Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Superman, you keep saying this "snowflake" thing when in reality you are the special snowflake upset that you can't be given rare mounts without hard work. lol

As someone who does have an Ultramarine Battle Tank, I would appreciate the ability to ride the green or red ones around. I pursued that mount because I wanted to ride a bug mount outside of AQ. Increase my options by four and you won't catch me complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Starsoo View Post
    Superman, you keep saying this "snowflake" thing when in reality you are the special snowflake upset that you can't be given rare mounts without hard work. lol
    Ever claim of "special snowflake ignore them" is simply hypocritical. Everybody wants to feel good about themselves and their accomplishments, no matter how big or small. The people who bring up the special snowflake thing just dislike others feeling more accomplished and want to bring them down to their level. How dare they feel more accomplished than me? I don't want to feel behind, so dont let them feel ahead.

If you want to use a Qiraji battle tank outside AQ40, go farm the archaeology mount.

-Faction restrictions should stay.
    -AQ bugs, I don't see a problem with them becoming rideable anywhere.
    -I'd love to be able to use the Seahorse anywhere but this may make it OP like the water strider frankly already is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    -Faction restrictions should stay.
    -AQ bugs, I don't see a problem with them becoming rideable anywhere.
    -I'd love to be able to use the Seahorse anywhere but this may make it OP like the water strider frankly already is.

Why? An Alliance character could easily steal a Horde mount and vice versa. Maybe make people do some extra work to get mounts of the opposite faction?

Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    If you want to use a Qiraji battle tank outside AQ40, go farm the archaeology mount.
    Another way to look at this is that the existence of the Arch mount kind of pokes holes in any argument for the uniqueness of the black mount.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Why? An Alliance character could easily steal a Horde mount and vice versa. Maybe make people do some extra work to get mounts of the opposite faction?
    I think it's part of the faction RP and it makes the rare opposite faction mounts that are available to both factions more interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another way to look at this is that the existence of the Arch mount kind of pokes holes in any argument for the uniqueness of the black mount.

- - - Updated - - -

I think it's part of the faction RP and it makes the rare opposite faction mounts that are available to both factions more interesting.
    Except that Alliance has more horde-only mounts then horde has alliance-only mounts! WAAAAAH! Q.Q

Seriously. Sure, the overall NUMBER of mounts are equal (6 cats, 2 horses, 2 rams, vs 1 dead horse, 1 wolf, 6 raptors, 1 kodo, and 1 hawkstrider), but there is an uneven representation of the TYPES of mounts (alliance has everything but trike, horde doesn't get mechano-strider and elekk.)

Of course, I wouldn't have minded this, UNTIL blizz made the spectral gryphon alliance-only. I've wanted a spectral gryphon mount on my horde characters since classic, when you used spectral gryphons as flightpath mounts in EPL! I was so very very sad when it was made alliance-only.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    I get why mounts were restricted at the time, but now with everything being account wide, and content updated, I think the mount restrictions should be removed. There is no great reason why I should not be able to use my seahorse in any body of water. Same thing with my bug mounts from AQ. Now, I am not saying to change the rules in zones like adding flying to Tol Barad or Ghostlands. I would just like to have the ability to use all of my mounts outside of their original areas.
    But I want to fly in Ghostlands

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Starsoo View Post
    First off, laughing at your own comment when it is not even amusing is just sad. Second, I am not asking to be given a rare mount. I already possess the rare mount. What I wrote, for the literate impaired, is wanting the ability to use mounts I ALREADY HAVE IN MY FUCKING SPELLBOOK outside of the instances/zones to which they are locked. AQ mounts and the Vash'Jir seahorse. Please at least READ the conversation before commenting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Annarion View Post
    The Seahorse was a specific solution to a specific experiment, and is really only intended for that use. There haven't really been other times when I've needed that much speed underwater. Part of staging a quest chain under water is the experience too. I don't jump on the whole "immersion" bandwagon, but questing underwater shouldn't just be the same as questing on land, otherwise what's the point of differentiating the two?

I'm on the fence with the AQ mounts. They don't serve a purpose since all mounts are usable in AQ now, and while I would've left them restricted to preserve the uniqueness of the Black Qiraji Battletank, the addition of the Aquamarine mount really negates that, so it would be fun to see them all used.

I'm not into cross-faction mounts, but I would definitely only use mechanostriders if I could on Horde.
    I should point out.

http://www.warcraftmounts.com/mounts/seaturtle.php

As a mount collector Sure I would love to unlock some of these mounts account wide, I would then get my Achievement and be really happy. But Honestly I like the old Racial Restrictions and and crating Restrictions, personally I would like it if the Sky golem was Engineering only. somethings should have the specialness. I personally have put in a lot of effort to have some of the mounts I have, and would hate it if someone who didn't put in the effort had similar mounts with little or no effort.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are SO many reskins in this game, nothing is really sacred. Raven Lord has a fireversion, Hawkstriders have a white and pink version on alliance, even the touring rocket got a pink make-over. As for the special snowflake, your logic is flawed. You want a handful of people to feel special about their mounts, where I want EVERYONE to feel special about their mounts. If you cannot see the difference, I feel sorry for you.
    I'm all for making mounts account bound (especially the challenge mode phoenixes,) but you seem to be a little confused on what things like skins and models are...

