Page 42 of 45 FirstFirst ...
32
40
41
42
43
44
... LastLast
  1. #821
    Quote Originally Posted by Karnige View Post
    subs up. wheres the haters at? especially since nothing has been released or any handouts by blizz........ long live wow
    Subs for Blizzard don't mean anything anymore imho. Like the Romans, Blizzard already made their mark on history by producing a successful MMO.

  2. #822
    Quote Originally Posted by Karnige View Post
    subs up. wheres the haters at? especially since nothing has been released or any handouts by blizz........ long live wow
    You mean besides the major patch that was released before the quarter and there being RAF?

  3. #823
    A few causes. SoO has been a good raid. With the implementation of and difficulty level of flex, raiding and cross realm pugs have become *much* more accessible. Timeless isle has shifted away from the dailies that drove so many people away. Connecting realms has helped the dead realm problem. I think all of this has had an appreciable difference in subscription numbers.

  4. #824
    If you look at WOW's history, Dec has always been a good month. In 2011 in the middle of their biggest decline, they only marginally lost subscribers (100k). the following 2 quarters they lost over a million subscribers. In 2012, they lost 400k subscribers, the following quarter it was 1.3 million. Personally I thought they would lose about 100k odd. the next quarter is where things will get interesting. A lot of people either subbed because of WoD news or bought new accounts on the special ($15 for WOW and MoP is a steal). The previous year it was $35 for the same deal so it wasn't as attractive. I have a feeling that they will lose a lot of subs in the next quarter.

  5. #825
    Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    You mean besides the major patch that was released before the quarter and there being RAF?
    Lol

    Gain subs: Lol probably just bots and people with multiple accounts.

    Lose subs: WOW is dying! They need to learn from WotLk AKA the perfect expac!!! All these fanboys think it's gonna survive but wildstar is gonna kill it!

  6. #826
    Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    You mean besides the major patch that was released before the quarter and there being RAF?
    seeing how in the past subs still were going down i can't see how this isn't a win for blizzard

  7. #827
    Quote Originally Posted by Karnige View Post
    seeing how in the past subs still were going down i can't see how this isn't a win for blizzard
    1.8 million subs lost last year is not a win.

  8. #828
    High Overlord Guruftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    189
    Not exacly news. Subs always go up when a new Expack is or soon to be released.

    People is preparing for the expack, spread your buttcheaks!

  9. #829
    Titan MerinPally's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Chemistry block.
    Posts
    11,078
    Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    1.8 million subs lost last year is not a win.
    Last year isn't relevant any more. Otherwise, every product in the history of mankind that isn't a household essential that was never redesigned or revamped is a failure according to your logic. Basically, I could rewrite that as "your logic there is awful". At a time where there's a lot of uproar about the state of the game, getting a sub increase is a colossal win.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    Oh shut the fuck up you spack cunt.

  10. #830
    The Lightbringer May90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    South Bend, IN, USA
    Posts
    3,567
    He-he, no wonder. Games for kids will always be popular.

  11. #831
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Last year isn't relevant any more. Otherwise, every product in the history of mankind that isn't a household essential that was never redesigned or revamped is a failure according to your logic. Basically, I could rewrite that as "your logic there is awful". At a time where there's a lot of uproar about the state of the game, getting a sub increase is a colossal win.
    These numbers are from last year. Therefore it is relevant...

  12. #832
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Under your bridge, stomping your trollz!
    Posts
    2,043
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikkr View Post
    Now ive read your post and while I do agree you have a valid point I do have to ask why you are so passionate about making that point? Do you go to cancer wards on the weekend and tell the people suffering through chemo that its pointless and they should just give up because although they've made a little progress in the last 3 months if they compare it to a year ago when they were healthy then really they've made no progress atall?

    Sure the numbers have dropped in the past year, that's a fact that no one is disputing, but I don't see why you feel its wrong for people to take solace that for once the numbers have started to rise again. Im not flaming or being sarcastic here I am genuinely interested in why you feel the need to so passionately defend your view that the game is in worse shape then it was a year ago.
    So you are comparing terminal cancer to subscriber numbers in WoW...... Yeah, I will just not comment on that.

    I said what I said to draw attention to the fact that a slight increase in subs in a single 3 month period means nothing next to the drop in sub numbers from the beginning of the year. It is a fact, PR people like to spin the smallest things to make a bad situation seem not bad or not so bad.

    A single jump in subs in a single quarter means nothing when it is a measly 2.6% overall increase in a quarter compared it to the 18.75% drop in the past year. Even assuming the next year steadily increases at 2.6% per quarter they still won't regain their losses. The only bonus they have is a new expac coming out. An Expac of reskinned content I might add. The chances of them reaching 9.6 million subs off that is extremely slim.

