View Poll Results: Garrosh vs Dranosh

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dranosh

    1 50.00%
  • Garrosh

    0 0%
  • Tie

    1 50.00%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
  1. #41
    Dranosh hands down. he would have listened to his advisers too unlike meat head garrosh. then this stupid faction war would have never happened.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Zanjin/simple horde main
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...2#post25856782
    Coming soon Expansion ideas: Age of N'zoth, Assault on Agrus.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    But again, as long as at least one villain won't earn at least one smiling sun sticker for actually achieving something, i remain sceptical.
    The Naga in Vashj'ir. They totally carry through with their evil plan to grab Neptulon. The heroes (us) completely fail to stop them and divide themselves between 'Better tell Thrall we lost' and 'Guess I'll go try to rescue the prisoner of ours they took.'

    Gimme sticker.

  3. #43
    I am Murloc! Arrashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Box
    Posts
    5,394
    Quote Originally Posted by Byker Hill View Post
    The Naga in Vashj'ir. They totally carry through with their evil plan to grab Neptulon. The heroes (us) completely fail to stop them and divide themselves between 'Better tell Thrall we lost' and 'Guess I'll go try to rescue the prisoner of ours they took.'

    Gimme sticker.


    Here you go.

  4. #44
    Brewmaster Doorsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Prison
    Posts
    1,316
    Quote Originally Posted by Stripeyhat View Post
    Cunning? He started a war with everyone at the same time then hid in his basement with his toys. That's not cunning, that's retarded. His trick with luring a number of Alliance leaders to their deaths at Theramore was pretty good but most of the time he's a total meathead.
    He's reckless. Not dumb/"retarded".

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Stripeyhat View Post
    I always thought that was a stupid part of the Lich King's story. "You have to kill him at the Frozen Throne" that is. If he's literally unkillable everywhere else why the hell does he ever spend any time at home? I know his plan was to lure us to him so he could kill and raise us gaining control over the strongest fighters on Azeroth but when he could have just straight-up killed Tirion at Light's Hope, Ashbringer/holy ground or no, it seems a little bit silly.
    He was killing Tirion. He did not account for Ashbringer falling into the hands of Tirion.

    The Ashbringer actually being able to harm him. Compared to Mograine (Who is powerful) merely get scrubbed off as a pest.
    Quote Originally Posted by OzoAndIndi View Post
    Great, now I have to purposely try to write as boring as possible.

  5. #45
    Arthas himself may not have known his own advantage at Light's Hope -- it's logically impossible that by the time Uther tells us, Arthas himself wouldn't understand, but at the time, and him making a very rare trip away from Northrend as Lich King, he may not have yet understood about himself that he could only truly be *destroyed* at the Frozen Throne.

    And even then, destruction is relative -- could be that he could be struck down by the Ashbringer on holy ground and rendered a more passive force like he was prior to luring Arthas in the first place. So between those, he had a reason to back down.

    That's all pretty far afield, topic-wise, though I mean, don't we all pretty much agree that had Garrosh been at the Wrathgate, he'd have charged and gotten faceplanted, too? The only reason we could say maybe not is that if Garrosh had been at the Wrathgate, he'd have been too busy trying to kill Bolvar just to prove his... tusks were the biggest to even notice the Ymirjar come out of the gate.

  6. #46
    don't forget garrosh's achievements as well he did the following
    killed a twilight dragon(a servent of deathwing).
    overwhelmed taran zhu a shao-pan martial artist master.
    held his own against varian wrynn and only lost because varian outlasted him in stamina thanks to lo'gosh.
    fought agianst cairnewe was lossing at first, but he did break cairne's weapon, which would be a good advantage).
    had thrall cornered (although only because the dark shamans were blocking thralls power and thrall was a little rusty as a warrior due to being a shaman first, and a warrior, second, in early games he worked well as warrior/gladiator and shaman.
    I Think garrosh has a good chance as well to win. its hard to say if dranosh have done better than those feats, although he killed a army of broken with injuries and came back just fine and in WotLK and killed 3 Vrykul in 1 swipe a race of giants who were manhandling several veteran warriors at wrathgate.

  7. #47
    I have trouble giving Garrosh too much credit for killing a twilight dragon since it was only by his moronic tactical decisions that he came into contact with said twilight dragon. But I suppose the argument isn't whether he's smarter than Dranosh.

    His record in single combat is kinda hit or miss -- whatever Garrosh may excuse, Varian has walked away with the better of every. single. encounter. between them. Cairne would have taken him if not for the poisoned wound. His mak'gora with Thrall is a tougher call because, yeah, he was probably on the upper hand but it's hard not to notice that once there was a crisis to handle, Thrall was like "yeah, done with this" -- ZAAAP. Him handling Taran Zhu is about the only clean put over he's ever gotten in a lore encounter. Well, I guess Thrall in Siege, too -- pretty much a curbstomp.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    I have trouble giving Garrosh too much credit for killing a twilight dragon since it was only by his moronic tactical decisions that he came into contact with said twilight dragon. But I suppose the argument isn't whether he's smarter than Dranosh.

