Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Maybe we're sort of like the cities in WoW with their incomplete architecture and reduced population. We don't really represent a single character, just the concept of heroic actors on the stage. Hell, I'd prefer to think that no one of my characters did everything in WoW and instead spread it out among my alts.

or wait till Varian gets credit of course.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Denkou View Post
    When I first started back in 2006 and was more into RP I would stand next to Saurfang in front of Org with my Champion PvP set on and pretend like I was a badass legendary Orc hero. Then I would toggle walk and walk all around town.

If I were to choose a similarly-powerful character or NPC as a point of reference as to how strong the PC is, I would say a strong quest giver, but not a hero or major character. Someone like General Nazgrim.
    but it takes 10-25 of us to kill General Nazgrim...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thassarian View Post
    You are not some almighty, all powerful [Class]
    Lol, speak for yourself.

Almighty Priest standing by

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    Backed up by his army. There are easily 10-25 of his subordinates there.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    And also now we can design gear to show off the male human high res nipples/chest hair.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ingame, we're elite problem-solvers who generally have the ear of our faction's leadership and that of most neutral faction leaders/figures of note. We operate outside the chain of command and take jobs from everyone ranging from a grunt bunkered down under suppression fire from the enemy, to personally accompanying the Warchief/King of Stormwind on a high-risk operation. In the novels, our accomplishments are given to AFGNAACP 'Adventurers,' who are treated in canon lore as an elite squad of heroes affiliated with the Alliance and Horde and working together as the first, last, and best line of defense by going straight into the bad guy's lair.

So it depends--ingame we're extremely powerful. The exemplars of the most common denominators among our faction. In the novels, we're as strong as the plot needs us to be without us one-upping the lore characters.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    And if it were a single player game it'd only take one of you to do it.
    and if we wait 2 exp it will only take one to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    Nazgrim had a whole army with him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would say, trained to elite soldiers. Though, remember, we are always spoken as 'A band of heroes' and so on. Pointing out there we are never alone, and that we can't really use a solo-raid as an excuse for acting powerful, for one is not. Would say, the selected ones, or elite soldiers?

Maybe you are the one guy who stands line at the command, hoping to not be seen and selected. But then suddenly, as a player clicks his choice, your name flashes and you are not designated ragdoll of the Alliance/Horde.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I wouldn't take into consideration your ability to solo old raids. That content technically isn't there anymore lore-wise, it has already come and passed.
    And while our characters are massively more powerful now then they were in Vanilla game-play wise, lore-wise I don't think our characters are notably stronger now then they were in Vanilla. There doesn't seem to be any DBZ-esque style power progression actually happening in the story, with the exception of a few of the main characters growing much stronger. That's just a game play mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by Arewn View Post
    I wouldn't take into consideration your ability to solo old raids. That content technically isn't there anymore lore-wise, it has already come and passed.
    And while our characters are massively more powerful now then they were in Vanilla game-play wise, lore-wise I don't think our characters are notably stronger now then they were in Vanilla. There doesn't seem to be any DBZ-esque style power progression actually happening in the story, with the exception of a few of the main characters growing much stronger. That's just a game play mechanic.
    Exactly. Levels exist because of gameplay, they are not representative of your actual power. You naturally grow more powerful as you experience the story and your character's ordeals, which just happens to be represented in-game as levels.