    Now they are even toying with the idea of selling boosts to level 90?

    http://abload.de/img/wowsurveytos8n.jpg

    Blizzard is in panic mode right now. All the signs are there. I simply think people shoudl challenge the PR spin and think about the overall situation themselves instead of thinking, "WOOHOO SUB INCREASE WOW IS MAKING A COMEBACK".

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post

    It's always going to go in the following cycle:

    New xpac comes out and subs peak. A few months later subs gradually begin to drop but rise slightly whenever a major patch comes out.. Towards the end of an xpac numbers are generally at their lowest. Then it repeats with the release of a new xpac.

    The store is proof of nothing other than that Blizzard is aiming to maximise its revenue... Sort of like every single company on the planet.
    Did you not look at that chart?

    12mil peak from Sept 2010 to Feb 2011, the end of WotLK and the beginning of Cata. Now note that never again has Blizzard touched 12 million subs. Your idea that early in new expacs subs spike is correct, but from this point on the never reach the beginning point of the previous expac. July 2012, low point in Cata, 9.1 million subs. September 2012, high point and release quarter of MoP, 10 million subs. From there another steady drop. Currently 7.6 million subs, upon release of the next expac subs WILL spike, but they WILL NOT peak over 10 million.

    And if you don't think the in game store links are a sure sign to Blizzard panicking I can do nothing but point and laugh at you, because that is all you would understand.

    It makes me wonder if Blizzard developers even look at this data. Dec 2008, 11.5 million subs which is fairly steady to the beginning of Cata which is 12 million subs. This is a time period with 25 man raiding and 10 man raiding having split loot tables and split lockouts. As soon as they removed that system the sub numbers nosedived. Funny that they don't realize how terribly they fucked up their own game with that one change.

  13. #833
    Keyboard Turner ShaZaM ShaBa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1
    Meh back to Hearthstone

  14. #834
    Quote Originally Posted by RAWRF View Post
    It makes me wonder if Blizzard developers even look at this data. Dec 2008, 11.5 million subs which is fairly steady to the beginning of Cata which is 12 million subs. This is a time period with 25 man raiding and 10 man raiding having split loot tables and split lockouts. As soon as they removed that system the sub numbers nosedived. Funny that they don't realize how terribly they fucked up their own game with that one change.
    Ah, the old logical fallacy 'A happened before B, therefore A caused B'. Pick your favorite thing to hate that they changed and blame all sub losses on that thing. AMG LFD WAS INTRODUCED THAT'S WHY WOW DIED, or EFFING BLIZZ THEY LET CASUALS RAID WOW IS DYING COS RAIDERS ARE NOT THE ONLY ONES WHO CAN RAID ANYMORE and so on and so forth.

    I can just as easily say it was them revamping Hunters to use Focus and not Mana that was the cause, by this logic. Back when they had 12M subs Hunters used Mana. So obviously since they made that change it's responsible for all the sub losses!

  15. #835
    Quote Originally Posted by Buxton McGraff View Post
    But I guess the players like myself are dying off in WOW while the casuals and new generation take over.
    I disagree i feel both are thriving, hardcore raiding content has been the best its been since the Ulduar days and with the addition of flex and these amazing raids were getting every tier in MoP, i certainly think there's enough room to suggest that both the hardcore and casual sides of the game are doing well.

    PS: woo sub increase i have a feeling Q1, 14 may surprise us again.
    Last edited by yinyatto; 2014-02-08 at 06:07 AM.

  16. #836
    Quote Originally Posted by RAWRF View Post
    It makes me wonder if Blizzard developers even look at this data. Dec 2008, 11.5 million subs which is fairly steady to the beginning of Cata which is 12 million subs. This is a time period with 25 man raiding and 10 man raiding having split loot tables and split lockouts. As soon as they removed that system the sub numbers nosedived. Funny that they don't realize how terribly they fucked up their own game with that one change.
    This is some seriously messed up logic. You picked two things that just so happen to occur at the same time and then conclude that one caused the other. I mean, if you thought about that for literally 10 seconds (or less) you would realize you have absolutely no basis in reason. I'm not saying that Blizzard didn't do things that messed up their game. What I am saying is that you need to evaluate your logic before posting radical claims that are stupid and and completely misrepresent Blizzard.
    Last edited by j46ebucemag; 2014-02-08 at 05:57 AM.
    -Many thanks to Cocoacross for this amazing signature!-