    His record in single combat is kinda hit or miss -- whatever Garrosh may excuse, Varian has walked away with the better of every. single. encounter. between them. Cairne would have taken him if not for the poisoned wound. His mak'gora with Thrall is a tougher call because, yeah, he was probably on the upper hand but it's hard not to notice that once there was a crisis to handle, Thrall was like "yeah, done with this" -- ZAAAP. Him handling Taran Zhu is about the only clean put over he's ever gotten in a lore encounter. Well, I guess Thrall in Siege, too -- pretty much a curbstomp.
    To be fair, Varian is a very strong warrior. The guy charged at Thrall and bunch of Kor'kron guards all by himself.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    Also, charging or not charging is a moot point, since Arthas could not have been defeated there at the Wrathgate, hundreds of feet below the Frozen Throne.
    Basically this. No one in that field had the chance against Arthas, charging or not. The plan was always to waste time until the Red Dragons finally arrived.

    At least Dranosh went down with honor.

  10. #50
    What about Garrosh versus Predator?

    Though in seriousness, I'd back Garrosh if he was in his mega yshaar all uber powerful and whatnot form. Otherwise, probably Dranosh.

  11. #51
    Elemental Lord Haven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky, Russia
    Posts
    8,260
    Realistically, Garrosh would win - he's clearly much smarter than that kamikaze Dranosh, and has become quite powerful lately. But then again, it's WoW, bad guys always fail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Metzenphrenia. As defined in the DSM: "To be so badly written, that it drives the character into insanity." It's symptoms are similar to schizophrenia but even crazier.
    "There are no answers, only choices" - Solaris.

  12. #52
    I Did mention that the old god form was restricted, otherwise the results would be pretty obvious.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Byker Hill View Post
    The Naga in Vashj'ir. They totally carry through with their evil plan to grab Neptulon. The heroes (us) completely fail to stop them and divide themselves between 'Better tell Thrall we lost' and 'Guess I'll go try to rescue the prisoner of ours they took.'

    Gimme sticker.
    Does Magatha cheating us into handing her the Doomstone count as well?

    I mean you thwarted the plans of the Twilight's Hammer but now some backstabbing douche has a powerful artifact because we're that lame.
    Too often, we are mistaken for druidic types. perhaps that's true for some shaman, but do not let yourself be plagued by the ignorant belief that we are always peaceful.
    Nothing about what I do is harmonious. I command the elements to my will. There is nothing offered in return. I would have it no other way.


    Never assume an ogre's stupid, that's when they'll get you.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    To be fair, Varian is a very strong warrior. The guy charged at Thrall and bunch of Kor'kron guards all by himself.
    Varian wasn't by himself, he had several warriors with him
    at 9:20

  15. #55
    I am Murloc! Shampro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Crucible
    Posts
    5,432
    Garrosh beats Taran Zhu, leader of the shado pan, which no matter how much you dislike him/them, they are skilled warriors that have fought for centuries. He beat him 1v1 no powers. So saying that Garrosh has no contest is pretty baseless. I'm sure Dranosh and Garrosh had very similar brawl style combat as you can clearly see in the Wrathgate. Though I do question Dranosh's intelliagance by charging at the Lich King like that.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Garrosh beats Taran Zhu, leader of the shado pan, which no matter how much you dislike him/them, they are skilled warriors that have fought for centuries. He beat him 1v1 no powers. So saying that Garrosh has no contest is pretty baseless. I'm sure Dranosh and Garrosh had very similar brawl style combat as you can clearly see in the Wrathgate. Though I do question Dranosh's intelliagance by charging at the Lich King like that.
    taran zhu messed up and someone said he was still slightly wounded from the fight on isle of thunder. still cool that taran zhu pointed out garrosh's daddy issues.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Zanjin/simple horde main
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...2#post25856782
    Coming soon Expansion ideas: Age of N'zoth, Assault on Agrus.

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Choptimus View Post
    Brox beats them all.

    GG
    Grom vs. Broxigar would be close. Interesting battle to see.

  18. #58
    Field Marshal Topork's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Astana, Kazakhstan
    Posts
    94
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuditea View Post
    Grom beats Varok.
    Dranosh beats Garrosh.
    Grom beats Dranosh.

    Hellscream's win.

    GG
    Even IF(and that is a big IF) Grom beats Varok, I don't think he would be able to fight anyone after that. After all Varok is the brother of legendary Broxigar!
    And Dranosh would surely beat Garrosh at the time he was alive.
    lowskill Engrish

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •