Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Heroic blackfuse assambly line shadowstep

We use hunter+rogue for all the assambly lines. The hunter gets over the edge of the pipe, disengage over the assambly and then I shadowstep to him.

The problem:

The hunter is well positiones, I am well positioned. The line of sight is fine, we are close enough. Everything is perfect except for the fact that when I try to SS to him I get the "target is obsscured" message.

As you might know cloak and dagger does not work anymore.

Any ideas?

Far as I'm aware, the only ways to do this without getting debuff are hunter disengage and very well timed jumps with nitro boots.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't believe rogues are able shadowstep to the weapons from the top of the pipe (I couldn't).

From a blog post back when CnD was hotfixed

http://redhattedrogue.wordpress.com/...ently-i-think/

"In PvE: Meanwhile, on the Siegecrafter Blackfuse fight in the Siege of Orgrimmar raid, one of the tasks us damage-dealers need to perform involves jumping into a pipe so we can be transported over to a conveyor belt where adds spawn. Adds spawn on the belt every 30 seconds, but we can only use the pipe once every 60 seconds (thanks to a debuff placed on us). A few of you clever roguetypes realized that you could use Cloak and Dagger (but not Shadowstep) to bypass the debuff and teleport directly to an add on the belt. I wouldn’t be surprised if the hotfix resolved that little issue as well."

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Far as I'm aware, the only ways to do this without getting are hunter disengage and very well timed jumps with nitro boots.
    im pretty sure you cant do that jump with nitro belt (and anyways its 3 min cd so you cudnt get on every belt which is the whole point)

monks and boomkins can do it tho. rogues i dont think they can

You cannot do it with shadowstep. You could with cloak and dagger, but it got fixed quite a while ago.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

10+ Year Old Account
    They take all the fun away from us...

wonder why they didnt fix the hunter disengage >_>
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

As others have said, rogues can't do that trick. Only hunters can. Rogues, Monk, and Warlocks used to be able to do it with teleport abilities, but they got fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Daerio View Post
    As others have said, rogues can't do that trick. Only hunters can. Rogues, Monk, and Warlocks used to be able to do it with teleport abilities, but they got fixed.
    I am not shadowstepping to the weapon. I am trying to shadowstep to the hunter. The fun fact is that if you try to do it out of combat you can.

When the hunter and I were practicing before pulling the boss it was all great. The obsscured message showed up during combat.

Quote Originally Posted by Daerio View Post
    Monks can still do it unless they hotfixed it this week... ours did it last week still no problem. Nearly positive a lock could do it still too, but we don't send them so I can't verify.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeh.- View Post
    I am not shadowstepping to the weapon. I am trying to shadowstep to the hunter. The fun fact is that if you try to do it out of combat you can.

When the hunter and I were practicing before pulling the boss it was all great. The obsscured message showed up during combat.
    I know, we tried it too, it just won't work while in combat because there's something like an invisible wall which only prevents targeting.

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

Quote Originally Posted by Sesshou View Post
    Monks can still do it unless they hotfixed it this week... ours did it last week still no problem. Nearly positive a lock could do it still too, but we don't send them so I can't verify.
    Demo does it with Leap, yeah? The teleporter way doesn't work for locks now. It despawns when you jump off.

I believe Boomkins can do it with Wild Charge as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    Demo does it with Leap, yeah? The teleporter way doesn't work for locks now. It despawns when you jump off.

Has anyone attempted KS'ing to the weapons? Seems like a dangerous endeavor and you could probably only do this halfway through the line. Still would be interesting if it worked.

Quote Originally Posted by mongoose6 View Post
    Has anyone attempted KS'ing to the weapons? Seems like a dangerous endeavor and you could probably only do this halfway through the line. Still would be interesting if it worked.
    You could also do it with CoS most likely, but KS has a really short range so it wouldn't really be that useful since you'd basically be doing half the belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post

Oh, could be wrong on locks then. Monk teleport still works. It will despawn if they get too far away, but if you're on belt full time you never need to run far enough to despawn it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluorescent0 View Post
    You could also do it with CoS most likely, but KS has a really short range so it wouldn't really be that useful since you'd basically be doing half the belt.
    I blow AR/SB asap and right before I hit the second laser set, cloak + spree, and you have time to very quickly run through the final lasers with cloak still up. Post nerf, I end up not bothering a lot of times as we still send the same number on the belt. If you're having any difficulty though, KS is more damage in those 3.5 seconds than anything else you could possibly hit, so it is very useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesshou View Post
    I blow AR/SB asap and right before I hit the second laser set, cloak + spree, and you have time to very quickly run through the final lasers with cloak still up. Post nerf, I end up not bothering a lot of times as we still send the same number on the belt. If you're having any difficulty though, KS is more damage in those 3.5 seconds than anything else you could possibly hit, so it is very useful.
    Oh no you probably got what I was saying wrong: using KS to get on the belt, if it works, is probably something not to bother with. I wasn't implying you shouldn't be using KS, as I stated pretty much the opposite in my first post.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluorescent0 View Post
    Oh no you probably got what I was saying wrong: using KS to get on the belt, if it works, is probably something not to bother with. I wasn't implying you shouldn't be using KS, as I stated pretty much the opposite in my first post.
    Yep, I sure did.

They hotfixed the way for rogues to do every belt a month or so after the 5.4 launch. As for killing spree, it's perfectly safe to use on the belt so long as you cloak beforehand. Just be careful on the way back to the boss without cloak to fall back on.

I think you need a second belt team.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jtstormrage View Post
    I think you need a second belt team.
    Rightly so. The fact it took them as long as it did to 'stop' the exploiting among many of the top guilds is embarrassing.

I'd just save SS for jumping over a beam to make it even more of a mindless task. It's kind of funny that you can jump over one and cloak the remaining two to make the line dance trivial altogether.
    Last edited by mmoc577502f578; 2014-02-09 at 12:32 AM.