PvP Life As Ranged

Oh boy did 2.6 change quality of life for PvP ranged players and especially Sorcerer...the game got killed for those players...Warriors are a dime a dozen and the rest are stealth builds...root into stun into root into death...

10+ Year Old Account
    Huh? Are you saying sorcerers are horrible now? I'm just in the process of leveling one

Quote Originally Posted by Emfg View Post
    Huh? Are you saying sorcerers are horrible now? I'm just in the process of leveling one
    Sorcerers are not bad at all, unless all you want to do is ranked 4vs4. Yes, the dot spec is better due to mobility, but that is the case for for all casters in all MMOs ever. This is just a pure qq thread just like the ones on the official forums because people saw the words "scrapper/operative" and "buff" in the same sentence, without really knowing how a scrapper plays and what the changes do (a slight increase on the opener and smoothing the rng of their sustained dmg). If you like the sorcerer and you don't intend to do ranked pvp exclusively, then just stick to it and have fun.

Sorcerer is not bad now at all, its really fun, the issue is the amount of control in this game is more than any other game I know of which is pretty much anti ranged. Roots and snares are off resolve and warrior for example has tons of roots. With the buff to Operative Concealment and the damage boost to Vengeance Warrior and the already high number of those builds in PvP 2.6 made it even more of a nightmare if you are a solo ranged player in WZ's!

It seems every class balance BW does is PvE focused and its ok of PvP gets a little wonky because of it...Thing is if you are a Sorcerer quality of life is going down with every balance patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ehh.. I actually am kind of planning on doing ranked PvP. Is it a wrong decision to play sorcerer then? I enjoy both melee and ranged and I already have a lvl 36 sith assassin, but I don't really enjoy the playstyle.

I enjoy being mobile, bursty and having much CC. What is the class to be suggested then? :S

10+ Year Old Account
    Well don't roll a FotM class unless you actually enjoy the class. As is the case with MMO's, every patch there is a new FotM whether true or due to popular "perception". Honestly if you are enjoying Sorc, then keep playing it. You never know what the scene will look like when you hit max level. And, of course, you aren't locked into one class for the rest of your life either.

Quote Originally Posted by Emfg View Post
    I enjoy being mobile, bursty and having much CC.
    So does everyone else.

So in the end it only took 10 days of qq to have BW announcing they will badly nerf scrappers with the removal of the knock-down from Shoot First. I guess it should be expected, 2.7 is released the same week as TESO and if enough "whales" of the cartel market complained that scrappers were even present on a pvp map then this is inevitable.