Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    It's so rare because it wasn't obtainable when it was being killed regularly, and now that it's irrelevant, hardly anyone kills it. I try to get a group together to kill it every week, even when offering people 1-2k gold just to show up and deal damage, it's hard to get enough people interested.
    Do you use OQueue? Normally, there always are at least some people who want to kill it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    It's so rare because it wasn't obtainable when it was being killed regularly, and now that it's irrelevant, hardly anyone kills it. I try to get a group together to kill it every week, even when offering people 1-2k gold just to show up and deal damage, it's hard to get enough people interested.

Looks like it will be something I will have to solo farm in 8.0 or 9.0.
    On my server there's always a group farming the world bosses for all the mounts. They all even have a set out route.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowt View Post
    The entire place was full of bugs.
    I see what you did there (^_-)

I have 3-4 guildies that have obtained the mount from Huolon..can't see it being the rarest mount in the game even though its only been available for 5 months.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ogelthorpe View Post
    I have 3-4 guildies that have obtained the mount from Huolon..can't see it being the rarest mount in the game even though its only been available for 5 months.
    HEAVENLY, not Thundering. This mount is from Sha of Anger in Kun-Lai.

Deleted
    Ye, it's stupidly rare mount. Sha of Anger was outdated boss when the mount started to actually drop, but still plenty of people kill it every week.
    But still it's rarer than any TCG which is kinda stupid.

Guess it's just blind luck mount like love rocket. Doesn't require any skill, is on very easy boss loot table. No effort required. Just favorable RNG.

As someone with close to 500 rolls across all my toons (half coins) on Sha, I believe it. Doubt I'll ever get that dumb serpent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    You used to be able to server x-fer to a new server and obtain the resonating crystal and title long after the true AQ event was done and over with back before mid Wrath. Any servers that opened after 3.1 or 3.2 had the gate event already completed. Any server that opened prior to that was fair game for rare mount and title hunters. This means that there are probably several thousand players with the black battle tank and title world wide (but only several hundred in each region) while there are probably only a few hundred players world wide with the Heavenly Onyx Serpent.

- - - Updated - - -

It doesn't say anywhere in the infographic that it is the rarest obtainable mount. It simply states that it is the rarest mount.
    If you wanna be like that then it is not the rarest mount in the game. Fluorescent Green Mechanostrider is the rarest mount because it is owned by only one player.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was pretty shitty of them not to catch the mount drop bug. You know, after thousands killed it at peak time for gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Im guessing the guys who have the ultra rare mounts have gone dark for quite some time so they aint counted

Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    So im bored and i stumble on this on blizzards site http://media.wow-europe.com/infograp...fographic.html

And it says on there facts that the Heavenly Onyx Serpent is the rarest mount in the game.

Surely this cant be true? You telling me there is more people with Black Qiraji Resonating Crystal than the Heavenly Onyx serpent?
    What they neglect to asterix on that info graphic is how the Heavenly Onyx Serpent wasn't on Sha's loot table until mid way through ToT. The mount forums followed the drop rates and saw the day the first one dropped. Now the problem is trying to get people to kill Sha is delegated almost entirely to the mount farmers on Oqueue. A very rare mount indeed, but not because of lack of trying

I kind of doubt that statistic includes TCG mounts or mounts that are currently unavailable tbh. Kind of like i don't believe for a second that the tiny red carp is the rarest pet. Rarest pet is probably mini tyrael/diablo or the first murky pet from blizzcon.
    Last edited by bmjclark; 2014-02-14 at 08:32 AM.

Deleted
    Like people have pointed out the Heavenly Onyx Cloud Serpent wasn't even obtainable for a while due to a bug, I'm seeing a lot more now on my high populated realm, just a matter of time until I get mine :P

Almost makes me want to resub to ride it again.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    I kind of doubt that statistic includes TCG mounts or mounts that are currently unavailable tbh.
    Well TCG mounts are no longer rare thanks to the duping exploit and Blizzards ignorance there was a problem.

Deleted
    rarest mount shouldn`t be one that looks just like other 10 mounts or more .

Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    So im bored and i stumble on this on blizzards site http://media.wow-europe.com/infograp...fographic.html

And it says on there facts that the Heavenly Onyx Serpent is the rarest mount in the game.

Surely this cant be true? You telling me there is more people with Black Qiraji Resonating Crystal than the Heavenly Onyx serpent?

I think that with the mount being mentioned right after that it implies rarest of actually obtainable mounts

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    I kind of doubt that statistic includes TCG mounts or mounts that are currently unavailable tbh. Kind of like i don't believe for a second that the tiny red carp is the rarest pet. Rarest pet is probably mini tyrael/diablo or the first murky pet from blizzcon.
    TCG mounts are far from extremely rare and the only one they probably left out is the Flourescent Strider

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Mercury View Post
    TCG mounts are far from extremely rare and the only one they probably left out is the Flourescent Strider
    Mounts like that shouldn't be listed here, cause he only got it cause of a GM not paying attention

Quote Originally Posted by Koenig View Post
    Mounts like that shouldn't be listed here, cause he only got it cause of a GM not paying attention
    But if we're going to go with absolute rarity it would be the rarest mount because only one player has that mount.