1. #1

    Another example of poor customer service when dealing with bugged bosses in game.

    Basically my guild did a wing 3 flex the the other night. We made it to spoils when things in the game started not working properly specifically the meter to measure your progress on each side of the fight the bars showed ZERO progress. So we got both sides cleared and the event ended. And the only loot that was distributed were the coalesced caches to every raid member. There was no loot at all dropped by this boss. Since I was the raid leader I put a ticket in and this the the responses I got from the GM.






    As you can see it was pointless to even put the ticket in to begin with because Blizzard isn't going to admit that something isn't working right.

  2. #2
    The Unstoppable Force Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    23,098
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarsham View Post
    Basically my guild did a wing 3 flex the the other night. We made it to spoils when things in the game started not working properly specifically the meter to measure your progress on each side of the fight the bars showed ZERO progress. So we got both sides cleared and the event ended. And the only loot that was distributed were the coalesced caches to every raid member. There was no loot at all dropped by this boss. Since I was the raid leader I put a ticket in and this the the responses I got from the GM.






    As you can see it was pointless to even put the ticket in to begin with because Blizzard isn't going to admit that something isn't working right.
    It's possible there is more to the story that you are revealing to us. Blizzard usually has very good CS so I'm doubting your claim.
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...htsongg/simple https://twitter.com/Aeluron1989

  3. #3
    Personal loot is personal. You have a % to get an item or gold, it is entirely possible for the entire group to get nothing.

  4. #4
    The Patient Lunareste's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    247
    You're acting like an asshole.

    No one is guaranteed to get loot. RNG happens.

  5. #5
    There is a chance of no one getting loot, just as there is of everyone getting loot. It's just not very high.

    Also don't be mean to Customer Service. Even if you were right, the girl/guy didn't make the "bug" or the "policy".

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarsham View Post
    Basically my guild did a wing 3 flex the the other night. We made it to spoils when things in the game started not working properly specifically the meter to measure your progress on each side of the fight the bars showed ZERO progress. So we got both sides cleared and the event ended. And the only loot that was distributed were the coalesced caches to every raid member. There was no loot at all dropped by this boss. Since I was the raid leader I put a ticket in and this the the responses I got from the GM.
    Not to point out the obvious, but just because you didnt like the answer you got does NOT mean the customer service was bad. ESPECIALLY when the answer you got was actually the correct answer.

    Your statement in bold basicly contradicts itself. You claim everyone in the raid got a Coalesced Cache. Then you claim you got no loot. In Flex, each toon either gets one, or the other, you NEVER get both. If everyone in the raid got a Coalesced Cache, that means that, though statistically low, the RNG gods decided that everyone in the raid rolled and got Gold. You have an equal, although equally low, chance of every person in the raid getting a piece of loot as well, and no one getting a Cache.

    As the GM said, that is just how the Personal loot system works. Every person in the raid rolls individually to determine if they get loot, or a consolation bag. Since every persons roll is independant of everyone elses, anyone with a functioning brain should be able to infer from that that there is no guarantee that anyone will recieve loot from any given boss, and that it is possible that events where both Everybody recieves loot and Nobody recieves loot could occur.

    In short. You were given the correct answer, and you didnt like it, so now you are bitching about it on the forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarsham View Post
    As you can see it was pointless to even put the ticket in to begin with because Blizzard isn't going to admit that something isn't working right.
    No, it was pointless to sumbit the ticket expecting blizzard to tell you that something that is actually working as intended is not working as intended just because you think it is not working as intended.

    People like you are the reason legitimate ticket issues sit in multi day queues.......
    Last edited by Surfd; 2014-02-06 at 05:35 AM.

  7. #7
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Twin Cities
    Posts
    74
    Yup you were being an asshole. Entirely possible for no one to get loot and the GM isn't responsible for it.

  8. #8
    Immortal Destil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kanda's House
    Posts
    7,709
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunareste View Post
    You're acting like an asshole.

    No one is guaranteed to get loot. RNG happens.
    Pretty much this.

    I really feel like you're leaving something out.. RNG is RNG...

  9. #9
    I don't see how that's poor customer service. In that screenshot, you're harping on the fact that no one in your group got any loot other than the Cache, which is totally possible within the bounds of RNG, and not a real issue at all. In fact, back when the new loot system was first introduced, it was stated by Blizzard that it would be theoretically possible for every player in a raid to receive a piece of gear, or for no one to receive gear, though neither case was very likely.The GM is trying, very, very politely, in fact, to explain to you how the personal loot system works and expressing their sympathies for your group having bad RNG in that moment.

    How is everyone in the raid receiving a Cache connected to the Blizzard UI issue you were experiencing, by the way? You seem to be implying that, because the UI wasn't tracking your progress correctly that, even though it did not stop you from completing the encounter, your raid should have been guaranteed gear as loot instead of the Cache?

    To me, it just looks like you were being difficult and rude, and they were being very patient, professional, and polite, offering to send you an email explaining the loot system and expressing their sympathies for the shitty RNG. "Good customer service" isn't always getting your way.

    What were you expecting them to do about your issue?
    Last edited by Daetur; 2014-02-06 at 05:36 AM.

  10. #10
    Atleast your useless ticket gave the gms their laugh of the day that day.
    nothing but empty space here bro. move along now.

  11. #11
    I had my fair share of experiences with incompetent gamemasters and this isn't one. Nobody looted an actual item - it happens.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSerialSniper View Post
    Atleast your useless ticket gave the gms their laugh of the day that day.
    This. This all day. They prob have that screen shot posted up on a wall in the office.

  13. #13
    In my own experience and from what I read in general, Blizzard's customer service is usually top notch (compared so some other games certainly *cough* GW2). I agree with Aeluron that it seems some information is being left out. Regardless, I think they handled themselves very well, considering the way in which you chose to react.

    Hopefully this experience won't sour you on Blizzard. Best of luck to you in your raiding future.

  14. #14
    Mechagnome Ineko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    679
    It's entirely possible for no one to get loot from killing a boss in flex. The fact that you got the cache's means that everything was working as intended. As a few have already said in this thread, you just made yourself look like an asshole.

  15. #15
    This is a pretty good example of a competent GM giving a reasonable response. They've certainly got me beat on how well they handled themselves in the presence of someone like the OP.

  16. #16
    If anything this is an unreasonable customer, and not anywhere close to bad customer service.

    not getting what you want =/= bad customer service.

  17. #17
    Pandaren Monk NuLogic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    1,770
    I don't understand what they did wrong. What did you want them to do? Give you all loot?

  18. #18
    The CS guy was actually really friendly.

    And what do you mean "another" example? Trying to be dramatic?

  19. #19
    Super Moderator Darsithis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    32,230
    I say he handled your rudeness quite well.

    There is nowhere for this thread to go. Blizzard answered you.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •