Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
  1. #41
    Legendary! Spl4sh3r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    6,731
    They should make a Pet Battle Tournament, not like Celestial ones though since that isn't really a tournament. More like the Pokemon Gym Battle thing

  2. #42
    The Insane Wildtree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Iowa - Franconia
    Posts
    15,374
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    While I agree 1k was alot back then, there were more expensive items... like the Chopper. 17k in mats. By today's standard, 50k could be a reasonable price. Though at that price, just to pet battle, very few of us would likely ever buy it. I would... but not sure about others.
    I totally understand where you are coming from
    I just approach it differently. I believe the item would be way too powerful. It would open a lot of ways for exploitations. And therefore the price should be very steep. Now that I think of it... it may be a perfect item for the BMAH. There, items some players really really want go up to insane high prices.
    Like I really really wanted a brawler's guild invitation. Paid almost 70k for mine, and was happy to snatch it that cheap. Since most went for up to 300k. Was it worth spending that gold? Hell no... lol
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Edoran View Post
    It's funny how certain people want "opinions" and "discussion" but only when such discussion agrees with their stance. You have multiple people in here telling you why they don't like your idea without being rude and personal, and you just keep blasting them.

    And as for the idea that any dissenting opinion is trying to make everyone play the game in one individual's way, isn't that what ANY idea like yours is? Any type of change on this scale changes the way people play the game. Sometimes the game changes in a way that benefits you, sometimes you don't. I would never personally spend the hours per day you seem to battling every single pet tamer, but that's your prerogative. Doesn't mean anyone who disagrees with your idea to make YOUR daily routine easier is encroaching on your gameplay.

    Maybe immersion was the wrong word. I've been playing this game a while, like you seem to have been, so I've seen plenty of the world. Do I particularly enjoy flying all over the place to do dailies? No. But would I rather sit in a city and queue up all day or just mash a button to appear on another continent instantly? No.

    But to each his own.
    I want valid opinion and discussion. "Herp derp, just fly there or don't do it" is not discussion. It is the ramblings of a retard. If you oppose the idea, that is great. Tell me why you oppose it, or what you might do differently. Wildtree opposed it, and after some discussion, I have been swayed to see his point of view. It is not "my way or you're wrong". You need to read everything before making an INFORMED response.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    I totally understand where you are coming from
    I just approach it differently. I believe the item would be way too powerful. It would open a lot of ways for exploitations. And therefore the price should be very steep. Now that I think of it... it may be a perfect item for the BMAH. There, items some players really really want go up to insane high prices.
    Like I really really wanted a brawler's guild invitation. Paid almost 70k for mine, and was happy to snatch it that cheap. Since most went for up to 300k. Was it worth spending that gold? Hell no... lol
    Next time you want one, you let me know. Our BMAH is usually 10k for those. I will invite you cross realm and let you grab one

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    They should make a Pet Battle Tournament, not like Celestial ones though since that isn't really a tournament. More like the Pokemon Gym Battle thing
    Or like the Argent Tournament. Maybe put a special ring up there just for pet battles

  4. #44
    Over 9000! Baar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Northern Michigan
    Posts
    9,218
    Quote Originally Posted by Edoran View Post
    Yep, because we need less traveling around the world. Less immersion.

    In a world were mages can teleport you anywhere anyways. Having fast travel is not less immersive. In fact it break immersion having to travel everywhere instead of being able to use a mage to travel.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Moka View Post
    All this bitching...

    Why not just make a stone, for 10k, that teleports you to a Pet Battle Dojo, with all of the trainers already there?

    Do all your dailies, don't have to travel, can't be abused.

    Fuck, was that hard?
    Because then you have the equal opposite of that statement.

    "I have to fly all over x continent/s to do ALL dailies... just lump them all in one spot with the mobs nearby as well. I just don't have the time!"
    At times, the frequent redundancy and stupidity of this forum turns me into an argumentative ass.

    To most of you, I apologize in advance. I will attempt to be nicer.

  6. #46
    Maybe they could implement a situation like they have at Halfhill, but with a twist. Instead of being out in the world, or at the market, Pet battle trainers could be in both places. I think we could clean up the park in SW, and build a battle arena where you can step in and go against each tamer in order. Or put them in a round robin, and battle them in any order. Or even make a pet battle isle, like the Darkmoon Faire and we can go there to face off and do nothing but pet battles. It could be unlocked when you have all tamers beat.