First, there's no "pink hawkstrider" available to the Alliance. There's a pink TALLstrider (the lovebird) that's available to alliance, but uses a different model from the hawkstriders.

And you haven't really proven your point with the "well sometimes they use the same models" anyway. Well of course they do. MOST mounts in the game share models. (Though it's worth noting that the flametalon and Anzu don't actually share the same model... ) The crux here is that mounts usually don't share SKINS. The blue qiraji battle tank and the ultramarine qiraji battletank share the same SKIN and MODEL. In essence, they are exactly identical, excepting for the fact that the blue one can only be used in AQ 40. Pretty shitty to have your mount that takes a lot of grinding from Archaeology to be replaced by a mount that drops off trash like candy. It's equally quite the kick in the teeth that people that bought the Savage raptor from the TCG have the EXACT same model and skin appearance in the red primal raptor.

So if you want to kick in the AQ mounts in to everyone, that's just peachy keen... just differentiate the blue battle tank from the ultramarine battle tank visually.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

- - - Updated - - -

Then part of the faction RP could also be that both factions can steal each other's mounts. I mean.. it's realistically possible, but for an arbitrary reason, you're blocked out from it. It's more anti-RP than it is 'RP'.

Especially if they were to make you do certain things to be able to ride the opposite faction's mounts instead of just making them available.

I don't care much about the AQ mounts but it would be nice to have them usable outside AQ, what really is bugging me is the seahorse.

Deleted
    First off, laughing at your own comment when it is not even amusing is just sad. Second, I am not asking to be given a rare mount. I already possess the rare mount. What I wrote, for the literate impaired, is wanting the ability to use mounts I ALREADY HAVE IN MY FUCKING SPELLBOOK outside of the instances/zones to which they are locked. AQ mounts and the Vash'Jir seahorse. Please at least READ the conversation before commenting.
    http://www.warcraftmounts.com/mounts...edseahorse.php Poseidus is a rare spawn in the Abyssal Depths, Shimmering Expanse. This mount can be ridden in any body of water but cannot be used on land.

http://www.warcraftmounts.com/mounts...battletank.php Crafted with Archaeology

Are we all happy now? the mounts in question can't be used outside of their zone because of how you acquire them.

They reason you can't use them outside of their zone is because they are designed to make exploring the zones faster. If you want to use that same mount outside of the zone you can "FARM" the same skin that does the same thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fungj View Post
    I don't care much about the AQ mounts but it would be nice to have them usable outside AQ, what really is bugging me is the seahorse.
    The seahorse was a free mount. thus not used outside of the zone.

the AQ mount is the one of the only ones left that are worth showing off... and perhaps the one from naxx10/25 before they removed it. thats about it

they should remain as they are.. rare

Deleted
    It would be cool if AQ mounts were usuable outside of AQ but with some restrictions - like for example only at desert/sand areas.

Seahorse should be usable only in salt water

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Quelxes View Post
    It would be cool if AQ mounts were usuable outside of AQ but with some restrictions - like for example only at desert/sand areas.

And fire mounts should dismount you if it rains

Bats should only be used at night

Tigers should only be used if in a party and everyone has one.

Deleted
    Class / Faction should stay restricted.
    All other restrictions should be lifted though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quelxes View Post

Not sure why you... and a handful of others prefer leaving restrictions in place? If the Aqua battle tank can go anywhere, and the Reins of Posiedus work in any body of water, why would these not as well? Not sure, even in RP, someone will run up to me at a lake and yell, "Hey, shouldn't he be in salt water?" Stop limiting the gameplay potential and expand your mind.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wowaccounttom View Post
    the AQ mount is the one of the only ones left that are worth showing off... and perhaps the one from naxx10/25 before they removed it. thats about it

they should remain as they are.. rare
    They will always be rare... now, they will just be unshackled from 10 year old content. This is like saying the Zulian Tiger is only ridable in ZG, or Skaadi's blue proto drake is only ridable inside HEROIC Utgarde Keep. It makes no sense now (and didn't really even make sense then).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    So you want them to change some rules but not others? There are 2 different AQ style mounts that can be used outside AQ. Likewise there are 2 different water mounts you can get to use outside Vash. Go farm them up if you want to use one outside those areas so badly.
    I want them to change all the rules and stop gating things we already have behind content we never use.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by T Man View Post
    the mounts in question can't be used outside of their zone because of how you acquire them.

They reason you can't use them outside of their zone is because they are designed to make exploring the zones faster.
    The reason they cannot be used OUTSIDE of the zone is because Blizz never allowed it. Likely to do with content at the time. The content, even for the seahorse is no longer current. All other prior content has since been soloable and nerfed. These mounts need to be removed from the gating of outdated content and brought into the world.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    So if you want to kick in the AQ mounts in to everyone, that's just peachy keen... just differentiate the blue battle tank from the ultramarine battle tank visually.
    I even said, change the color on the skin and add a silver armor plating, or some other such unique upgrade. This way the battletank is MORE rare than the AQ mount and snowflakes with the battletank will not have their status threatened.