Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Ele Shaman Vs Monk rare mob

Seriously wtf is this? I run from the Spinning kick, have to interrupt the heal, and then it just spams Chi Blast and kills me. There's literally nothing I can do. Ele needs a buff in utility. Grounding totem is useless.
    Last edited by Dormie; 2014-02-05 at 11:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You have to stay in melee range, regardless of your class, to keep Chi Blast from killing you (it is only cast if the target is out of melee range). The only exception, as you've pointed out, is running from the spinning crane kick. After that's over, right back in melee range.

you can kick the monk with thunderstorm away from you when he is spinning. also earthgrab totem is good here.
    rest of time stay in mid range, it don't have to be melee. if you see him cast chi blast run near them so it doesn't happen again.
    by the way stun totem should also work. or pe earth elemental stun.

Quote Originally Posted by Tylai View Post
    You have to stay in melee range, regardless of your class, to keep Chi Blast from killing you (it is only cast if the target is out of melee range). The only exception, as you've pointed out, is running from the spinning crane kick. After that's over, right back in melee range.
    This. You can also capacitor totem the kick if you place it early (they tend to cast about 6 seconds into melee combat so jusst place after 3 and use sham rage)
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    Seriously wtf is this? I run from the Spinning kick, have to interrupt the heal, and then it just spams Chi Blast and kills me. There's literally nothing I can do. Ele needs a buff in utility. Grounding totem is useless.
    They don't need a buff, You just need to learn what you're fighting, the Pandaren rares will kill you with Chi-blast if you get too far, that's just what they do

They still do need tweaking. Most abilities are useless relative to the other classes. And grounding totem works when it wants to.
    Last edited by Dormie; 2014-02-05 at 12:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They still do need tweaking. Most abilities are useless against half the classes.
    Like what?

Stay roughly in mele range.
    Snare totem / frost shock / roots totem / stun totem / Tstorm all help with Spinning kick. Just kite away slightly out of range and get back into mele quick after it finishes casting.
    Save Windshear for heal. (/stopcasting macro works wonders here)

Unless you are in quest greens, you should be able to just pop all your cooldowns and go to town on them, easily killing them before they manage to get to a second heal / spinning crane kick phase.

Deleted
    They still do need tweaking. Most abilities are useless relative to the other classes. And grounding totem works when it wants to.
    Stop talking Bs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dotmore View Post
    Stop talking Bs.
    Go compare the spellbooks. They've always been lacking.

Eh, about the only thing that shaman lack is a relatively short cooldown stun / disorient effect that isnt completely gimmicky (like capacitor totem). Having a stun / disorient makes the panda rares stupidly easy. I literally laugh every time I find one spawned up on my Ret Paladin or Rogue because I can lock them down so completely that the only thing they can do is mele me.

10+ Year Old Account
    What would you suggest adding? Regarding PvP, they already have a stun, a knockback, and a ranged interrupt on a short CD. Lots of classes would kill for two of those, let alone all three. And regarding PvE, I personally don't play an ele shaman, but I watch my husband play his and am left in awe by how much DPS he manages to pull, especially the burst DPS. I don't think they're lacking at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Tylai View Post
    What would you suggest adding? Regarding PvP, they already have a stun, a knockback, and a ranged interrupt on a short CD. Lots of classes would kill for two of those, let alone all three. And regarding PvE, I personally don't play an ele shaman, but I watch my husband play his and am left in awe by how much DPS he manages to pull, especially the burst DPS. I don't think they're lacking at all.
    - Damn near every single ranged caster has a Ranged interupt. Though windshear seems to trade Range for a shorter cooldown (windshear being 25 yards while all the rest are 40).
    - not a lot of casters have knockbacks as good as Thunderstorm, but they all have "methods" of keeping you away, be it roots, snares, slows etc, blinks, disengage, etc.
    - Calling Capacitor totem a "stun" is laughable, considering that it is not "on demand", but has a windup time, which makes it almost useless for anything in PvE on a random timer, and just about equally useless in PvP when anyone who isnt a drooling imbicile can juke it without any effort at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    - Damn near every single ranged caster has a Ranged interupt. Though windshear seems to trade Range for a shorter cooldown (windshear being 25 yards while all the rest are 40).
    - not a lot of casters have knockbacks as good as Thunderstorm, but they all have "methods" of keeping you away, be it roots, snares, slows etc, blinks, disengage, etc.
    - Calling Capacitor totem a "stun" is laughable, considering that it is not "on demand", but has a windup time, which makes it almost useless for anything in PvE on a random timer, and just about equally useless in PvP when anyone who isnt a drooling imbicile can juke it without any effort at all.
    Im sorry but capacitator totem is a stun you just need to l2p. This whole thread is either a troll or you just really need to get better.
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).

Quote Originally Posted by Chrispotter View Post
    Im sorry but capacitator totem is a stun you just need to l2p. This whole thread is either a troll or you just really need to get better.
    More like you need to L2P to get out of it. The only way to hit someone with a cap is combined with other CC, stun adding to DR, snare being freedomed, etc.
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Chrispotter View Post
    Quick, you are up against a PvE monster who casts an instant death spell with a 2 second cast timer, that cant be interupted / silenced, but you can stun it. It has no leadup animation, and can be cast at any time. Teach me how to interupt that with Capacitor totem without being fucking psychic.

Hell, lets give you a leg up. The spell has a 3 second cast timer, and you are using the capacitor totem glyph. Unless you have a freaking direct link to the WoW servers with 0 ping, you still wouldnt be able to interupt the cast with capacitor totem without being psychic.....

It isnt a L2P issue, its an issue that while Capacitor totem is a "stun", it is so gimmicky as to be almost completely useless compared to every other stun in the game.

For pretty much every other class in the game with a stun, the above scenario would go like follows:
    - Roll Face on Keyboard. Hit stun when cast bar pops up. The end.

For a shaman?
    - Shaman Dies
    Last edited by Surfd; 2014-02-05 at 01:01 PM.

chi burst is a ranged spell only so if you stay in melee and use your stuns right you can stop it from casting anything.

usually i just stand in melee range, run from spinning bird kick and when it stops, thats usually when it starts casting something. if you are fast enough and get back into melee range after the kick it will cast a heal and u can interupt/stun it and ur done. if he starts casting chi burst, find some los or interrupt it or else rare > you.

pro tip : knockbacks will stop casting.
    Last edited by Not Againnn; 2014-02-05 at 01:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Not Againnn View Post
    chi burst is a ranged spell only so if you stay in melee and use your stuns right you can stop it from casting anything..
    Chi burst also actually has a minimum range as well. If they start casting it and you run back into range quick enough, they will stop casting it and move on to their next ability / attack.

Uh-huh. Ele shamans can interrupt as well as stun with capacitor. You're also not supposed to get a chi-burst, as others have mentioned. This just seems like baseless whining.

The only dps spec that has the right to complain about the pandaren monk rare is shadow priest, and that's because those guys have a 45 sec cooldown on their interrupt and fears don't work on rares. Anyone else who complains needs to reevaluate and educate themselves on how to dps and handle mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    Uh-huh. Ele shamans can interrupt as well as stun with capacitor. You're also not supposed to get a chi-burst, as others have mentioned. This just seems like baseless whining.

The only dps spec that has the right to complain about the pandaren monk rare is shadow priest, and that's because those guys have a 45 sec cooldown on their interrupt and fears don't work on rares. Anyone else who complains needs to reevaluate and educate themselves on how to dps and handle mechanics.
    noone has right to complain since you won't see 2 heals in 450+ gear.