Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Archy Tol'Vir mount...

Up front, yes I am annoyed - but hopeful that a ray of light will come through soon. As I stated in another post, I am at 500+ solves for Tol'Vir. No mount. Please tell me some of you have gotten this high and have indeed ended up with the mount! How many solves did it take you? Is it worth it to try the rng on a different toon or should I stay with my main who has the most solves? Thanks in advance.

It is completely random for each solve regardless of previous solves or character.
    Capitalism, Ho!

Blizzards rng is worse than aids just keep that in mind.

I got mine from turning my little blue motes of whatever-pandaland into the archaeology fragments at the vendor. You will accumulate them just from playing the game and you won't be pulling your hair out farming.

Been doing archaeology since it came out, always on my main and nothing else. Took 280-ish solves to get the mount, but I have basically given up hope on ever getting the Crawling Claw pet.

Got really lucky, took me I think something like 20 solves, maybe less, 20 just sticks out in my mind. Was a while back so it's hard to remember. But Zin'rokh was in the hundreds and I never got it. Caused me to quit Cata for a while because I got so burnt on the game, rofl. My friend's cousin got the sword first try though -_-. I've never seen the Crawling Claw or the bright, fiery 1h sword.
    i5 2500k @ 4.7Ghz | GTX 670 SLI OC | 8gb DDR3 1600 | ASRock P67 Extreme4 | X-Fi Platinum | 1TB WD Caviar Black | Corsair TX650 | LG M2762D-PM 27" 1080p | Logitech THX Z-5300e 5.1 | CM Stacker STC-T01 | Razer Naga/Logitech MX-518 | Noppoo Choc Mini Cherry MX Red | Logitech G330/Audio-Technica ATH-M50

I have been using the spirits and the Pandaland archy stuffs for Tol'Vir fragments, seems to go a bit faster - but argh, so irritating!

Damn, I didn't know you could use spirits of harmony that way. I have been just using them for Living Steel. I might have to switch. I am not sure how many solves I have, but yeah still missing it. It would be 199 on my mount list thus the reason I am doing archeaology right now.

/run print("Total artifacts"); for x=1,12 do local c=GetNumArtifactsByRace(x); local a =0; for y=1,c do local t = select(9, GetArtifactInfoByRace(x, y)); a=a+t;end local rn = GetArchaeologyRaceInfo(x); if( c > 1 ) then print(rn .. ": " .. a); end end

Nifty little tool to see how many solves you have of each race. In regards to the Spirits - you can also do archy in pandaland and turn those into "restored artifacts" and get Tol'vir frags as well.

I farmed mine for like 3 months lol

Got mine after 30 Tol'vir Solves, never really farmed for it nor did I think I'd ever get it. RNG is RNG.

I think I am around 143 solves and still don't have it. Sucks but RNG is RNG.

I wanna say it took me something like 180 solves to get mine. I got tired of farming for Tol'vir digsites and being able to trade SoH for fragments was a godsend(I got my mount about 50 SoH in).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffernut View Post
    /run print("Total artifacts"); for x=1,12 do local c=GetNumArtifactsByRace(x); local a =0; for y=1,c do local t = select(9, GetArtifactInfoByRace(x, y)); a=a+t;end local rn = GetArchaeologyRaceInfo(x); if( c > 1 ) then print(rn .. ": " .. a); end end

Nifty little tool to see how many solves you have of each race. In regards to the Spirits - you can also do archy in pandaland and turn those into "restored artifacts" and get Tol'vir frags as well.
    This is also a good way to speed it up as every time you solve any project in pandaria you get fragments for Tol'vir(pristine artifacts give more).

Took me like 12, but im famously unlucky at games so hopefully that makes you feel better.

Dunno if they fixed it, but you could get that mantid locator thing and zone in and out of Uldum until sites appeared there, was super easy to farm that way.

Set a goal for yourself of 50-100 solves a day; this is how I got mine, took me around 350 solves iirc.
    Don't have the mindset that each next solve will be (or must be) the mount, just listen to music and do it. It helps to have a 2nd screen, on which you can watch movies/tv series.

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Syfy View Post
    Blizzards rng is worse than aids just keep that in mind.
    Yes, the suffering of millions is better than something virtual in an online game. What kind of person even makes such comments?

Anyway, to the OP: I have hundreds and hundreds and no luck yet. I have every other dig find for every race. This one has yet to appear.

got it while the zone reset thing was still a viable "help".

Otherwise I'd still be sitting here disappointed.

Took me 176 solves, but I was using the Pandaria archaeology turn-in methods. I bought the item which guarantees all the digging sites to be Mogu (very small and can spawn only in certain areas). Just keep on going and you'll get it eventually. On a sidenote - I read a comment today from someone who has over 1000 Onyxia kills and still no mount! That takes some motivation to keep on going :P

I hate to be that guy but I got the mount on my second tolvir craft! Did the first common, and sure enough the mount came next. Vial recipe came a few later. The pet however... still no luck and a couple of hundred done Rng sucks at times, keep going, it will happen soon enough!

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffernut View Post
    Didn't work.
    There is no such thing as "ability bloat" just l2fp.