Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    Go compare the spellbooks. They've always been lacking.
    You can't just say it's lacking and then reply by saying "look in the spell books and compare". Constructive criticism is fine, but you need to back it up with actual examples to give everyone a true idea of what you're talking about.

my ele shaman has had no issues solo'in any pandaria rares it's simple a case of learn to play, as long as you're in melee range they will just spin kick and not chi burst, in that case you can just lightning bolt on the move while out running the spin kick, no grounding or stuns or tricky shit needed.

please don't tell me my spec is bad because you're a terrible player.

what's next elemental is bad at brawler's guild?

These rare mobs are extremely easy to deal with. A lot of people explain how they work, but the best advice you can get is run from spinning crane kick, interrupt heal, and if it starts casting chi blast, that means you're too far away, so run in melee range. Ele doesn't need a utility buff, you just need to do the mechanics of the rare mob properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    my ele shaman has had no issues solo'in any pandaria rares it's simple a case of learn to play, as long as you're in melee range they will just spin kick and not chi burst, in that case you can just lightning bolt on the move while out running the spin kick, no grounding or stuns or tricky shit needed.

please don't tell me my spec is bad because you're a terrible player.

what's next elemental is bad at brawler's guild?
    Maybe you shouldn't be so proud of 'your' lackluster spec. I admit I didn't know about the Melee range with that particular mob but that's only because I havnt bothered with the rates on anything other than my warrior until now. Don't conclude that someone is a bad player because they don't know a piece of information, with the same logic I could call you a stupid person because you don't know how to fix a car engine.

It's really not a secret or conspiracy though, Ele especially is pretty bland relative to other DPS casters.
    Last edited by Dormie; 2014-02-06 at 07:31 AM.

Rofl. Ele is god mode for solo pve. You just need some more experience.

They still do need tweaking. Most abilities are useless relative to the other classes. And grounding totem works when it wants to.
    you have no clue about ele shammies at all, they have plenty utility, good healing and very good dps, they have aoe roots, aoe stun, knockback, can dispell themselves, an intertupt not on too long a cooldown, also grounding totem, healing tide totem, stormlash, great personal cooldowns for massive burst and good sustained, also pets that deal a good amount of damage, not to mention good personal cooldowns for survival, not to mention they can cast while moving and have another cooldown to cast all spells while moving.

Learn to play the class properly before whinning about a class that has pretty much everything you could want in a class.

That rare is so easy to solo as any class, i did it on a monk at lvl 86 with no problems at all.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2014-02-09 at 05:28 AM.

Maybe you shouldn't be so proud of 'your' lackluster spec. I admit I didn't know about the Melee range with that particular mob but that's only because I havnt bothered with the rates on anything other than my warrior until now. Don't conclude that someone is a bad player because they don't know a piece of information, with the same logic I could call you a stupid person because you don't know how to fix a car engine.
    you could if i went on a car forum and said, OMFG CAR ENGINES ARE SO STUPID, DESIGN BETTER ONES.

but alas i did not therefore my original statement stands, you're a bad elemental shaman please don't cry for unneeded buffs.

if you said, i am having troubles with monk rares as elemental shaman, how are you guys handling these rares? any tips? i would of happily offered advice.

I still stand by what I said. The abilities we have are clunky, gimmicky, can be negated by half the classes. The damage might be high, but that, purge and knockback are really the only thing that makes the spec attractive. PvP has been a joke for a while anyways so it's all moot.
    Last edited by Dormie; 2014-02-11 at 12:04 AM.

Pathetic thread

L2P case. Ask advices instead of blaming the tool you are using to reach your destination, or what have you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stand in melee range and run away when he/she does spinning kick? No need to even stun it, run, they cannae cast Chi Burst while spinning kicking, and if they do start to cast it after it ends, you can interrupt that one while running back into melee range.

People complain about every class having the same abilities, then people complain when their class doesn't have xx ability the one time it might be useful >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Dookles View Post
    Rofl. Ele is god mode for solo pve. You just need some more experience.
    God mode? Really? I remember my elemental shaman in pre-raid gear doing Golden Lotus dailies and it was fantastically crappy. I'm guessing you actually meant "being over-geared" when you said "ele." My mage was at least twice as powerful in the same gear, even though I have more experience playing the shaman.

And to the guy who said you'll never see a second heal in 450+ on any DPS spec, my then-460 balance druid begs to differ. I had to let one heal go and then interrupt the second one (basically giving myself double the cooldown of the heal) to bring the stupid panda down.

Yes, the OP was wrong about the pandas as Elemental has more than enough tools to deal with, but anyone who thinks Elemental is "god mode" or does "very good DPS" is just as wrong.

Ele shammy needs buffs?

What?

Someone better call the Challenge Mode police and arrest all the top rated teams on every server. Lust, Knockback, Shortest interrupt CD in the game, movement speed buff, amazing AOE, offhealing utility via healing stream totem and healing rain (without considering actual casted heals), etc etc.

I could go on, but there is no point. Ele shammies are amazing, you just aren't doing it right. Wanting to rebalance a class because one guy doesn't know how to solo rare mobs is stupid.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post
    Ele shammy needs buffs?

What?
    Elemental is as good as it's ever been, right now and still mediocre with a dozen problems lurking right below the surface. It does, in fact, need a single-target DPS buff for PvE. It's been a while since I was in blues, so some of the recent buffs might have helped, but solo-PvE in 5.0.4 was worse on Elemental than any other character I played except my balance druid in resto gear.

