Poll: Did you roll your pure because it's pure ?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because demons man... demons.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't think anyone rolled pure just because of being pure. Of course if you reroll its something else because some guilds might want a pure DPS because of what they bring at the moment, either DPS or other things.

I have played since vanilla and I picked Hunters because I liked the idea of having pets and being a bow user.

Played a ret paladin, switched because I was tired of having to work my ass off to keep up with other classes.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    I created a lot of my 'pure' characters after playing my druid..i was just sick of all the specs and all the gear grinds...like i felt i had to have a dps,healer and tank set just in case i needed it..with a pure class like mage i can just focus on one i don't have to worry about having multiple sets i know my current gear will be the best for every situation i'm in.
    Stat priorities are wildly different between specs..

Deleted
    No, I rolled my rogue becouse about half way thrugh Vanilla I was getting sick of being 1-shotted by ambushing rogues on my mage, so I decided to make a rogue alt so I could do some ambushing myself. A short while after hitting 60 it became my main, and I have not PvP'd since, only raiding.

I rolled a druid as my first toon in vanilla with thoughts of being a damage dealing master...only to find out when raiding started that "jack-of-all trades" meant "you better heal me son!"

I rolled a lock in late vanilla because I was tired of healing (playing whack-a-mole with 40 people sucks). It wouldn't have mattered if the lock had an alternate role (like tank) because in vanilla you played your primary role only.

The hole hybrid thing didn't really even become a deal until probably Wrath. I have too much invested in my lock now to switch - but (some) hybrids like balance druids have way too much raid utility compared to the dps they can put out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope

I picked rogue because I like playing the sneaky, stealthy role in most games. It's also the class that I understand the most and perform the best with, being a "pure" didn't really factor in for me. I'd actually say I hate the fact that it's a pure-DPS class, the reason I play so many alts is because my rogue can only fill one role.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I rolled a mage at first because I wanted to blow shit up. plain and simple. At the time tanks were just meat shields, healers only healed and hybrid classes were a joke.

Deleted
    When I started playing, I rolled a Paladin because I was told that they can do damage and heal all while being clad in heavy armor. That pretty much sold them to me.
    I am never really attracted to pure classes, I don't have one at 90, I always want to either heal or tank along with a dps spec.

I rolled a mage because portals and fire. Also, at the time, none of my friends played a mage.

Quote Originally Posted by ArPharazon View Post
    I rolled a warlock because my soul is black and I just want to see the world BURN!
    Sounds about right.

Warlock master class.

Nope but I did make my Shaman to be a hybrid. I was leveling with 5 friends waay back in the day so being Elemental Shaman was right up my ally. I knew I wanted to be a caster and I could help offheal which was awesome and on top of that I got to use mail and a shield so I would be at least somewhat tanky.
    Hi Sephurik

quite the opposite. i get antsy when i dont have a spell to reliably move hp bars in the other direction. i dont like playing a healer, but i do like having the ability to heal

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    I made a rogue because I came from a game where rogue was the closest to the same class.

I doubt many made a pure for no other reason than it's pure. You can always say no if someone asks you to go healer or tank. If they kick you out of the guild for that reason, then that's a bullet dodged.

I rolled a Mage because I love that idea. Being a ranged magic based nuker.

People rolling hybrids because they'e hybrids is more likely. Of course, you will always find the odd person who rolls a pure because they don't want to be forced into another role/type of role (melee->range for example).
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    He's telling you upfront what's going to take. It's not ninja looting. It's pirate looting! YAARRRR!!!

Yes, I rolled a paladin first in vanilla and really hated it so someone suggested I roll a mage because it's a pure dps.

15+ Year Old Account
    I sort of did, although at the time the idea of pure vs. hybrid wasn't even on my radar (probably because most hyrbrids sucked, and were pigeon-holed into a single role anyways...so when you think about it they weren't very hybrid). All I knew was that on my paladin people expected me to heal, and I didn't want to roll another class that had even the remote possibility of being asked to heal, so I rolled rogue. So you could say I rolled rogue because it's a pure class.

Quote Originally Posted by Raic View Post
    I'd actually say I hate the fact that it's a pure-DPS class, the reason I play so many alts is because my rogue can only fill one role.
    Same, that's why I was hoping so hard for fourth spec at one time, especially because I don't really like to play alts, because I like focusing on my main, but I like to play other roles.
    Last edited by Lemons; 2014-02-06 at 10:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teebu View Post
    I doubt many made a pure for no other reason than it's pure. You can always say no if someone asks you to go healer or tank. If they kick you out of the guild for that reason, then that's a bullet dodged.
    I thought the same, but nearly 1/5 voters in this poll have said Yes
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

I rolled my mage cuz I love throwing fireballs, and getting teleport and create portals

Give me a dedicated Warlock tanking spec and I would never play another class. They have pretty much everything I am looking for in a class. Namely the evil/dark aesthetic, really durable, bad ass pets, unique utility. Only thing it lacks is the ability to tank raids.
    Last edited by Voidgear; 2014-02-07 at 12:28 AM.