present day WoW wouldn't be alive, meaning whole new characters and storylines but with just enough continuity to keep that WoW feeling. It's like how the Lord of The Rings and the Silmarillion aren't prequels or sequels to one another (depending on whether we're going by writing or publication order) - they're simply two works in the same setting but that happen to take place in different eras.
    Disclaimer: No I'm not Alliance. I reserve the right to bat for both factions thank you very much.