Someone better call the Challenge Mode police and arrest all the top rated teams on every server. Lust, Knockback, Shortest interrupt CD in the game, movement speed buff, amazing AOE, offhealing utility via healing stream totem and healing rain (without considering actual casted heals), etc etc.
    Healing rain has a cast time and HST incurs a GCD. Dropping them in combat is a non-negligible DPS loss, just like casting chain heal or healing surge. All four of which are extremely bad at their jobs (unless you talent conductivity or Rushing streams). Elemental's off-healing strength is mostly ancestral guidance and HTT and even with those, shadow priests and balance druids generally do better off-healing when they want to. Amazing AoE? 4-5 targets isn't AoE. Our only actual AoE is thunderstorm and lolquake. Half of the reason elemental gets taken to CMs is for the package of buffs it brings (heroism, stormlash, spell power, mastery and spell haste) and the other half is chain lightning. None of that makes it "god mode" in solo PvE and none of it makes Elemental do "very good" personal DPS.

I could go on, but there is no point. Ele shammies are amazing, you just aren't doing it right. Wanting to rebalance a class because one guy doesn't know how to solo rare mobs is stupid.
    Elemental isn't "amazing" for anything besides challenge modes and is only viable at all for end-game PvE because of multiple band aids. No one except the OP asked for rebalancing the class because he didn't know how to solo a rare mob, but I really doubt any of you saying Elemental is "amazing" have ever played the spec.

Deleted
    I still stand by what I said. The abilities we have are clunky, gimmicky, can be negated by half the classes. The damage might be high, but that, purge and knockback are really the only thing that makes the spec attractive. PvP has been a joke for a while anyways so it's all moot.
    Ele has been a T1 caster since s12.
    Although it is not as strong this patch, it is still better than every other caster bar mage.
    Ele got its require pvp buffs in the form of Shamanistic Rage & Lightning shield glyph. If anything, Ele is a little too tanky now.

Quote Originally Posted by Adhemar View Post
    Elemental isn't "amazing" for anything besides challenge modes and is only viable at all for end-game PvE because of multiple band aids. No one except the OP asked for rebalancing the class because he didn't know how to solo a rare mob, but I really doubt any of you saying Elemental is "amazing" have ever played the spec.
    brawler's guild? i had that place cleared on rank 8 like realm 2nd, and rank 10 in an hour or 2, that's solo play, i was also solo'in the biggest devilsaurs as elemental, sure it's no blood dk or prot pala brewmaster etc, but i find it a very strong dps solo class.

brawler's guild?
    Fair enough. I didn't really consider brawler's guild but you have a point. I still wouldn't call it "god mode" though.

i was also solo'in the biggest devilsaurs as elemental, sure it's no blood dk or prot pala brewmaster etc, but i find it a very strong dps solo class.
    Do you think hunters or warlocks had problems doing that?

Quote Originally Posted by Adhemar View Post
    Do you think hunters or warlocks had problems doing that?
    Not likely since they have derp-mode pets with AI that does all the work for them, and take less AoE damage so they're effectively immune to half the mechanics.

OT: Ele has it easy with the Monk rares just learn to fight them like others have said - I believe the only class who would find it "hard" (and again only whilst levelling) would be... Priest due to the long CD on Silence?
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2014-02-11 at 05:54 PM.

They still do need tweaking. Most abilities are useless relative to the other classes. And grounding totem works when it wants to.
    Not sure if joking.... or actually serious.... do you even Elemental?

As for utility, do you use healing totem? There's 2 healing totems, stormlash totem, and a spell that heals based on damage you do. If you're talking utility, Shamans definitely have a bit to throw out there.

Back to the original point you made regarding the Monk rare, the people above me are on the money. You all you have to do is stay within 30 yds, run from the spinning kick, and interrupt the heals. You have ghostwolf to run away, just stay within that 30yds so you don't get Chi'd to death.

Wh...at? O_o

This thread makes no sense, elemental shamans have the perfect tools for soloing rare mobs - short-cd interrupt, ground/capacitor for avoiding other stuff, slow(/talented root) for getting range as well as thunderstorm, not to mention fire/earth elementals and a bunch of other stuff (very powerful heals, heroism, etc). Have you tried killing those same mobs on e.g. a shadow priest or a balance druid? It's a nightmare, if you don't have the gear for it you might as well not bother while as a shaman you can still burn them down slowly even if your gear is bad.
    Last edited by Eliot123; 2014-02-11 at 11:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Quick, you are up against a PvE monster who casts an instant death spell with a 2 second cast timer, that cant be interupted / silenced, but you can stun it. It has no leadup animation, and can be cast at any time. Teach me how to interupt that with Capacitor totem without being fucking psychic.

Hell, lets give you a leg up. The spell has a 3 second cast timer, and you are using the capacitor totem glyph. Unless you have a freaking direct link to the WoW servers with 0 ping, you still wouldnt be able to interupt the cast with capacitor totem without being psychic.....

It isnt a L2P issue, its an issue that while Capacitor totem is a "stun", it is so gimmicky as to be almost completely useless compared to every other stun in the game.

For pretty much every other class in the game with a stun, the above scenario would go like follows:
    - Roll Face on Keyboard. Hit stun when cast bar pops up. The end.

For a shaman?
    - Shaman Dies
    Except theres not a single solo fight out there that does that, so its a non-issues. I have solod every single rare, except the warbringers, on my shaman with no problem.

Now, you talking about class mechanics imbalance? It is nearly IMPOSSIBLE to solo a monk as a spriest without gear. You basically have to burn it down before it can cast the 3rd heal, as you have NO way to interupt that 3rd heal.

Also, OP, you are coming across as "WAAAH I DONT KNOW HOW TO PLAY BUFF ME" kinda whining.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.