  7. #47
    I am Murloc! Thelxi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    5,636
    Quote Originally Posted by Edoran View Post
    Yep, because we need less traveling around the world. Less immersion.
    In any case it is not people that do pet battle dailies that populate the world in any noticeable way. I pretty much never see another person doing the dailies when I do them.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    In any case it is not people that do pet battle dailies that populate the world in any noticeable way. I pretty much never see another person doing the dailies when I do them.
    This was my sentiment as well.

  9. #49
    Warchief Redpanda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Searching for the Old Gods
    Posts
    2,089
    since when is traveling that big a deal? since when do people do all dalies for pet battles? think you just need to pace your self, doing so much at once then wanting a solution because youre not complacent and on top of it posting it here isnt going to get you far. Post on the blizz forums
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Redpanda View Post
    since when is traveling that big a deal? since when do people do all dalies for pet battles? think you just need to pace your self, doing so much at once then wanting a solution because youre not complacent and on top of it posting it here isnt going to get you far. Post on the blizz forums
    I was simply shooting the breeze and bouncing an idea off fellow players. It does not make or break my experience. I just figured it would make a cool item for people who really are into Pet Battle Dailies like myself. I don't do all of them every day, and am not interested in burning myself out. Just thought it was a cool idea.

  11. #51
    Warchief Redpanda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Searching for the Old Gods
    Posts
    2,089
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    I was simply shooting the breeze and bouncing an idea off fellow players. It does not make or break my experience. I just figured it would make a cool item for people who really are into Pet Battle Dailies like myself. I don't do all of them every day, and am not interested in burning myself out. Just thought it was a cool idea.
    well you come off as very this has to change stance on everything. You made it sound like it was a huge inconvenience. tbh a port to do all the trainers even the low level ones sounds really bland. why are you even doing all those trainers? I hope youre doing just the ones that give bags like you should or even just the panda land trainers and elites where there are some decent rewards. Or you might just have weird habits...who knows. /shrug
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Redpanda View Post
    well you come off as very this has to change stance on everything. You made it sound like it was a huge inconvenience. tbh a port to do all the trainers even the low level ones sounds really bland. why are you even doing all those trainers? I hope youre doing just the ones that give bags like you should or even just the panda land trainers and elites where there are some decent rewards. Or you might just have weird habits...who knows. /shrug
    I think the bigger issue with most forums is people tend to read an OP as a demand/scream/shout/QQ/entitlement/etc. If people could learn to read an OP in a calm voice in their head, rather than as Yosemite Sam, I think there would be fewer assumptions. Also, if you wanna know, just ask. "Hey OP, is this something you are demanding to have developed?" or "I wonder just how serious this topic actually is. Like on a 1-10, 1 being Frodo is reading a book and 10 being in Mordor about to throw the ring in."

    Sorry for the nerd references. I just wanted to cite some samples. Most threads degrade into arguments because no one takes the time to interact and communicate. Everyone reads/interprets it how they choose, usually taking it the wrong way, and then going off about it. Sadly, no amount of perfect composition on a fan site will undo years of jading and assumption

  13. #53
    Over 9000! Baar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Northern Michigan
    Posts
    9,218
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    I would love to have a stone that would open a portal and take me from one Pet Battle Trainer to the next. Then I could hit all my dailies a bit more efficiently. Flying the length of EK, and then Outlands, and then Northrend, then Cata, and then Pandaria is excessive. I would hit them all everyday if it was not a 4 hours process.

    Just a thought. I would gladly spend 1k with a pet trainer to purchase one.

    EDIT: Please be sure to read all the way through. The PoV has changed, but only slightly
    Quote Originally Posted by Redpanda View Post
    well you come off as very this has to change stance on everything. You made it sound like it was a huge inconvenience. tbh a port to do all the trainers even the low level ones sounds really bland. why are you even doing all those trainers? I hope youre doing just the ones that give bags like you should or even just the panda land trainers and elites where there are some decent rewards. Or you might just have weird habits...who knows. /shrug

    I don't understand how you are getting that from the OP.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    I don't understand how you are getting that from the OP.
    Agreed. Had I said, "...and then Pandaria is a huge inconvenience." I might see their point. As it stands, I only mentioned all that flight time as excessive. It's just a lot of flying to get around and do something I enjoy very much

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •