Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Is the infinite dragonflight over ?

    I mean, now that we defeated Murozond, does this mean we wont ever have to face the infinite dragonflight ?
    Or will he come back through wibbly wobbly timey whimey ways ?
    Requests : Open | Deviantart

  2. #2
    Herald of the Titans Lord Pebbleton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Pebbleton Family Castle.
    Posts
    2,909
    I think the second.
    Since we have killed him in End Time, that was another dimension, but Murozond is the same for every reality just like Nozdormu (eh) and so he will be killed by us when we go to the future where Deathwing is impaled and didn't become a handful of sparkles somehow and we will collect our level 85 loot even if by then we will be level 170.

    ...or something...

  3. #3
    End Time was the result of the Hour of Twilight occurring. Since that threat was removed, that future is no longer relevant.

    However, Nozdormu is no longer empowered as an Aspect, so I'm not sure if Murozond is even capable of making the Infinite Dragonflight anymore.

    Shameless self-promotion: long before Hour of Twilight, I came up with an idea on how the Infinite Dragonflight would be born. Check out this old thread
    Garth Brooks convinced me it's not living if I stand outside the fire
    Impact of Stat Squish on Heirloom Weapons

  4. #4
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Liverpool, Merseyside
    Posts
    4,393
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    End Time was the result of the Hour of Twilight occurring. Since that threat was removed, that future is no longer relevant.

    However, Nozdormu is no longer empowered as an Aspect, so I'm not sure if Murozond is even capable of making the Infinite Dragonflight anymore.

    Shameless self-promotion: long before Hour of Twilight, I came up with an idea on how the Infinite Dragonflight would be born. Check out this old thread
    I thought there was only 1 Nozdormu to look after EVERY timeline so the one in end time is still our Nozdormu just in the future of his own time stream?

    I still think his descent into madness with come in WoD with the death of his consort

  5. #5
    I honestly.. felt that the infinite dragonflight kinda looked Sha Corrupted.. Maybe it was just me.. but I have a feeling the bronze dragonflight is gonna do something with the Sha.. who knows.

  6. #6
    Nozdormu was never the creator of the infinite dragonflight, he went in search of who it was and ended up corrupted, More than likely it is Kairoz the bronze dragon on the timeless isle, who is obsessed with trying to alter time by using the Epoch Stones (Think Epoch Hunter), who just so happens to be interested in Garrosh, His "Pride" will be what ends up creating the Infinite Dragonflight.

    Blizzard already said that "Garrosh will get the help of a bronze dragon he met on the Timeless Isle" I honestly believe this next expansion will showcase the Infinite Dragonflight AND the creation of the Burning Legion.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerisot View Post
    Nozdormu was never the creator of the infinite dragonflight, he went in search of who it was and ended up corrupted, More than likely it is Kairoz the bronze dragon on the timeless isle, who is obsessed with trying to alter time by using the Epoch Stones (Think Epoch Hunter), who just so happens to be interested in Garrosh, His "Pride" will be what ends up creating the Infinite Dragonflight.

    Blizzard already said that "Garrosh will get the help of a bronze dragon he met on the Timeless Isle" I honestly believe this next expansion will showcase the Infinite Dragonflight AND the creation of the Burning Legion.
    They straight up said it was Kairoz helping Garrosh.
    Originally Posted by Tom Chilton
    You're here to defeat the Iron Horde. These guys have found a way—as a result of Kairozdormu and his involvement—to connect this world of Draenor of 35 years in the past... have that portal get built up and connect to our time. And we have an imminent invasion. (Source)
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)

    ´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?
    ...as much have some have wished otherwise, yes. (Loreology)

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerisot View Post
    Nozdormu was never the creator of the infinite dragonflight, he went in search of who it was and ended up corrupted, More than likely it is Kairoz the bronze dragon on the timeless isle, who is obsessed with trying to alter time by using the Epoch Stones (Think Epoch Hunter), who just so happens to be interested in Garrosh, His "Pride" will be what ends up creating the Infinite Dragonflight.

    Blizzard already said that "Garrosh will get the help of a bronze dragon he met on the Timeless Isle" I honestly believe this next expansion will showcase the Infinite Dragonflight AND the creation of the Burning Legion.
    According to that quest in Dragonblight you go on with Chromie, he's their leader. She was confused about it at the time.

    Granted, that doesn't necessarily mean he *created* them, but still.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    They straight up said it was Kairoz helping Garrosh.
    Originally Posted by Tom Chilton
    You're here to defeat the Iron Horde. These guys have found a way—as a result of Kairozdormu and his involvement—to connect this world of Draenor of 35 years in the past... have that portal get built up and connect to our time. And we have an imminent invasion. (Source)
    I did not read that one, I only remember what they said at Blizzcon, but I would say that pretty much confirms my theory. :P

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Knarg View Post
    According to that quest in Dragonblight you go on with Chromie, he's their leader. She was confused about it at the time.

    Granted, that doesn't necessarily mean he *created* them, but still.
    Well yeah, he is "The Father" He will always be their leader even if he isn't in charge, Think of Thrall, he created the Horde, but isn't currently leading it.