  17. #837
    Quote Originally Posted by RAWRF View Post

    It makes me wonder if Blizzard developers even look at this data. Dec 2008, 11.5 million subs which is fairly steady to the beginning of Cata which is 12 million subs. This is a time period with 25 man raiding and 10 man raiding having split loot tables and split lockouts. As soon as they removed that system the sub numbers nosedived. Funny that they don't realize how terribly they fucked up their own game with that one change.
    This is sooooooo highly speculative its not even funny, your correlating things that MIGHT NOT even correlate together I highly doubt this is the reason behind the sub drop after the first tier of cataclysm.
    Quote Originally Posted by RAWRF View Post
    Currently 7.6 million subs, upon release of the next expac subs WILL spike, but they WILL NOT peak over 10 million.
    Again you say this with such certainty, I'm guessing you have a time machine and have seen the sub increase from the release of WoD to pass on this valuable insight as to what the sub increase will or will not be over, at least state somewhere that this is an opinion as opposed to making it sound like fact in your sentence structure.
    Last edited by yinyatto; 2014-02-08 at 06:01 AM.

  18. #838
    The Lightbringer Kickbuttmario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Mushroom Kingdom
    Posts
    3,182
    Blizzard is still gonna use the Blizzard store to maximize revenue as that is the current trend where the gaming market is right now, and Blizzard is already expecting losses.

    Nothing has changed, Blizzard is still expecting losses. Only idiot fanboys are saying grats and haters are getting mad. The winners on these threads are guys who don't give a fuck and are just doing their own thing.
    I am KickButtMario. I kick butt because I am Mario. The coolest, longest, living, protagonist out there in the video game industry.

    Currently playing WoW: BigFattMario TallKidLuigi PeachIsCute

  19. #839
    "Again you say this with such certainty, I'm guessing you have a time machine and have seen the sub increase from the release of WoD to pass on this valuable insight as to what the sub increase will or will not be over, at least state somewhere that this is an opinion as opposed to making it sound like fact in your sentence structure."

    It's really not that hard to deduce from the graph, WoD will not generate a 2.2mil sub increase to breach 10mil. Hell, MoP only generated a 900k sub increase

  20. #840
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Under your bridge, stomping your trollz!
    Posts
    2,043
    Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    Ah, the old logical fallacy 'A happened before B, therefore A caused B'. Pick your favorite thing to hate that they changed and blame all sub losses on that thing. AMG LFD WAS INTRODUCED THAT'S WHY WOW DIED, or EFFING BLIZZ THEY LET CASUALS RAID WOW IS DYING COS RAIDERS ARE NOT THE ONLY ONES WHO CAN RAID ANYMORE and so on and so forth.

    I can just as easily say it was them revamping Hunters to use Focus and not Mana that was the cause, by this logic. Back when they had 12M subs Hunters used Mana. So obviously since they made that change it's responsible for all the sub losses!
    Typical MMO champ response. "You said something against something I like so I am going to come back at you with the stupidest counter I can conceive of".

    Name one other "MAJOR" change besides the change in the raiding model that could have caused it. You think changing hunters from mana to focus is major? Give me a break. Come back when you have a reply that can be taken seriously. Don't worry, I won't hold my breathe.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by j46ebucemag View Post
    This is some seriously messed up logic. You picked two things that just so happen to occur at the same time and then conclude that one caused the other. I mean, if you thought about that for literally 10 seconds (or less) you would realize you have absolutely no basis in reason. I'm not saying that Blizzard didn't do things that messed up their game. What I am saying is that you need to evaluate your logic before posting radical claims that are stupid and and completely misrepresent Blizzard.
    As I said to the last person, name one other MAJOR change that happened at that time that could have caused such a landslide in sub numbers.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by yinyatto View Post
    This is sooooooo highly speculative its not even funny, your correlating things that MIGHT NOT even correlate together I highly doubt this is the reason behind the sub drop after the first tier of cataclysm.
    They actually correlate perfectly. And I never said it wasn't speculative, but I cannot think of another major change that happened right there that could have caused it can you? Subs started sliding right after this MAJOR change to the raiding model. This is undeniable. What is deniable is if it caused it. I never said it did, I speculated that it could have because it was the only MAJOR change that happened at that time.

    Quote Originally Posted by yinyatto View Post
    Again you say this with such certainty, I'm guessing you have a time machine and have seen the sub increase from the release of WoD to pass on this valuable insight as to what the sub increase will or will not be over, at least state somewhere that this is an opinion as opposed to making it sound like fact in your sentence structure.
    The statistical data is there. And yeah, I am sure enough in my claim that I will personally say it is fact. But in reality the probability is closer to about a 70-80% chance that it won't simply due to the data available.

    I was actually going to resub for WoD because the garrisons sound like a lot of fun. I still might. The only thing making me think I won;t is that link I posted earlier, asking what would be an acceptable charge for dinging a toon from 60-90. They start selling levels, no way will I ever come back.
    Last edited by RAWRF; 2014-02-08 at 08:33 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •