Thread: Whale Shark

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shardik617 View Post
    They have grabbed diver's feet and pulled them under before, but it seems to be more of a playful gesture as they released them shortly after...Probably not realizing we can't breathe down there :|
    As seals do to komodo dragons in Galapagos.

- HAI! Lez play
    - no. I need breath plz

Photoshop of course!

So harmless! So cute!

Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    That's horrible. :|

His adorable Jamaican accent is completely lost in Swedish. Get that outta here.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerN View Post
    The whale shark might generally be docile and harmless, but that doesn't mean it couldn't seriously hurt you.
    That can go for... Lots and lots and lots of animals. It's not a reason to be afraid of an animal.

It's thinking "OMG IT'S ONE OF THOSE HUMANS! WHY DID I LEAVE MY CAMERA AT HOME!!??".
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerN View Post
    The whale shark might generally be docile and harmless, but that doesn't mean it couldn't seriously hurt you.

I'd still love to look at a whale shark up close, what an amazing experience it must be.
    I would take the opportunity to swim with a Great White if they weren't so damned rare.

If you know how to behave around an animal and you treat it with respect, chances are good you'll be fine.

Like this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    That can go for... Lots and lots and lots of animals. It's not a reason to be afraid of an animal.
    No but it's a good reason to keep your distance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post

(Original Story)

And people ask me why I'm scared of the ocean...
    O.O

Well I was GONNA say that Whale Sharks are cute! But then... no one is pretty from every angle. Esp not that one!

Although considering what they normally feed on, I'm sure that would have been a pretty terrible experience for the animal as well. Omg what's caught in my throat! It's moving!

10+ Year Old Account
    Whale sharks are one of the most passive species of "shark", even even actual whales are more aggressive. They won't eat you, hell they won't even come after you. The average human is VERY more interested in seeing them up close than they're interested in seeing you up close.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

The ocean is the number one nope zone for me. I have absolutely no desire to go anywhere near it.

The thought of floating about in the middle of nowhere knowing giant ass fish like that live down there? Nope.

Deleted
    I've spent hundreds of hours in the water with whale sharks. They are inquisitive, clumsy, cute, and dumb as a box of rocks. They are NOT, however, even remotely dangerous. On the other hand, I have several scars from trigger fish. Bastards.

It can't eat humans...
    You might not get into the stomach but you could still get stuck in its mouth

That's horrible. :|

Holy shit they butchered it!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StreetHydrant View Post
    Oh, how to ocean fascinates me... I wish I lived there. Imagine what a beautiful and different world there is down there.
    Beautiful ? in pitch black ?

- - - Updated - - -

It can't eat humans...
    if that thing had you in its maw and it decided to close its mouth... ? like to know the crushing force it exerts.
    Last edited by mmoc3f6b26f27f; 2014-02-06 at 07:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tulune View Post
    Aww, it just wants to say hello!

I couldn't help myself

Quote Originally Posted by quickness View Post
    I've spent hundreds of hours in the water with whale sharks. They are inquisitive, clumsy, cute, and dumb as a box of rocks. They are NOT, however, even remotely dangerous. On the other hand, I have several scars from trigger fish. Bastards.
    I envy you Seeing one of these up close would be a humbling experience. Man, I'm so SMALL.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shardik617 View Post
    They have grabbed diver's feet and pulled them under before, but it seems to be more of a playful gesture as they released them shortly after...Probably not realizing we can't breathe down there :|
    Wild dolphins have caused deaths this way aswell, don't trust them dolphins!

Quote Originally Posted by akamurdoch View Post
    if that thing had you in its maw and it decided to close its mouth... ? like to know the crushing force it exerts.
    Considering they're filter feeders, probably quite low actually.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not scared of whale sharks. But I am scared of the open ocean.

It's just endless water, above you endless sky and below you a blue murkey abyss. Anything could be down there, watching you helplessly swim through the endless blue. It just scares me for some reason.