  10. #10
    Old God Frozenbeef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Uk - England
    Posts
    10,767
    Do we ever have a conclusion to a story? :S The only one i can think of is deathwing due to literally 4 and a 1/2 aspects and two ancient artifacts and an entire raid attacking him >.<

    Kj is still out there, bolvar and the scourge and doing who knows what, the elemental lords are either rebuilding, fighting druids or being tortued by naga, garrosh is going to be free to try another team rocket plan etc...

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerisot View Post
    Nozdormu was never the creator of the infinite dragonflight, he went in search of who it was and ended up corrupted, More than likely it is Kairoz the bronze dragon on the timeless isle, who is obsessed with trying to alter time by using the Epoch Stones (Think Epoch Hunter), who just so happens to be interested in Garrosh, His "Pride" will be what ends up creating the Infinite Dragonflight.

    Blizzard already said that "Garrosh will get the help of a bronze dragon he met on the Timeless Isle" I honestly believe this next expansion will showcase the Infinite Dragonflight AND the creation of the Burning Legion.
    Nozdormu did created the infinite dragonflight.
    He became tormented when the titans shown him his death, he then have been maddened by the old gods and tried to cheat on time not to ever die.
    The infinite dragonflight is the bronze flight of a very far future where the old gods won over Azeroth.
    Requests : Open | Deviantart

  12. #12
    youtube.com/watch?v=mFy3YwAweq0#t=49m22s

  13. #13
    they arent really over but kind of odd they havent done anything. we know they have to be formed and we only defeated the leader. so its possible they might do something.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Zanjin/simple horde main
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...2#post25856782
    Coming soon Expansion ideas: Age of N'zoth, Assault on Agrus.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Kj is still out there, bolvar and the scourge and doing who knows what, the elemental lords are either rebuilding, fighting druids or being tortued by naga
    If Bolvar is like Arthas was when he took the Chill Helmet, he's still sleeping. Al'Shazaam is dead-dead. Ragadeus is dead-dead. Earth Mother is indebted to mortals in the "I'll tolerate you existing" sort of way. That really only leaves "Stop Poking Me Azshara" Poseidon, so I could see that coming back to haunt us.
    Praise the Quest Writers for they give life to otherwise boring expansions.
    P̶l̶a̶n̶n̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶l̶e̶v̶e̶l̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶W̶o̶D̶ ̶u̶s̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶u̶d̶d̶e̶n̶l̶y̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶f̶u̶l̶ ̶W̶a̶r̶g̶l̶a̶i̶v̶e̶s̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶A̶z̶z̶i̶n̶o̶t̶h̶.̶
    RIP Sweet Prince...

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    If Bolvar is like Arthas was when he took the Chill Helmet, he's still sleeping. Al'Shazaam is dead-dead. Ragadeus is dead-dead. Earth Mother is indebted to mortals in the "I'll tolerate you existing" sort of way. That really only leaves "Stop Poking Me Azshara" Poseidon, so I could see that coming back to haunt us.
    I'm pretty sure there's a blue or dev comment somewhere that there are new leaders for the Fire and Air Elemental Planes.
    Garth Brooks convinced me it's not living if I stand outside the fire
    Impact of Stat Squish on Heirloom Weapons

  16. #16
    If anything, we'll be seeing their birth in WoD. Kairoz may well wind up being the first.

    Nozdormu/Murozond wound up leading them, but as has been mentioned that doesn't mean he's their creator. We could well see Nozdormu become corrupted in the first place over the course of this expansion if he attempts to track down Kairoz.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lokoz View Post
    I honestly.. felt that the infinite dragonflight kinda looked Sha Corrupted.. Maybe it was just me.. but I have a feeling the bronze dragonflight is gonna do something with the Sha.. who knows.
    If not the Sha, then possibly one of the other Old Gods. It could even be C'thun - like Y'Shaarj, he was 'killed.' Pretty near the Caverns of Time, too. Perhaps his essence is seeping into the bronze flight and corrupting them.

  17. #17
    Old God Frozenbeef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Uk - England
    Posts
    10,767
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    If Bolvar is like Arthas was when he took the Chill Helmet, he's still sleeping. Al'Shazaam is dead-dead. Ragadeus is dead-dead. Earth Mother is indebted to mortals in the "I'll tolerate you existing" sort of way. That really only leaves "Stop Poking Me Azshara" Poseidon, so I could see that coming back to haunt us.
    They said that once an elemental lord dies it's power just gets redistributed and that there will be a new leader >.< That's the reason for the molten front invasion inside the firelands so they wouldn't become as powerful as they were before

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    End Time was the result of the Hour of Twilight occurring. Since that threat was removed, that future is no longer relevant.

    However, Nozdormu is no longer empowered as an Aspect, so I'm not sure if Murozond is even capable of making the Infinite Dragonflight anymore.

    Shameless self-promotion: long before Hour of Twilight, I came up with an idea on how the Infinite Dragonflight would be born. Check out this old thread
    Murozond was created in a timeline where Nozdormu still had his mastery over time. Therefore Murozond, having that mastery over time, should exist whether he's created or not

  19. #19
    Technically, it hasn't started yet.

  20. #20
    I always felt that it was Nozdormu's aspect powers that made him immune to corruption, as they provided him a unique perspective on time. Hence, the removal of those powers is what made it possible for him to become Murozond at all. Any power Murozond has that is not what a typical bronze dragon of his stature would possess probably comes from the Old Gods.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •