Friend Requesting to Trash Talk

Is this a new thing? Friend requesting the opposing faction to trash talk them in the request window message. It's happening A LOT lately in my experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    We have a bunch of redneck yahoos that like to set them off in the cul de sac where I live, and 60% of their shit ends up in our yard or on our house. Not infracted
    Quote Originally Posted by zerocarbs View Post
    We have a bunch of obnoxious wetbacks that like to play their mariachi music where I live and nearly all their family ends up parking in our yard. Infracted

Killed a blood elf hunter in the alliance shrine the other day, he kept sending friend requests and the message in it just said "GTFO" everytime. Whether it's a new trend or not, I can't say, but I found it hilarious.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

10+ Year Old Account
    Why complain? Just accept it, give a witty response to their complaints, and unfriend them? Chances are if they're Friending you to bitch, they're probably mad that you killed them, seems like a good source of entertainment imho.

And yes, I've had it happen, I'm glad it's possible.

I get more of those for spam than anything. It'll usually be a friend request from one of those random-string names like qhkjdjhqre then "GO HERE TO BUY WOW GOLD CHEAP!!!!" I usually just hit the Report Spam button and move on.

I don't think I've ever had that happen in a PvP situation though. More often than not, if people want to trash talk, they just roll level 1 characters on my faction and start whispering me. I used to use a mod that'd automatically ignore anyone under level 10 for that reason.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2014-02-06 at 04:48 AM.

Yep. Since Blizzard refuse to allow cross-faction communication, this is the only way players have to communicate.

Say for example I'm in Hellfire and I'm leveling up (Lol no, that would be stupid, but bear with me) and some 90 comes along and kills me. Okay, fine, no problem. Say this happens 4-5 times and I think "Right, I'll have him on my main". I then bring my main to get to him but lo and behold he's flying 1000 ft in the air and refuses to come down because he knows he's fucked if he does.

I then proceed to add him to battle.net with a message like "So, I take your a <1k player who can't kill anyone their own level?" or whatever. If he accepts, he usually comes back with "lol scrub l2p" or whatever other childish retort they conjure up first. I also use this to take the piss out of really bad players, like for example I landed on TI the other day on an undergeared alt. Some Bloody Coin farmer was ganking and eventually he came to me, yet he had to blow every CD he had (Rogue, LOLOLOLOL) to bring down my Shaman. Not once did he disarm, stun or silence me and while I got him low, he was carried by gear in the end. I then messaged him with "If you're going to be a Bloody Coin Farmer, at least be decent at it". This was followed up with "lol i owned you". I quoted that back at him when I brought my main and just wrecked him.

I wish they'd lift the language barrier on RP servers just to pander to the niche who appreciate it.
    Or even implement a mechanic vanilla implied over learned languages, though there was no language barrier beyond archaic battle cries in the 3 RTS games.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Accept the requests and don't stop talking to them. They will get bored after 2 minutes where as you can have hours of fun until they log off or ignore / block you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sadly, this is a common thing. And though we thought there was no limits on blocking players... Well, Real ID has a limited blocking of ID's. A flaw that they need to review.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..