Poll: Did you roll your pure because it's pure ?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Maybe back when pure was actually a thing to be considered, but now it's not even a plus; let alone at times a disadvantage. I usually pick whatever I enjoy most, so it doesn't matter to me if all the class can do is one thing.
    Last edited by PenguinChan; 2014-02-07 at 12:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I thought the same, but nearly 1/5 voters in this poll have said Yes
    Still, > 80% of participants not caring at all about the "pure" distinction is an overwhelming majority — I'm actually surprised. I was expecting the results to be inverted, based on how much the vocal people freak out when you suggest adding new roles to a pure.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovestar View Post
    Still, > 80% of participants not caring at all about the "pure" distinction is an overwhelming majority — I'm actually surprised. I was expecting the results to be inverted, based on how much the vocal people freak out when you suggest adding new roles to a pure.
    I honestly figured it'd be something like 5-10% at most voting Yes. It started out staying steady right around 15% (give or take a percent) up through over 100 votes, but then when I got back for a day it had gone up to around 18%
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

I didn't even know what a "pure" was when I made my character. I just thought hunters looked cool and fun.

I rolled lock for the playstyle.

I guess you could say so, though I've never given it much thought. Though for me, since I only really focus on PvP, tank specs don't make a class a hybrid. There's hybrids, classes with healing specs, and everything else is a pure DPS. And I pick the pures partly because I have no interest in healing, and I don't want to be expected to. In the past I've played a couple hybrids, and there's always someone that tries to make me spec swap to heal. When I don't, they whine, so I avoid the issue altogether. Plus, as a pure DPS, I've got more specs to choose from.

No I rolled my Hunter because it was the only class that used a bow for its main weapon.

No, my first toon was a tauren hunter because I like pets. Server shut down for 2 weeks so switched servers and rolled a paladin which became my first 60. My next 60 was a troll rogue, not because it was a pure but because I was farming in Silithus and a rogue was killing between 2-3 mobs by the time I finished one.

It was just a matter of wanting all of the classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Simple question. Did you roll a pure DPS because it's a pure DPS ?

Sub/related questions:

If yes: why ?
    If no: why did you roll it, then ?
    I loves me some Rogue class, I rolled it for the class, I'm just a DPS kinda girl.

Quote Originally Posted by OzoAndIndi View Post
    I loves me some Rogue class, I rolled it for the class, I'm just a DPS kinda girl.
    A girl on the internet ? Now I've heard of everything
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Simple question. Did you roll a pure DPS because it's a pure DPS ?
    If no: why did you roll it, then ?
    On the contrary, I rolled rogue in hopes that I could do some fancy tricks with avoiding damage. That eventually translated to my want to tank with the class. I love rogue for what I can do with it, and I love pushing the envelope by "tanking" when I'm able.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    No.

I rolled because I liked the class abilities.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have pures and hybrids. I've rolled a hybrid on purpose, but I've never rolled a pure on purpose.

I must admit I chose hunter because it was so easy to level up, but I've grown to like the playstyle over the years, ofc hunters have changed a lot since then but the general idea is the similar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rolled a Warrior when I started back in BC just because I like warrior-style classes. No other real reason behind making a class for me other then "I like the concept" or "I wanna try."
    I like Aigis. Sue me.

I wanted to choose some hybrid class firstly, but I rolled hunter because of its features and mechanics.

Stood in the Fire Steve the Sloth's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I rolled Mage based solely on the human Mage in the original intro cinematic, throwing fireballs off that tower/hill (whatever it was). That was so epic to me at the time and the "vibe" of the Mage class has kept me intrigued ever since.

Nope, I just play whatever I like to play. Though playing a pure dps class is a bit less annoying. No need to carry four sets of gear (druids :c ) which is amazing.