Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Since were going back to Draenor..

Does anyone expect to see new nether drake models? Or a new type of drake entirely? Maybe no drakes and Chimeras will be replacing drakes?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    Nether drakes won't exist on this Draenor and Chimaeras are Azerothian imports.
    So, a new drake entirely then. Any ideas on how it would look?

Quote Originally Posted by Crennox View Post
    Does anyone expect to see new nether drake models? Or a new type of drake entirely? Maybe no drakes and Chimeras will be replacing drakes?
    Nether Drakes would make no sense. Nether Drakes are Black Dragon eggs that were modified by the power that ripped Draenor apart. Since Deathwing and the other Black Dragons have never been to this Draenor, and the energies that mutated them never existed, there are no Nether Drakes in this timeline.

I get the feeling that a lot of people who started playing Warcraft games in WoW or even Warcraft III don't realise how very different Draenor is going to be to Outland.

There are no draconoid species native to Draenor, the Netherwing are leftover from eggs Deathwing left there when he was in Draenor during BTDP (shortly after the Second War, we are going back to pre-First War era).

So actually this may be the first WoW expansion with no dragons/drakes/etc at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    There are no draconoid species native to Draenor, the Netherwing are leftover from eggs Deathwing left there when he was in Draenor during BTDP (shortly after the Second War, we are going back to pre-First War era).

So actually this may be the first WoW expansion with no dragons/drakes/etc at all.
    Just because you said that, now there will be dragons.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

No Dragons at all. They mentioned in the lore panel there may not even be a Dragonmaw clan at this period for the reason no dragons exist.

Closest thing is the "Dragon"fly mount.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cranica View Post
    Nether Drakes would make no sense. Nether Drakes are Black Dragon eggs that were modified by the power that ripped Draenor apart. Since Deathwing and the other Black Dragons have never been to this Draenor, and the energies that mutated them never existed, there are no Nether Drakes in this timeline.
    Yeah, that's why I put in the option for a new drake.

There aren't any indigenous dragon species (that we know about) on Draenor.
    With Blizzard's style, they can't not have drakes, let's say the don't include a drake (they probably could by pulling lore out their ass) what would the flagship flyer type be?

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Just because you said that, now there will be dragons.
    Maybe we'll discover a new island in 6.3 with a big troll raid in the middle that's being taken over by dragons. Endboss is Kael'thas riding Onyxia's charred bones.

- - - Updated - - -

With Blizzard's style, they can't not have drakes, let's say the don't include a drake (they probably could by pulling lore out their ass) what would the flagship flyer type be?
    I'm guessing Chimaeras. Seeing as we just got one.

Maybe we'll discover a new island in 6.3 with a big troll raid in the middle that's being taken over by dragons. Endboss is Kael'thas riding Onyxia's charred bones.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm guessing Chimaeras. Seeing as we just got one.
    Don't give them ideas...
    ☭Politics Understander and Haver of Good Takes☭Posting Is A Human Right☭
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    The best your prob gonna get is black/ bronze drakes possibly corrupted by iron horde tech/ burning legion/ infinite >.< If draenor has never seen azeroth though that means deathwing hasn't come through and made a nest >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    No Dragons at all. They mentioned in the lore panel there may not even be a Dragonmaw clan at this period for the reason no dragons exist.
    I wonder if we'll hear anything about them, I don't think there's ever been lore for them in Draenor. Maybe they were an offshoot of some other clan. Or maybe they used to be called the Chimaeramaw clan :P

Yeah, that's why I put in the option for a new drake.

the flag ship flyer is going to either be Chimeras like the store mount or the dragon fly posted above. no confirmation really just a feeling.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if we'll hear anything about them, I don't think there's ever been lore for them in Draenor. Maybe they were an offshoot of some other clan. Or maybe they used to be called the Chimaeramaw clan :P
    Chimaeramaw clan.. yes please, would be hilarious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Will we see the past Dragonmaw Clan with Zuluhed the Wacked?
    CM: We haven't talked all that much about the Dragonmaw so far, but I would say that is a possibility. There's a lot of second-tier orc clans that all have pretty cool kits, but we haven't been exhaustive yet.
    DK: More importantly, there's no native dragons on Draenor. So that whole clan identity wouldn't have existed until later on.
    CM: What Dave is saying is that he wishes I hadn't made them up back in WC2. And sometimes I wish I hadn't either. So we don't know exactly what we're going to do with them. (Source)
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2014-02-05 at 11:53 PM.

The only new 'Nether' model I want is a brand new Nether Ray mount.

Hopefully nothing since the idea is grounding us. NetherRAYSs are native to Outland and were the "other" flyer available in BC. Chimaeras are possible too. I don't really get how they took an iconic Night Elven beast ally and turned it into the flyer of the Iron Horde.
    The Draenor chimaera are a completely different species to the ones found on Azeroth, much like the raptors, wolves, insects, etc. That's why they look vaguely similar, but are different. If anything, the flying mounts will be the chimaera or insects.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    The only new 'Nether' model I want is a brand new Nether Ray mount.
    The various nether species likely won't be seen, unless they're in their un corrupted forms. The energies that created them haven't happened to this Draenor.

If anything, according to the quote in my signature, this planet will be like a giant Australia.

Hopefully nothing since the idea is grounding us. NetherRAYSs are native to Outland and were the "other" flyer available in BC. Chimaeras are possible too. I don't really get how they took an iconic Night Elven beast ally and turned it into the flyer of the Iron Horde.
    Draenor has it's own race of Chimaera. If you're going to try and bash the lore at least try and know it first.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    The various nether species likely won't be seen, unless they're in their un corrupted forms. The energies that created them haven't happened to this Draenor.

If anything, according to the quote in my signature, this planet will be like a giant Australia.
    Nether Rays are native to Draenor. The change to it becoming Outland didn't change them in any way.

- - - Updated - - -

That's true but the Iron Horde Chimaera is so clearly the furry, mammalian-looking Azerothian variety.
    Yeah that looks very furry. Just because it isn't pink and blue doesn't mean that it isn't native to Draenor.

Nether drakes won't exist on this Draenor and Chimaeras are Azerothian imports (at least the Iron Horde one is).
    outlands has a fair share of (heavily mutated) chimaeras, so I don't think they are azerothian imports.

the fact that the iron skyreaver has "orc" teeth just like draenor wolves, unlike azerothian wolves and chimaeras, makes me think that just like with wolves, there are azerothian and draenorian (?) versions of chimaeras.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    I get the feeling that a lot of people who started playing Warcraft games in WoW or even Warcraft III don't realise how very different Draenor is going to be to Outland.

Except for the one who, you know, starts all this shit in the first place.
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."