Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    To be honest you had your chance to obtain it them when the locator was shuffling the dig sites, since the change you must have nerves of steel to farm for it, it can take you 10-10-100-1000-10000 there is no pattern and the time required is absurd.

I got mine on 136 solves and the claw on the last day before the locator fix on 567 solves and it took ages even with doing 20+ more solves per hour, now you can do what like 2-3 per hour? It's insane to even consider farming it.
    You can get upwards of ten solves an hour (depending on luck and other factors) from doing Mantid arch and turning the solves in for Tol'vir fragments. I recall you can dump excess spirits of harmony into artifact crates now too.

I think it took around 30 solves more or less… I used something i saw on another website so the sites spawned always in uldum and I got it on an afternoon trying.

Tol'vir: 11 (rare: 4 solved: 47) for me solve 47 was Mount, i did in Tier11 so early cata.

I got Pet, Ring, Scarab thingy and mount.
    Last edited by Yuyuli; 2014-03-19 at 04:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm at 153 Tol'Vir solves on my Main and 73 on my alt. Only the Ring and the Pendant so far. But i kind of gave up trying.... it's soo boring.

What would be the best way to farm it? Simply hope for Tol'Vir Dig Sites over at Kalimdor or do Mop Sites and trade the Crates for Tol'Vir Stuff? Maybe i will find some motivation sometime again.
    Last edited by Illumy; 2014-03-19 at 07:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Illumy View Post
    I'm at 153 Tol'Vir solves on my Main and 73 on my alt. Only the Ring and the Pendant so far. But i kind of gave up trying.... it's soo boring.

What would be the best way to farm it? Simply hope for Tol'Vir Dig Sites over at Kalimdor or do Mop Sites and trade the Crates for Tol'Vir Stuff? Maybe i will find some motivation sometime again.
    The sites in Pandaria are much closer together and the dig sites much smaller, it's not worth doing your digging in kalimdor IMO.

I got claw pretty fast, but the mount... pain in the ass. I wanted it sooooo bad back then, that I actually used fly hack because I got frustrated flying all over continent - but it paid off :P around 300 solves if I recall correctly, haven't been playing for some time

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    400+ solves for me.

21st solve was the mount when going for the pet, not expecting the mount ever to come up. Still no pet tough.

Deleted
    As said earlier it is completely random when you get it.

I am at 180 Tol'Vir artifacts right now and I have yet to see it, but I am optimistic and I keep going

So I tried to farm the pandaria way to get this mount and the Alchemy mount recipe..... Never again...

It is a nice mount tbh but rng is a pile of poop so i gave up

Quote Originally Posted by Rainistal View Post
    So I tried to farm the pandaria way to get this mount and the Alchemy mount recipe..... Never again...

It is a nice mount tbh but rng is a pile of poop so i gave up
    It's not to bad of a way to do it if you are trying to get all the pristine's, but yeah it's frustrating and game hate inducing to do. Still the mantid sonic locator and a week or 2 of just pumping out those solves should get you a couple of hundred tolvir solves, seeing as the mantid dig sites are relatively close together.

It used to be that bug with Sonic Mantid Locator (or something like that) where every time you enter/leave uldum, dig sites reset and reshuffle- reappear in Uldum, so u can farm it whole day. Everyone who got it back then, was lucky. It now takes shitload of time and nerves to get it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffernut View Post
    Up front, yes I am annoyed - but hopeful that a ray of light will come through soon. As I stated in another post, I am at 500+ solves for Tol'Vir. No mount. Please tell me some of you have gotten this high and have indeed ended up with the mount! How many solves did it take you? Is it worth it to try the rng on a different toon or should I stay with my main who has the most solves? Thanks in advance.
    I'm sorry to tell you that I got mine on my 3rd solve

took me a couple hundred solves when it was bugged a while back, i feel bad for anyone who didn't get it then.

After 1500is tolvir solves during the 4.2-4.4 days i found every other tolvir rare but the mount. I have not done archeology since then...

Its faster to just lvl another chars arch then to hunt for tolvir sites. Panda digging might be faster though.

This mount appears to be bugged right now (anyone knows since when? Only resubbed 2 days ago) everytime i jump and land, it lacks the "land" animation so it just glides weirdly until the land animation (which doesn't play) is finished