Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Ironic I stumped upon this thread just after recovering from the BSoD myself.

Your temps look fine though,and from the earlier posts it could be your CPU or your cooler. Not sure though,don't hold me onto that.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumash View Post
    I actually never get errors in wow, however, since my cpu is CURRENTLY 62c running wow, and earlier it was said that 60c is the top end for heat, im guessing thats the problem. I will probably get a new cpu and a better cooler.

Still open for advice though, as cpu's are expensive >.>

- - - Updated - - -

How do you know if your cpu is overclocked, and how do you fix it
    I installed some software that came with my motherboard (called AI Suite II, an Asus MB) and from that software, I can control the CPU, also change fan speeds, and such, there should be some software with either your motherboard or CPU allowing you to change it. or if I remember correctly, you should be able to access motherboards settings while the computer is booting and change it there (at least with my motherboard)

I'll throw out some unhelpful information, as this was nearly the exact same thing that happened to me.

My computer would lock up, not blue screen, causing the image on the screen to freeze. After a restart, the only message in the event log was kernel power, meaning I had done a hard reboot by hitting the reset button. Nothing else in way of diagnostics. The temps were all within normal ranges, but I decided to upgrade the case, PSU and CPU cooler just to be sure. Added a Corsair Obsidian 750D on sale at Microcenter, Corsair H100i CPU cooler and Corsair AX1200i PSU. I'm not a Corsair fanboy by any means, they were just priced well at the time, and thus far I'm happy with each purchase.

Unfortunately the new hardware didn't stop my system from locking up, so at this point I've invested as much money as I can at the moment, tested every single piece of hardware, and will just wait to replace the rest of the guts when I have a budget. Or when Intel releases the next family of processors and boards on the X99 set.

Sorry to hear about all your troubles, sounds like you have the same ghost in the machine as I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Araron View Post
    Ironic I stumped upon this thread just after recovering from the BSoD myself.

Your temps look fine though,and from the earlier posts it could be your CPU or your cooler. Not sure though,don't hold me onto that.
    This is a common misconception. Just because current generation Intel chips have a top end temperature of 100c~, doesn't mean all other chips have the same limits.

AM2/AM3 top out around 60c before throttle issues.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics