Would you play WoW on a tablet if you could... Casual WoW, that is.

I would love to be able to play PvE WoW on a tablet, but I would still need a mouse..... I don't do well with controllers. I know that I once saw a guy showing wow being played on an iPad, but I don't recall how or what he did. The video was just to show that it was possible, even though he admitted it was not good.

But I would love to play on a tablet for basic leveling.... I could put the tablet on my exercise bike's tray, and burn calories while questing!

I would do it for super casual stuff, like auction-housing or doing profession cds, or pet battles.

Frankly I'm surprised mobile pet battles haven't been implemented already.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I would do it for super casual stuff, like auction-housing or doing profession cds, or pet battles.

Frankly I'm surprised mobile pet battles haven't been implemented already.
    I agree on pet battles... I bet they could make decent money for Blizzard. They should make an app for that, LOL.

15+ Year Old Account
    I thought I had seen somewhere someone played wow, one of those windows 8 tablets.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

The controls would be gross so probably not. Maybe some simple stuff like profession CDs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    The iPad app was a desktop imulator that mimicked your PC screen. It immediately got bought out or something and benched. It seems whoever bought it did not want it to see the light of day.

I would LOVE an iPad app for either WoW, or pet battles or both. I do not know, realistically how pet battles would work, unless it was strictly for PvP, or a tamer hopping app where you could just jump around and fight the tamers for player XP or pet XP or bags or whatever.

I'd imagine it'd be PVP and possibly a unique PVE pet battle queuing system where obviously the rewards would have to be lower / weaker since you don't have to physically travel. Like maybe you'd just get lesser charms (like half normal) and a fraction of player / pet xp (like 1/10)

10+ Year Old Account
    As far as the controls, I am sure the spell UI could be modified to put them under your thumbs, but the movement would be the biggest problem. Again, on the imulator I saw, the UI had a wasd style movement setup. I wouldn't want to LFG or PvP or raid on it, but like others have said, simple AH stuff and whatnot would be fine.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd imagine it'd be PVP and possibly a unique PVE pet battle queuing system where obviously the rewards would have to be lower / weaker since you don't have to physically travel. Like maybe you'd just get lesser charms (like half normal) and a fraction of player / pet xp (like 1/10)
    I know what you mean by the XP nerf, maybe if you could battle wild pets on the map, they give you a mock 'travel' time between each pet to equal the real world equivalent. I agree player XP should see a nerf, but not pet XP. I think a travel timer equal to real world (of Warcraft) travel time between pets/tamers would be enough of a nerf.

I'd rather see the Hearthstone for iPad they've been hinting at. I'd play it a helluva lot more if I could sit around on my couch and play it while watching tv (that's not to say I don't play it a lot, I love it and play it all the time).

Quote Originally Posted by mykro9 View Post
    I know what you mean by the XP nerf, maybe if you could battle wild pets on the map, they give you a mock 'travel' time between each pet to equal the real world equivalent. I agree player XP should see a nerf, but not pet XP. I think a travel timer equal to real world (of Warcraft) travel time between pets/tamers would be enough of a nerf.
    Oh that's a good idea. Like the queue would just have a time on it.

Would probably also need limitations on which wild pets you could battle, so it wouldn't be a workaround to getting rare ones. Like maybe you'd queue for a certain zone / level range ?

10+ Year Old Account
    3D games where you need to see the screen are dumb on devices where your hands are on the screen. WoW doesn't change that.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Quote Originally Posted by GarlicGuy View Post
    I would love to be able to play PvE WoW on a tablet, but I would still need a mouse..... I don't do well with controllers. I know that I once saw a guy showing wow being played on an iPad, but I don't recall how or what he did. The video was just to show that it was possible, even though he admitted it was not good.

But I would love to play on a tablet for basic leveling.... I could put the tablet on my exercise bike's tray, and burn calories while questing!
    Why would I play on an inferior tablet when I can play on a glorious PC with so much capability.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh that's a good idea. Like the queue would just have a time on it.

Would probably also need limitations on which wild pets you could battle, so it wouldn't be a workaround to getting rare ones. Like maybe you'd queue for a certain zone / level range ?
    That is a very good question. How to deal with the minfernals of the game world. Maybe like a 10% chance IF there is one up on your server, to battle it. That would prevent gaming the iPad app from being the preferred way to get rare pets. OR disable pet capture from the app, so you can only battle to level your pets from battles, or even just make certain predetermined pets not available for battle from the app.

Profession CD's and pet battles. I would buy a tablet just for the pet battles :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Pet battles would be perfect for the tablet. I would love for this to happen. But honestly not much else I would do, AH stuff I suppose, that's it really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GarlicGuy View Post

Honestly, for the amount of time a lot of people tend to play in one sitting, I can only imagine how my finger tips would feel after a while... Too much mouse use on the computer in general can be a bit much for me already as it is.

Edit: Now that I just recall, a friend of mine did log on once or twice with her iPad. I think she used like some program or whatever it is that would allow you to use what's on your computer from another device. Didn't find it too easy to do much like that though.
    Last edited by OzoAndIndi; 2014-02-06 at 06:05 AM.