H Paragons (Korgen Debuff Questions)

Alright so 25 man, working on this fight. We have a warrior tank picking up Korven. At the 3rd application of Vicious Assault we put an Ironbark on him, when that wears off we Hand of Sac, followed by a second Hand of Sac, followed by Pain Supp, followed by Shield Wall, followed by Barrier, followed by a warrior Vigilance. People are still dying to avoidable mechanics, so it is possible we should have him down by this point, but what else can we do? We are basically out of CDs at the end of that rotation and the tank is just taking insanely high damage. Is there anything we are missing that should be used here or makes this damage more manageable? When he is at 6 or 7 stacks its just one shot territory, even through cds.

Deleted
    This may seem inordinately glib, but, assuming that you aren't solo-tanking the fight, had you considered having him, you know, not take that many stacks?

You can easily swap tank on Korven between Vicious Assaults. Unless you're having the other tank pop scorpion (which I really doubt you are, given that you get that many VAs), there's no reason any tank should ever have to take more than one stack of VA, ever, so long as they never take two Shield Bashes in a row.

Why are you letting the dot stack at all? I mean even with scorpion you should only get 2 stacks max and that's only at a bad time. I believe I read that you can cheese it as well by taunting at range, but one stack doesn't hurt and adds extra vengeance.

Quote Originally Posted by rmlunsford View Post
    Is there anything we are missing that should be used here or makes this damage more manageable? When he is at 6 or 7 stacks its just one shot territory, even through cds.
    You should never be at higher than 2 stacks. Have the tanks swap who soaks the bleed on each one, when the tank with scorpion buff uses that, the other tank is likely to hit 2 stacks when preventing the scorpion tank from getting stunned. And you don't even need a CD for 2 stacks.

Quote Originally Posted by NesQuek View Post
    Why are you letting the dot stack at all? I mean even with scorpion you should only get 2 stacks max and that's only at a bad time. I believe I read that you can cheese it as well by taunting at range, but one stack doesn't hurt and adds extra vengeance.
    Take this with a pinch of salt but i think the taunting at range trick was fixed

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Outranging doesn't happen anymore, there's always at least one stack - unless it's some obscure method that's more trouble than it's worth.

Deleted
    Your tanks shouldn't be getting a 3rd stack let alone 6 or 7, learn to share.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thisisanalt View Post
    Your tanks shouldn't be getting a 3rd stack let alone 6 or 7, learn to share.
    Wait 6 or 7? I must have completely misread the OP, as I didn't notice he said that before.
    How the actual fuck do you manage to make it to 6/7 stacks in any case? At the third stack dying within a global is already and issue and 6/7???
    That's how many millions of damage every third second? (Along with your tank being friggen stunned and not able to use mitigation)

Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    Wait 6 or 7? I must have completely misread the OP, as I didn't notice he said that before.
    How the actual fuck do you manage to make it to 6/7 stacks in any case? At the third stack dying within a global is already and issue and 6/7???
    That's how many millions of damage every third second? (Along with your tank being friggen stunned and not able to use mitigation)
    Its a lot. Roughly 1.5 million every 3 seconds. To do it we had to chain cds from 3 - 7 and if there was a period that didn't overlap it was instadead. Tank had to be totally topped rapidly after every tick. It was actually kind of fun now that I think about it, although insane. Part of my logic in posting this was as ammunition for the necessity of changing this strategy, as it felt crazy and unintended that this sort of external cd coordination / timing was necessary.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I imagine that chaining cd's through every Vicious Assault is "fun" in the "what the hell are we doing" sense. I can't believe no one questioned this ingame before you went to the forums.

Yeah, sure, you don't need a lot of tanking cooldowns until your tanks get Canned Heat, and get smashed to pieces by Ka'roz - and later Kil'ruk - so you can use them all on Korwen. It's still mind boogling. And it's 25 man, so any Vengeance gains do not offset this - tanks will not be destroying the bosses single handely.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    I imagine that chaining cd's through every Vicious Assault is "fun" in the "what the hell are we doing" sense. I can't believe no one questioned this ingame before you went to the forums.

Yeah, sure, you don't need a lot of tanking cooldowns until your tanks get Canned Heat, and get smashed to pieces by Ka'roz - and later Kil'ruk - so you can use them all on Korwen. It's still mind boogling. And it's 25 man, so any Vengeance gains do not offset this - tanks will not be destroying the bosses single handely.
    Wasn't really questioned because we still always seemed to have 6 dead people from avoidable mechanics and it was our 2nd night seeing the boss.