10+ Year Old Account

Garrosh Phase 1 Adds

So I just killed Garrosh on LFR this Week (ilevel 530 atm XP) and during Phase 1 I was picking up the adds, and I kept getting bitched at for not picking them up fast enough yet as soon as they spawned people went absolutely crazy on the adds I wasn't at yet and It was a struggle to pick them up.

I was using Double Charge, Intervene and Heroic Leap to pick them up and I still wasn't fast enough to get to the other pack before people went crazy so yeah. Any advice on picking these adds up? I'm pretty new to this whole tanking thing and could really use some advice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mocking banner works IIRC. DK Gorefiends in really helps too, but GL getting that in LFR.

Deleted
    I have tanked Garrosh in LFR and people scream at everything, you can either charge 1 pack, thunder clap then heroic leap over, or if you can get the other tank to position Garrosh at a certain point so by the time the adds are nearly at Garrosh you can thunderclap and just get them all, although for this you would have to ask for dps to attack then adds when they are at Garrosh instead of before. Personally I don't like trying to take the adds in phase 1 as it is a pain, but I hope this helps.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    right group: charge + Dragons roar
    left group: leap + thunder clap.

banner works. misdirection of hunter/rogue works.

And most of all: Dont give a flying fuck about anything someone in lfr says to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Problem is Taunt Banner has a 3 minute CD. I use it on the first pack on the left then go to the right. After that it feels like a fucking free for all with me trying to restore order ><!

You did fine. Picking up both sides before people go apeshit or before healing aggro calls on the other side is tough in all difficulties, not just LFR. And especially tougher for certain classes. Which is why in normal mode n heroic tanks usually decide between themselves for 1 tank to bring over one side and the Garrosh tank to range aggro the other. Other setups misdirect 1 side.

For future runs you can ask the other tank to pick up the left side while you bring over the right one. Cuz as you may have noticed, the Garrosh tank will inevitably tank all the adds you bring. For an added bonus and some more tanking fun, you can tell him you'll taunt Garrosh when he does the shout (the one that increases all add damage). That will reduce damage on him, especially good if he isn't high geared, afterwhich he still brings his side of the adds while you do your side. Both tanks are vengeanced out, double the fun
    Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's worth knowing that if nobody touches the adds they will run to the middle of the room before they decide to target any players. You've got no chance of that happening in LFR, of course, but worth knowing because the next time some LFR hero says you're bad at your job, you can always tell him that if he didn't hit them they wouldn't aggro, so pipe down!

The best actual way to grab them in LFR, assuming your other tank won't split the job, is to wait by one side for the spawns. Thunderclap them when they come out, then charge garrosh and heroic leap into the second group, then meet in the middle and use your dragon roar/shockwave to keep aggro. Save your mocking banner for if the adds are killed slow and you still have some on you when new ones come, and try to throw it down near biggest cluster of players to pick up as many adds as possible.

It also helps you immensely if the ranged stay bunched up in that phase instead of spreading around the whole room like LFR players tend to do. So if you're having trouble, that's something to try and press for.

Quote Originally Posted by Fractalize View Post
    So I just killed Garrosh on LFR this Week (ilevel 530 atm XP) and during Phase 1 I was picking up the adds, and I kept getting bitched at for not picking them up fast enough yet as soon as they spawned people went absolutely crazy on the adds I wasn't at yet and It was a struggle to pick them up.

I was using Double Charge, Intervene and Heroic Leap to pick them up and I still wasn't fast enough to get to the other pack before people went crazy so yeah. Any advice on picking these adds up? I'm pretty new to this whole tanking thing and could really use some advice.
    I got a macro to fix that

Code:
    /ignore [@mouseover]
    Seriously, unless people are dying, there's no need to bitch at the tanks for not grouping the mobs up in 0.000001 seconds so that they can hit everything with <INSERT IWIN AT AOE BUTTON HERE>

Pick the mobs up, make sure they're not molesting your healers, and ignore the LFR Heroes who think you're somehow gimping their deeps by being too slow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warriors are pretty shit for that, pallies/monks/DKs have it much easier picking those up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

You can also vigi and spam taunt. I think it still gives taunt a cd but it helps.

0.25seconds CD on Taunt while Vigilance is up to be precise.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Your problem is you're tanking LFR. You can't effectively do that with chat enabled. It is full of window-lickers who will do really stupid shit and then blame all of it on the tank.

My guild is currently working on Garrosh 10-Normal. The tanks have phase one down to a science, and we're now wiping to DPS and healers dying to stupid mechanics. I'm the assigned add tank in phase 1, and our DK takes Garrosh. When the adds spawn, I run on foot to the first side, thunderclap, then heroic leap into the other pack and thunderclap again (I don't glyph resonating power so the cooldown is shorter). Once all 6 are gathered I dragon roar or shockwave, depending on which talent I'm trying. If the DK pulls aggro on 3 or more, I tell him I'm taunt Garrosh and to start using his AOE abilities on the adds. He'll have enough vengeance to rip them all off of me while I concentrate on the boss. Then he'll take Garrosh back and I'll get the next set of adds.

You can't do that if the DPS is pulling them off you faster than you can pick them up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Problem is Taunt Banner has a 3 minute CD. I use it on the first pack on the left then go to the right. After that it feels like a fucking free for all with me trying to restore order ><!
    Would be nice if they lowered the CD on this to say... 1 min or less (what Gorefiend's Grasp has).
    The light that burns twice as bright burns for half as long - and you have burned so very, very brightly.

I don't know if it's the best way or not, but I usually end up blade storming first wave, mocking banner on second, and blade storming again for third wave. It works for me and it's rare that any adds get past me at all. As long as the MT keeps Garrosh close to center, and dps give me a quick second to gather them, it's no problem. Granted though, it isn't as easy to get a LFR group to cooperate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chaddd View Post
    Would be nice if they lowered the CD on this to say... 1 min or less (what Gorefiend's Grasp has).
    Jupp, in exchange the banner will get it`s taunt removed just like Gorefiend's Grasp....

Just put a nice raidmarker in the middle of Garrosh's den, tell everybody to stay just there (except the one or two ranged dealing with the engineer) - adds will go for the healers and can easily picked up for there.

Quote Originally Posted by kuroyi View Post
    Jupp, in exchange the banner will get it`s taunt removed just like Gorefiend's Grasp....

Just put a nice raidmarker in the middle of Garrosh's den, tell everybody to stay just there (except the one or two ranged dealing with the engineer) - adds will go for the healers and can easily picked up for there.

Banner doesn't taunt, it's just a 3 second focus. Taunt would imply there was a threat transfer.

At any rate, it's pointless to lower the CD now. In 6.0 vengeance should no longer effect damage (afaik, only a little bit if any), only active mitigation.

Deleted

Its always hard to tank in LFR because most people have no clue what it means to play together as a group.

Anyways .... here some tips:

If you are using the two camp method, try the following:

Skill Bladestorm/Bloodbath
    Before 1. add spawn tank the boss so your rage can go up.
    Jump into the first grp of adds, charge into the second and Thunderclap. Pop Bladestorm/Bloodbath. Noone will get the aggro

For 2. add spawn use mocking banner. Communicate before the try so people are aware that MB has only 10 yds range. they have to move to boss to let MB pick up adds.

3. adds repeat like first wave since BS/BB will be up again.

forth wave you should never see in lfr.
    Last edited by mmoc51b1e9c51e; 2014-02-07 at 06:49 PM.