View Poll Results: Did you roll your pure because it's pure ?

Voters
260. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

51 19.62%
  • No

209 80.38%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Teebu View Post
    I doubt many made a pure for no other reason than it's pure. You can always say no if someone asks you to go healer or tank. If they kick you out of the guild for that reason, then that's a bullet dodged.
    I thought the same, but nearly 1/5 voters in this poll have said Yes

I rolled my mage cuz I love throwing fireballs, and getting teleport and create portals

Give me a dedicated Warlock tanking spec and I would never play another class. They have pretty much everything I am looking for in a class. Namely the evil/dark aesthetic, really durable, bad ass pets, unique utility. Only thing it lacks is the ability to tank raids.
    Last edited by Voidgear; 2014-02-07 at 12:28 AM.

Maybe back when pure was actually a thing to be considered, but now it's not even a plus; let alone at times a disadvantage. I usually pick whatever I enjoy most, so it doesn't matter to me if all the class can do is one thing.
    Last edited by PenguinChan; 2014-02-07 at 12:28 AM.
    Hearts are man kinds lock. If only everyone's emotions were a skeleton key, this world would be a happier place.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I thought the same, but nearly 1/5 voters in this poll have said Yes
    Still, > 80% of participants not caring at all about the "pure" distinction is an overwhelming majority — I'm actually surprised. I was expecting the results to be inverted, based on how much the vocal people freak out when you suggest adding new roles to a pure.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovestar View Post
    Still, > 80% of participants not caring at all about the "pure" distinction is an overwhelming majority — I'm actually surprised. I was expecting the results to be inverted, based on how much the vocal people freak out when you suggest adding new roles to a pure.
    I honestly figured it'd be something like 5-10% at most voting Yes. It started out staying steady right around 15% (give or take a percent) up through over 100 votes, but then when I got back for a day it had gone up to around 18%

I didn't even know what a "pure" was when I made my character. I just thought hunters looked cool and fun.

Herald of the Titans Valyrian Stormclaw's Avatar
    World's End Tavern, listening to the Level 90 Elite Tauren Chieftains
    I rolled lock for the playstyle.

I guess you could say so, though I've never given it much thought. Though for me, since I only really focus on PvP, tank specs don't make a class a hybrid. There's hybrids, classes with healing specs, and everything else is a pure DPS. And I pick the pures partly because I have no interest in healing, and I don't want to be expected to. In the past I've played a couple hybrids, and there's always someone that tries to make me spec swap to heal. When I don't, they whine, so I avoid the issue altogether. Plus, as a pure DPS, I've got more specs to choose from.

No I rolled my Hunter because it was the only class that used a bow for its main weapon.

No, my first toon was a tauren hunter because I like pets. Server shut down for 2 weeks so switched servers and rolled a paladin which became my first 60. My next 60 was a troll rogue, not because it was a pure but because I was farming in Silithus and a rogue was killing between 2-3 mobs by the time I finished one.

It was just a matter of wanting all of the classes.

Simple question. Did you roll a pure DPS because it's a pure DPS ?

Sub/related questions:

If yes: why ?
    If no: why did you roll it, then ?
    I loves me some Rogue class, I rolled it for the class, I'm just a DPS kinda girl.

Quote Originally Posted by OzoAndIndi View Post
    I loves me some Rogue class, I rolled it for the class, I'm just a DPS kinda girl.
    A girl on the internet ? Now I've heard of everything

Simple question. Did you roll a pure DPS because it's a pure DPS ?
    If no: why did you roll it, then ?
    On the contrary, I rolled rogue in hopes that I could do some fancy tricks with avoiding damage. That eventually translated to my want to tank with the class. I love rogue for what I can do with it, and I love pushing the envelope by "tanking" when I'm able.

No.

I rolled because I liked the class abilities.

I have pures and hybrids. I've rolled a hybrid on purpose, but I've never rolled a pure on purpose.

I must admit I chose hunter because it was so easy to level up, but I've grown to like the playstyle over the years, ofc hunters have changed a lot since then but the general idea is the similar.

Rolled a Warrior when I started back in BC just because I like warrior-style classes. No other real reason behind making a class for me other then "I like the concept" or "I wanna try."
    I like Aigis. Sue me.

I rolled a Hunter due to the fact obtaining pets was interesting and engaging, currently challenge tames are the only incarnation of difficulty thats left, regardless I still prefer to snipe from a distance.